A funny anecdote.

Kevin

I know that someone of you probably won't believe me (considering my standing in this humble community).

At my cousin's 30th birthday party, I was talking to my cousin's wife (she's an opera singer), and I found out that she loves film music (and John Williams). She was at this John Williams concert (I can't remember where, the party was a bit loud for me to hear clearly) and after the show, she was talking to the promoter (or someone to that effect) and she asked if John Williams could sign a pamphlet and a John Williams 'best of' CD. The man took the items and only came back with the pamphlet, and explained that John Williams left the concert and must have accidentally taken her CD by accident.

Unfortunately, that was a few months ago and she still has not received the CD back...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sounds like that "promoter" may not be up to snuff. I don't like to think that Williams himself would steal the cd. Perhaps in a few weeks you'll find a surprise in your mailbox. If you don't... chock it up to a mistrust in someone! It's happened before.

He has been known of stealing someone else's music, so it's not surprising he also steals CDs ;)

Then how many CDs do you think Horner already stole?! :lol:;):o

well he has alot of Horner CDs at home, for sure :P

In the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I used to frequent a soundtrack shop called 58 Dean St. Records. One day, a friend of mine asked for Rythmn In Motion L.P. to be put away for him, for collection at a later date. While he was in London, in June 1982, to record Monsignor, J.W. went to the aforementioned shop, and asked if they stocked RIM? "Yes!" they said, and promptly sold him the copy that my friend was due to buy! Oh, dear...

I was once walking around campus at night when a man jumped out of the bushes and tackled me to the ground. He held a baton to my throat and demanded my wallet, so I handed it over. Then he broke all my fingers, slammed my head against the sidewalk and laughed maniacally. After I was suitably incapacitated he dashed to a bicycle he had hidden in the bushes and rode off whistling Elliott's theme from E.T. Hmm... I wonder...

I was once walking around campus at night when a man jumped out of the bushes and tackled me to the ground. He held a baton to my throat and demanded my wallet, so I handed it over. Then he broke all my fingers, slammed my head against the sidewalk and laughed maniacally. After I was suitably incapacitated he dashed to a bicycle he had hidden in the bushes and rode off whistling Elliott's theme from E.T. Hmm... I wonder...

I don't suspect Williams to whistle his own themes. That could be someone from this MB.

:unsure:

Cute, Henry.

ET? It was Joe.

• 2 weeks later...