Star Trek Into Darkness (The Big Bad Star Trek (X)II Thread)

John Crichton

Hot Wheels will be releasing the Kelvin, the Enterprise B, and Nero's romulan mining ship from 2009 this year

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2013/02/new-star-trek-hot-wheels-ships.html

No one posted the new clip? THE MUSIC! THE MUSIC THAT STARTS AT THE END! I WANT TO HEAR IT! :( WHY VARESE? WHY IS IT DELAYED?!

So basically this clip "that was nothing to be excited about" was the first time we heard the Marcus themes, eh? ;)

Well at the time it was just 5 seconds of random music out now context

Anyway I wouldn't call Admiral Marcus's Theme one of Giacchino's all time greats, though it certainly does its job in the film.

"Why is Alice Eve in her underwear, gratuitously and unnecessarily, without any real effort made as to why in God's name she would undress in that circumstance?" Lindelof responded. "Well there's a very good answer for that. But I'm not telling you what it is. Because... uh... MYSTERY?"

ROTFLMAO

and my answer to that is so what. she was lovely in her undies and there is no harm or foul.

Yeah, and that was misandristic. ;)

And Kirk didn't have his nipples covered!

I have no problem with the stripping down. I haven't seen the scene but what I gather from the shot is that the pose and the shot is overly artificial which is why many might feel it's wrong instead of just going with it.

but is is joke footage that they did because they knew they were going to take flak for the nudity?

LOL by the way.

The music of giacchino..it is for the deleted scene? or tracked ? :P

Not bad, except it looks like Harrison is holding a leaf-blower :P

Oh my, that is awesome! :lol:

Sent from Tapatalk

I can totally understand CBS not giving up on merchandise with the original TOS cast!

And if people are confused about the two, like it says in the article, then they fail at life.

The article made it sound like JJ and company wanted to basically do away with the originals and anything associated with it.

I'm very glad CBS stepped up and said no.

Sent from Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Generations had "time is the fire in which we burn."

Insurrection had "how many people does it take?!"

I'm struggling to think of a redeeming scene out of ST:V. Maybe "I'll die alone?"

"What does God need with a starship?" is perhaps THE quintessential Captain Kirk line. And the "I need my pain" speech is among the classic Kirk monologues. Trek V is full of heart. It's also horribly misguided at times -- but I still find it compulsively watchable, and enjoy it as a film more than Trek III.

At the end of the day, I think the least of the original six films is better than the best of the TNG films. (And it's not because I'm a TOS fanatic -- my favorite series is DS9.)

I also enjoy TMP more than TWOK. Sue me. :)

Simon Pegg: "'Fuck you!' if you think Star Trek Into Darkness sucks!"

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/simon-pegg-f-think-star-trek-darkness-sucks-155031897.html

Right back at ya, Simon! Before I read this I was a casual fan of yours.

As for which film is the worst, I don't really like V or Into Darkness, but at least V was different. It also had the better music.

I'm more interested in the quotes related to Williams score.

"I had the most wonderful experience with my daughter watching them, who was 3 at the time. She'd been listening to the "Star Wars" music in the car and she would want me to tell her the story of what was happening -- because I know the films so well I can literally "audiobook" the story to the music."