The JWFan Goodwill Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have about 8 extra The Phantom Menace OST copies, if anyone is interested.

Curiosity has to ask, how or why did you acquire 8 extra copies?

I got them really cheap in a bundle on e-bay. Was going to sell them, but that has been a little harder than I thought. The market is a little glutted with TPM OSTs. If anyone wants any, they are yours.

Are they brandnew? Still shrinkwrapped?

I have about 8 extra The Phantom Menace OST copies, if anyone is interested.

Curiosity has to ask, how or why did you acquire 8 extra copies?

I got them really cheap in a bundle on e-bay. Was going to sell them, but that has been a little harder than I thought. The market is a little glutted with TPM OSTs. If anyone wants any, they are yours.

Are they brandnew? Still shrinkwrapped?

Yep, brand new. Shrink wrapped. I think there is a hole in the bar code or something like that.

I think that means they're intended for promo use - the hole prevents them being commercially sold.

It's for that reason that I try to avoid using Amazon marketplace or ebay for scores by any of the specialty score labels. I want my money to go directly to them, not in some ebayer's pocket.

It's for that reason that I try to avoid using Amazon marketplace or ebay for scores by any of the specialty score labels. I want my money to go directly to them, not in some ebayer's pocket.

Yes, but that's a minor technicality. If the soundtrack cost $20, that's what the ebayer paid for it. His $20 went to the specialty label. Whatever you pay the ebayer, $20 of your fee replaces the $20 that the ebayer gave to the label, so in the end, you can sleep better knowing that your $20 did find its way to the specialty label, using the transitive property as applied to finance.

However, chances are the ebayer is charging you above and beyond $20, thus making a healthy profit on the side. The system of the specialty score label does not have a vehicle for giving this extra money to the label. This extra money goes to the ebayer. Capitalism.

At the same time, I'm still not happy that it's done, that I have to pay 6 times the original price for something I didn't know about up front. I know that I will die without ever owning a copy of Varese's Ghostbusters. It is well with my soul.

The way I see it, the less used and new CDs on the market, the more the desire for CDs sold straight from the specialty labels.

I wanted to generate some interest here, anyone here interested in my Superman Rhino/Warner edition? Since I have the FSM set I realized I don't need an inferior version of it.

I would send it today or next week but money is pretty thin right now as I said even after I pay my bills today. So anyways just wanted to generate some interest. First come first serve basis and I'll hold it until next month (August) for you since that's the only time I can send it.

Edit: All ready spoken for now by J Dan.

I think that means they're intended for promo use - the hole prevents them being commercially sold.

It's just a hole. Yes it's for promo use, but so what? It's the same CD, nothing's different. And if you want the money to go to Varese or FSM, then buy the score from their site. However if it's sold out and OOP, you have no choice but to scrounge eBay and Amazon Marketplace. Although SAE does sell through Amazon, so you can buy most of their CDs there for reduced shipping costs.

I have a copy of the expanded Goldfinger soundtrack for anyone interested. The only catch is that I have no inserts for it. Just pm me if anyone is interested.

It's just a hole. Yes it's for promo use, but so what? It's the same CD, nothing's different. And if you want the money to go to Varese or FSM, then buy the score from their site. However if it's sold out and OOP, you have no choice but to scrounge eBay and Amazon Marketplace. Although SAE does sell through Amazon, so you can buy most of their CDs there for reduced shipping costs.

I wasn't complaining about the hole, just pointing something out in answer to the previous post.

I'm referring to the fact that being in the UK it's not really sensible to order mainstream releases direct from the label, but Amazon's prices can be extortionate, like £20 sometimes.

A year or so ago when I managed to snag up the RCA Original Trilogy sets from ebay they had the bar codes blocked out. I think they were intended for promotional use only and I think it was stated in the action but can't remember. However for $25 shipped for all three sets sealed I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Sounds to me like SAE will buy CDs with holes.

"Cds must be in mint or near mint condition and if any are notched or have hole punches on the booklets and or tray cards please note on your list."

But when I got them, it was like $20 for 10, or something. I wasn't going to make much, was just hoping for like $3 to $6 per. I sold one to F.Y.E. and they bought it regardless of the damage.

I'm pleased to report that J Dan got the Rhino version of Superman from me today. ;)

I had thought about giving away my copies of the Sony editions of the Star Wars Original Trilogy since I have the RCA sets again and those are much nicer and I don't need duplicates of the OT scores.

Would anyone be interested in the Sony sets for the Original Trilogy scores?

Would anyone be interested in the Sony sets for the Original Trilogy scores?

If you're willing to part with them, I'll gladly take them off your hands as I don't have the scores at all.

Does anyone NOT have the Jurassic Park score? I saw one cheap, and would pick it up and send it, but I thought it was possible everyone around here might have it. Reply quickly if you don't, as it might be gone next time I get to the place (though the CD selection there does not usually turn over too fast).

Does anyone NOT have the Jurassic Park score? I saw one cheap, and would pick it up and send it, but I thought it was possible everyone around here might have it. Reply quickly if you don't, as it might be gone next time I get to the place (though the CD selection there does not usually turn over too fast).

I believe Trent does not have it.

I don't but that's okay. I am going to get it next month that it comes with in that DVD collectors set so I can have that and The Lost World score together. I'm primarily getting that set so I can have The Lost World in a proper jeweled case.

Heh. Well, I picked it up today for $0.50 (there was a sale), so anyone who wants it is welcome to it. If not, I'll find someone else to give it away to.

Thank you again, Colin, very much!! Got it today.

BTW, why is there a small hole in the CD case (on the upperlefthand corner) and the booklet?? CD itself is OK though.

BTW, why is there a small hole in the CD case (on the upperlefthand corner) and the booklet?? CD itself is OK though.

I feel like I've explained this three times in the last week. It's actually probably in this thread if you go a page or two back.

What Hitch said.

Nah, like Koray said, it was discussed earlier in the thread. I didn't actually realize that it was through the whole booklet. But I think it has something to do with being 'for promotional uses' or something like that. Hope it's not a problem.

What Hitch said.

Nah, like Koray said, it was discussed earlier in the thread. I didn't actually realize that it was through the whole booklet. But I think it has something to do with being 'for promotional uses' or something like that. Hope it's not a problem.

Ahhh OK, I understand now (I don't read EVERYTHING that's being posted here).

No, it's not a problem at all, thank you again very much for your generosity. :P

• 1 year later...

I picked up a copy of Warner/Rhino's expanded Superman the other day at a library sale. It's used and the booklet with the liner notes is missing, but I listened to it in the background at work today and I don't remember there being any noticeable scratches etc. If someone is missing Superman, it's free to anyone in the U.S. who wants it. First person who posts a response in this thread gets it.