Star Trek Into Darkness (The Big Bad Star Trek (X)II Thread)

John Crichton

It is. That Enterprise is not believable.

Notice the scene where Spock takes an elevator to the bridge in mere seconds from the other side of the ship.

And why do they need so many lights everywhere?

Spock's short turbolift ride to the bridge is shortened for cinematic effect. Sure, it's truncated, and is really filmed with him already at the bridge with a moveable wall that slides away. But turbolift rides are often plot devices for conversations, and Vulcans rarely talk to themselves.

I get more annoyed when years of TV series forget how many decks their ships have in the movies.

But the movies come after the shows. Did you reverse what you meant to say?

~

Here's a completely spoiler-free review:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-review/tabid/418/articleID/295304/Default.aspx

Part of the review says "The film was so new the credits hadn’t been properly completed" - weird, then why show it?

I wonder how much Giacchino's score is mucked with in the final cut

vengeance-b.jpg

That is the worst looking starship I have seen. God. That is ugly. Ugly. Ugly. WHY?

*barf* Fanboy made 3D models are better looking! Who the hell would approve such a travesty? It doesn't even look menacing. It looks like crrrraaaap.

vengeance-b.jpg

That is the worst looking starship I have seen. God. That is ugly. Ugly. Ugly. WHY?

*barf* Fanboy made 3D models are better looking! Who the hell would approve such a travesty? It doesn't even look menacing. It looks like crrrraaaap.

Is it me, or does anyone else see the shape of the Serenity from Firefly in the engineering section of the ship? It seems pretty obvious to me. Maybe Cumberbatch is a Reever.

Also called the stardrive. I would love to see this mirror Enterprise (or this ebony monstrosity) separate from its saucer, because I suspect Abrams would throw that whole "we need a star base to reconnect" out the airlock.

Not to sound like a complete doofus, but...where is the engineering section, exactly?

in a budweiser plant.

Traditionally Engineering has been in the secondary hull. Although I think for the TOS Enterprise it was in the saucer section, I don't quite remember. Then again that is if there is a primary and secondary hull. If there is no secondary hull like Archer's Enterprise then there you go...

Not to sound like a complete doofus, but...where is the engineering section, exactly?

in a budweiser plant.

lmao

That image of the ship is from official sources?! The textures on the hull look like something from Babylon 5! Surely that can't be a final film image?

star trek, nothing but star trek, nothing but star trek, staaaar treek.

I use Orbit gum

all my kind do anything described as FABULOUS!

How about this new music:

Did you hear that timpani roll at the end? DID YOU HEAR WHAT TIMPANIS WITHOUT DAN WALLIN SOUND LIKE?!

What about this new music Jason?

0:40-0:50 sounds awesome, long woodwind lines over action music? Yesssss.

What must I do to please your standards?!

So first we're getting a shot of Alice Eve in her underwear and now we learn she's a scientist?

Kinda like Dennise Richards in that Bond film. ;)

Karol

Karol, its been known for a long time that Alice Eve was playing Carol Marcus. Haven't you ever seen The Wrath of Khan? In that movie Carol Marcus was the scientist working on the Genesis project that also happens to be the mother of Kirk's kid.

Watched the second clip Blume posted. Now we're really talking! Bring on Saturday night!

go to aicn if you want to see a Klingon unmasked in this film.