Star Trek Into Darkness (The Big Bad Star Trek (X)II Thread)

John Crichton

I'm surprised there are so many people on this board who don't see every movie Spielberg makes still....

I watched Tintin just to say I did, but it won't get a second viewing. In the past 20 years, I have seen only six other Spielberg-directed movies: Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me if You Can, War of the Worlds, and Indiana Jones 4. He stopped being a must-see director for me...a while ago.

I get not rushing out to see his films in the theater anymore, but I don't get not seeing them at all.

I watched Tintin just to say I did, but it won't get a second viewing. In the past 20 years, I have seen only six other Spielberg-directed movies: Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me if You Can, War of the Worlds, and Indiana Jones 4. He stopped being a must-see director for me...a while ago.

You haven't seen Minority Report? It's one of my personal favourites from him.

Munich is better than any of those. But Tintin, JP, Catch Me if You Can and parts of Ryan and WotW are extremely watchable as well! And I really, really enjoy A.I. As for Minority Report, it might not be a perfect film but it's a lot of fun.

i think Minority Report is a really good film, and I hold it in high esteem. It's not perfect, but I prefer it to A.I.

Finally saw the trailer in HD with the sound on. Definitely looks like an entertaining film! Though I admit towards the end of the trailer I was getting kinda lost. Three trailers and the plot hasn't really been laid out that well, they are clearing keeping a ton under wraps still.

I wonder how long the movie will be? Seems like it'll be a long one.

Couldn't tell you one thing about the music in the trailer, didn't even notice it.... it was just there.

Munich is better than any of those. But Tintin, JP, Catch Me if You Can and parts of Ryan and WotW are extremely watchable as well! And I really, really enjoy A.I. As for Minority Report, it might not be a perfect film but it's a lot of fun.

No Munich is the worst of those, he's made many better films in and around the mess that is munich.

As for the new Star Trek trailer, I was excited after reading Blume's comments and about the new Star Ship but was completely underwelmed again. I just don't know what to think of this.

fortunately I have less than a month to find out.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Couldn't tell you one thing about the music in the trailer, didn't even notice it.... it was just there.

The music seemed like typical generic trailer music to me.

Exactly - which is fine, I don't need trailer music to be anything remarkable, just get the job done. I am opposing it to Man Of Steel's new trailer I saw right after, which had music that took me out of the trailer and made me think about how bad the music I was hearing was. Unfortunate.

Ah, so you're saying because of the music used in the trailer you'd not convinced the film will be good?

I'm still curious because of Abrams statement he wanted us to leave the theatre crying...

in what way, happy sad, sad sad?

thanks Wojo, I thought I read it here first.

perhaps i read it off site.

Thanks! I guess happy sad, then

Director J.J. Abrams promises the sequel to 2009's franchise reboot will have audiences in tears at the end of the film thanks to its message of hope and love triumphing over fear.

Though I'm sure he'll kill off a major character or two as well

Chapel haven't been shown at all yet in this continuum, have they?

I believe chapel was in the "big hands" scene in 2009.

Checkov can't be seen in the newest trailer at all, and I don't think he was in the last trailer either. Sulu has barely had any lines in the trailers, but he is shown on the bridge a lot.

Kirk/Spock/Bones/Scotty/Uhura are all featured plentifully

I think Pike, Carol Marcus, and whatever Peter Weller's character's name is are the most likely to die, besides Cumberbatch of course