The Goonies by Dave Grusin

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Varèse Sarabande is releasing The Goonies on CD again. This time unlimited without the bonus tracks of the limited edition release. Release date: June 21, 2019.   https://www.varesesarabande

I just finished watching this Goonies reunion, too bad they couldn't add Grusin to the Zoom call but it was really fun to watch, wish there was more!      

Footage from the scoring sessions has turned up   https://www.instagram.com/p/CBiyHOVlBp3/

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The track listing for the new single-LP edition of The Goonies has been revealed

Side A

1. “Fratelli Chase”

2. “Cellar And Sloth”

3. “The Goondocks (Goonies Theme)”

4. “The ‘It,’ Fifty Dollar Bills And A Stiff”

5. “Pee Break And Kissing Tunnel”

6. “Skull And Signature”

7. “Plumbing”

8. “Restaurant Trash”

9. “Boulders, Bats And A Blender”

Side B

1. “They’re Here And Skull Cave Chase”

2. “Playing The Bones”

3. “Mikey’s Vision”

4. “Triple Stones And A Ball”

5. “Wishing Well And The Fratellis Find Coin”

6. “Mama & Sloth”

7. “One Eyed Willie”

8. “No Firme And Pirate Ship”

Assuming all tracks are identical to the 2011 CD versions and not edited down, that should run 21:35 for Side A and 22:00 for Side B for a new 43:35, completely non-chronological presentation!

I guess this would be pretty similar to what Grusin would have done in 1985 if he had been granted a score album release.

Actually, it's a bit odd that the End titles aren't included, especially considering they were on the song album!

I remember, back in 1985, listening to the end credits from the OST over and over again, as well as a rerecording of Fratelli's Chase from a Dave Grusin compilation. And of course to my own recording of the film's sound in the theater. I was in love with that score. Such an LP presentation would have been wonderful to own back then. Pure Bliss. But now......???????

Now we can re-create this playlist digitally if we feel like spending 43 minutes in this world instead of 71, I guess

Back in the day, far enough away that it was still when I would download such things, there was a boot of the score that was also (iirc) out of chronological order.  Was that an aborted Grusin OST?  Or just some schmo’s creative programming?

I love this score and have the original Club release - assuming these tracks aren’t edited differently, I might program this and give it a listen.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Back in the day, far enough away that it was still when I would download such things, there was a boot of the score that was also (iirc) out of chronological order.  Was that an aborted Grusin OST?

No

Or just some schmo’s creative programming?

Yea

I love this score and have the original Club release - assuming these tracks aren’t edited differently, I might program this and give it a listen.

Yea I'll be giving it a listen as well

It's not a random person's re-ordering; Grusin himself chose the track selection

On 4/7/2021 at 1:59 PM, Jay said:

THE GOONIES – David Grusin (Picture Disc) – *RELEASE DATE: JUNE 12TH*
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of The Goonies, the beloved soundtrack by Dave Grusin will be released on an LP picture disc for the first time ever! The special release features the album cover on side A and the infamous One-Eyed Willie on side B. The track listing to this abbreviated single-disc version of the original score was personally selected and assembled by Grusin himself. 

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/photos/a.207302096128750/1667141383478140/