Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan

Hitch

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget Saavik was half romulan and half vulcan as stated by one of the deleted scenes. Plus her and Spock did "meled" together when Pon far came into place.Spock was unable to take a mate

Changing Saavik to Valaris creates the only major issue in the script for Trek 6.

Because they are looking for a traitor on the inside, and there just happens to be a completely new character in this film.

If it were Saavik, it could have been more of a surprise.

TOS is definitely about the friendship between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Its unfortunate that the only movie that really showed that friendship was TFF.

You don't think TSFS was about friendship?

I think TFF captured the feel of TOS better than any of the other films. The way the three of them interacted together was reminiscent of the show. TSFS is about the friendship but it didn't demonstrate their friendship. Spock is barely in the movie and McCoy is never himself.

Spock is barely in the movie and McCoy is never himself.

That greenblooded son of a bitch! This is his revenge for all those arguments he lost!

Sounds like McCoy to me.

But indeed, Trek 5 is the only one that put the trio together for a long period of time.

Changing Saavik to Valaris creates the only major issue in the script for Trek 6.

Because they are looking for a traitor on the inside, and there just happens to be a completely new character in this film.

If it were Saavik, it could have been more of a surprise.

It would have been much more shocking, and resonated with the fans. Not to mention created one hell of a firestorm! But what we got is still plenty good.

Trek 5 does put the trio together the most, but it's also missing a lot of the crisp writing of the other movies. Scotty actually gets the best lines.

The whole concept of a big, RED monster on a white ice planet.....

That was pretty silly. Nifty looking monster, though

Just imagine Kirstie Alley NOW as Saavik. Ewww...

Just last night, I popped in STIII, and told myself that I'd watch a few minutes and then go to bed. Despite some hokey moments that I didn't recognize as such back when I watched it as a kid, I ended up watching the whole thing! It was two in the morning.

When Kirk is breaking McCoy out of the mental ward, and the guard is "surprise" punched by Kirk, it is the slowest, most obvious punch ever!

I like the parallax you get when comparing the photo at left, where the warning box is completely to the right of Jack's sword, to the close-up at the right, where the sword blade is now squarely behind the yellow warning triangle.

Very clever. That image shift alone is almost enough to give someone IBS.

I like the parallax you get when comparing the photo at left, where the warning box is completely to the right of Jack's sword, to the close-up at the right, where the sword blade is now squarely behind the yellow warning triangle.

Very clever. That image shift alone is almost enough to give someone IBS.

Blume must have been listening to too much Pirates that day.

- Datameister, who was applauded after playing "He's a Pirate" on a piano in a public place today.

"Scanning. Indications negative at this time" :lol:

Did I get it right?

"Scanning. Indications negative at this time" :lol:

Did I get it right?

Great, Hitch. Just great.

Yes, it would have been called Star Trek III: The Search for a New Science Officer or Star Trek III: Saavik Takes Spock's Place.

I would have liked Star Trek III: Saavik Get's her Freak On, or Star Trek III: Saavik Shows her Boobies

Whose? Kirstie Alley's, or Robin Curtis's?

Maybe portraying Saavik as full Vulcan was the only way to justify satisfying Spock's pon farr needs on Genesis by touching the fingers. She was full Vulcan so the logic schtick worked. If she was half Romulan, her emotional side would be a little more frisky for some fun.

That's also why alternate Spock kisses Uhura so many times in Star Trek 11. That relationship is 3/4 human, not 3/4 Vulcan, so rubbing fingers really doesn't have the same effect. Even if you say it's a personal thing, it's not like they have cameras in the turbolift cars, do they?

Maybe portraying Saavik as full Vulcan was the only way to justify satisfying Spock's pon farr needs on Genesis by touching the fingers. She was full Vulcan so the logic schtick worked. If she was half Romulan, her emotional side would be a little more frisky for some fun.

It certainly would have made the scene more interesting.

Well the camera did cut away and when we come back they are sleeping so........

At the time? Kirstie Alley's, definitely. (Her appearance in "Runaway" starring Tom Selleck was a highlight of the movie, no nudity but she strips down to her skivvies and is quite nice, if memory serves.)

Not anymore, though.

It certainly would have made the scene more interesting.

In the novelization of ST IV, it states that Saavik is pregnant and that's why she stayed behind. The scene was shot, but cut.

Ya know, I was going to suggest that Spock knocked her up, but didn't stick around Vulcan long enough to take care of Spock Jr.

Besides, if they had included the pregnant Saavik, they would have needed to show more than just she and Spock rubbing fingers together. Because if that's all it takes, I wouldn't want to shake hands with a Vulcan or eat anything prepared by a Vulcan. That makes the Vulcan hand salute...vulgar.

Well the camera did cut away and when we come back they are sleeping so........

...I didn't see any put-out cigarettes, though...

Getting back to STII, when Chekov looked at the Botany Bay belt buckle and realized they were in danger, why didn't he just request the Reliant beam Terrell and himself back to ship, immediately? Instead, they put on their helmets, wrestle with that door, step outside...

Getting back to STII, when Chekov looked at the Botany Bay belt buckle and realized they were in danger, why didn't he just request the Reliant beam Terrell and himself back to ship, immediately? Instead, they put on their helmets, wrestle with that door, step outside...

Because the cargo carriers have a magnopositachyon hull that prevents transport.

And they also had to go back to the transport co-ordinates site. "Damn....hurrrry"

Maybe this will help

Wow, pehaps it was time to do an Admiral's log..."Stardate ...... Admiral's personal log, I am furthering Romulan-Vulcan-Earth relationships".

Maybe this will help

Wow, pehaps it was time to do an Admiral's log..."Stardate ...... Admiral's personal log, I am furthering Romulan-Vulcan-Earth relationships".

I'm confused, and I've watched that clip twice. Isn't that already on the Director's Cut DVD of Wrath of Khan? It feels so familiar, even down to the hairstyle comments.

Maybe this will help

I'm confused, and I've watched that clip twice. Isn't that already on the Director's Cut DVD of Wrath of Khan? It feels so familiar, even down to the hairstyle comments.

No, its not. In the Director's Cut, the original long, single shot version is used. When the film went to TV, they used that clip because of cropping issues.