John Debney scoring 'Predators'

crumbs

Better than the AvP movies by a long way, and better than Predator 2....just don't expect oscar-winning acting or dialogue - but hey, that's not what these films are about I guess....the film is made as a straight thrill ride and - for the most part - pulls this off ok.

Predator - 8/10

Predators - 7/10

Predator 2 - 6/10

AvP - 4.5/10

AvP2 - 3/10, but only because of the score - otherwise, DOA.

Just trying to put it into context for you :)

Greg

EDIT - oh - and the score I found to be surprisingly good - long time since I bought a Debney CD - not any more.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's better than the AVP movies, which I thought were just okay, but it isn't better than Predator 2, which I hold in high regard because it successfully attempted to be different from its predecessor and it's just a great action film. Predators borrows (rips off) way too much from the first film. People like to call these bits "homages", but it gets tiresome when it's scenes that are shot-for-shot identical to a previous film. All up, I liked it a lot though.

The trailer seems the hint at a serious Predator film without the typical Rodriguez fun factor. I mean, it looks dead serious!

Alex, I thought it was a decent movie but with some pacing problems.

And we know the lead can't die, because he's the lead ...

Ah, bring back the days of Alien! I remember putting all my chips on captain Dallas, poor me.

The trailer seems the hint at a serious Predator film without the typical Rodriguez fun factor. I mean, it looks dead serious!

I love the opening of that trailer and wished they had use it in the movie.

Actually there's talk of a prequel for Laurence Fishburne's character. And even though they brought in an unspectacular 25 Million, a $40 million budget probably means we will continue to see the Predator franchise continue it's nosedive and Fox will continue to believe they will get it right sooner or later if they keep cranking out movies, no matter the cost.

Got this score in the mail today signed by Debney. Unbelievable. It's really, really great. Complete respect for Silvestri while adding some great new motifs, and as expected, the action cues are brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...