Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I was just listening to the new Home Alone in the car this morning.  I also only like listening to Home Alone and similar scores in the wintertime, but for me that time doesn't end on Christmas Day; Heck, we haven't even had our first snow year here in New England.

I already bought a CD long time ago, where the CD was totally blank. Nothing on it!

#NowPlaying "Crepuscolo Sul Mare" by Piero Umiliani (on Relaxing Film Scores) http://songza.com/listen/relaxing-film-scores-songza/ via @songza

37 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Why?

It contains the exact same album but remastered, plus an entire second disc with more great Williams music, not to mention a nice booklet with great liner notes and artwork!

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

It contains the exact same album but remastered, plus an entire second disc with more great Williams music, not to mention a nice booklet with great liner notes and artwork!

The OST is absolutely fine, and can be bought for cheap.

33 minutes ago, Bespin said:

3.51 $ !!!

Nice dude!

30 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The OST is absolutely fine, and can be bought for cheap.

And Disc 1 of the LLL set is great too!

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

But it costs more!

I don't think Bespin has any budgetary issues.

The OST sounds brilliant, btw.

I never said it didn't!

Jason. Everyone knows you aren't objective when it comes to LLL and some of the other labels. Having wined and dined with the owners, producers etc.

And I'm sure you enjoy the occasional interview they allow you to do, but do you really need to whore yourself around on behalf of Matessino, MV Gerhardt etc?

Have a little self respect man!

What?

I'm offering my personal opinion that Disc 1 of Rosewood is a great listen!

What does the label that happened to release it have to do with anything?

What's your problem, dude? Why the hostility out of nowhere?

Stefan, I've never interacted with anyone at Intrada in my entire life, so your whole argument kind of falls apart.

Let me just say this:

I love the Rosewood OST.  I love the expanded presentation too!

I love the Judge Dredd OST.  I love the expanded presentation too!

I hope anyone who loves any score becomes aware of an expanded version of that score and gets to purchase it if they desire it.

0991b0c860a66ad8ba707f3e6c74509b.jpg (736×414)

It does not contradict anything I said earlier.  You chose your own interpretation of what I said based on whatever's going on in your own life today!  Don't drag me into your muck!

Saw FSM was having a 25% off sale and decided I'd finally make a purchase that I've been putting off for ages. :D

folder.jpg

It's my first FSM box (since the 5 disc Ben-Hur doesn't count).

Yep, great purchase!

Superman 1 has never sounded better, and it a perfect presentation.  Also it has my favorite liner notes along with Alien from around the same time.  I wish more liner notes were like those two!

I've honestly barely even listened to the Superman 2/3/4 discs in the set, and never the animated show, but I've listened to the Superman discs a lot.

In other news, my package arrived from Quartet today (actually it arrived Monday, but I wasn't home to sign for it and finally got it from the post office today) containing TOTAL RECALL, BASIC INSTINCT, and TOM SAWYER.  I cannot wait to dig into these!  The art design of all 3 is spectacular, I love the work Quartet does (for their titles I own of theirs at least, admittedly they've released a lot of scores I'll never own)

On 30.12.2015 at 6:31 PM, amh1219 said:

Saw FSM was having a 25% off sale and decided I'd finally make a purchase that I've been putting off for ages. :D

folder.jpg

Fantastic set. Superman I and IV presentations are must-haves.

Karol

On 30 December 2015 at 6:31 PM, amh1219 said:

folder.jpg

As Ed Harris once said: "That's the smartest move you'll ever make". Well done, sir!

And as Gene Hackman once said: "IT'S FANTASTIC" (tic,tic,tic,tic).

Ps, go easy on the book. It has a tendancy to fall apart just by looking at it.

On 12/30/2015 at 1:48 PM, Jay said:

Yep, great purchase!

Superman 1 has never sounded better, and it a perfect presentation.  Also it has my favorite liner notes along with Alien from around the same time.  I wish more liner notes were like those two!

I've honestly barely even listened to the Superman 2/3/4 discs in the set, and never the animated show, but I've listened to the Superman discs a lot.

To be quite blunt, the fact that there exists remastered and remixed material from the first-generation 6 track 35mm sources of one of the great movie scores of all time by the most popular film composer of all time, and we still cannot get purchase it outside of a highly expensive boxset, is damnable. 

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

To be quite blunt, the fact that there exists remastered and remixed material from the first-generation 6 track 35mm sources of one of the great movie scores of all time by the most popular film composer of all time, and we still cannot get purchase it outside of a highly expensive boxset, is damnable. 

Quite. Damnable.

Pre-ordered from Tadlow:

Tadlow-BlueMax-CD-Booklet-1.jpg

5 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

While you're completely right, I know of no one who regretted on spending this amount once they received the actual box and listened to its contents. The first score is a masterpiece, sure, but the remaining stuff is worth having too. It's one of the finest releases in my collection.

So yeah, steep price, but you want this one. Trust me.

Karol

I really really enjoyed the Superman 2 and 3 discs when I got the box set.  I was pleasantly surprised because i expected them to just be cheap imitations of the original.  I haven't revisited them much since, but that'll change soon as I work my way through my physical collection.

Superman 4 is a good score, full stop!

3 hours ago, crocodile said:

While you're completely right, I know of no one who regretted on spending this amount once they received the actual box and listened to its contents. The first score is a masterpiece, sure, but the remaining stuff is worth having too. It's one of the finest releases in my collection.

I've barely played most of the other discs more than once. But I do listen to bits and pieces of Superman 4 every once in a while, and Nuclear Man Theme gets a lot of play time.

I broke down.

And it's all Jay's fault!!!

My first purchase at MovieMusic Store:

- The Fury [Expanded Original Motion Picture Score] (1978) (2013, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1238)

- Jaws [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1975) (2015, Intrada, INT 7145)

I'm in Canada, so the international shipping fees applies.

I tried with 3 items and it was 3 $ more for shipping.  It will be that for now!

Bespin is Canadian? Would have sworn he was French.

I love MovieMusic's $1 shipping for orders of 3 titles or more. I've gotten into the habit of not only grouping titles together there but at other retailers as well.