The Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

MissPadmé

Trent, 3D092A0A_1EF0E6A4E1B7340E is one you had question marks by. Turns out it's just an already released piece from "The Dinner Scene" with the love theme edited out (from the beginning of the fireside scene).

And I must say, mad props to Trent for going over all of it, and everybody else for all their fine work! :up:

Ah thanks for that. I knew I heard it from some where but couldn't quite remember.

Sorry I mis-read posts.

The titles I used in my wordpad file are the correct titles for all three scores.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got complete Ambush on Coruscant, Anakin's Confession, and most of Shmi's Funeral except the first minute

The first minute of Shmi's funeral can be found in file EBEA1017_E8269DA3BB830AD2

WOW this is a huge find!

I * know* the missing bit from Palpatine's Big Pitch MUST be in there somewhere

Someone edited the spreadsheet to allow the header line to be used for sorting and filtering the content... awesome!

Thanks to whoever did that!!

That might have been me. I removed the empty row between the headers and the content, which allowed the filter to work.

However, I didn't know at the time that it would save what I did; I didn't actually want to mess around with your file... :unsure:

I've just used the cue titles used by Trent, and I have no idea which ones are the correct titles. And regarding the splitting of the tracks that contain several cues, I wasn't really sure how to treat those. What do the others think? Should those be splitted into "copies" of the file name?
That's what I would recommend if you want to use the filter to the full potential.

Then you could select any track from the drop-down menu and get to see which files you need for it.

Otherwise, this probably doesn't work. Though admittedly I have NO knowledge of Google Documents whatsoever;

I've just found myself using Excel rather a lot and it seems some of it is similar.

All right, right now I'm putting the "Alternate", "Opening" etc. stuff in the comments section, and I'll be splitting the multi-cue files into separate lines. Guess it will be more accessible that way.

Since it will be impossible for me to insert all the new finds, everyone's welcome to add their new discoveries to the sheet.

Like I said the cue titles I used in the wordpad are correct so definitely use those. I too plan to make a spread sheet for both AOTC and ROTS and listing all the cues and what material is available for them.

I plan to manually go through each TOR file one at a time again to make sure I DO NOT miss anything for each cue while I'm doing this list. I plan to start the list for ROTS once I'm finished doing my ROTS updated edit.

I'm a bit unsure about a few of the cue names, which are similar, but not the same... it's possibly just due to typos, but just to be sure:

Is "Approaching Naboo Balance" supposed to be "Approaching Naboo Palace"?

Is it "Anakin Crawls" or "Anakin is Crawling"?

Is it "The Senate" or "The Senate Scene", or are those two different cues?

I think I fixed most typos now, to make filtering work. Someone is adding Slate Numbers right now, *edit* Kendal_Ozzel (thanks!).

I'm a bit unsure about a few of the cue names, which are similar, but not the same... it's possibly just due to typos, but just to be sure:

Is "Approaching Naboo Balance" supposed to be "Approaching Naboo Palace"?

Is it "Anakin Crawls" or "Anakin is Crawling"?

Is it "The Senate" or "The Senate Scene", or are those two different cues?

I think I fixed most typos now, to make filtering work. Someone is adding Slate Numbers right now, I guess Pieter?

1: "Approaching Naboo Palace"

2: "Anakin Crawling"

3: "The Senate Scene"

Ah sorry, the third one is actually two different cues... "The Senate" from TPM and "The Senate Scene" from AOTC.

One more:

There's two files labeled "Rainy Ramp and Anakin's Nightmare"... I guess those are two different cues? Because there's one file labeled only "Rainy Ramp"...

For the recent AOTC you asked about it, it's all one cue. It would start right after the "The Dinner Scene" when it shows Obi-Wan thanking Taun-We and then reporting to Yoda and Mace about what he's learned. Then after that it leads to showing Anakin having a nightmare. Trust me it's all one cue.

It would be so awesome if the "alternate" AotC Finale was found in those files

So far the material I have the most difficult time to edit:

All the Zam the Assassin /Chase on Coruscant extra bits

Underscore AotC cues with the Separatist theme

The Arena cues missing bits

Dooku vs Obi Wan and Yoda Strikes Back

Council Meeting from RotS

The General Grevious cues

You really have to concentrate in finding what goes where

Updated the spreadsheet again... now most slate numbers for AOTC and ROTS are included, I'm only unsure about one "Scenes and Dreams" cue, as it was labeled being from AOTC, so I don't know if the cue title is wrong, or the movie.

Do we have slate numbers for TPM? The list at Wookieepedia has a lot of question marks...

Updated the spreadsheet again... now most slate numbers for AOTC and ROTS are included, I'm only unsure about one "Scenes and Dreams" cue, as it was labeled being from AOTC, so I don't know if the cue title is wrong, or the movie.

Sounds like that one (8CFD47CE_C150959413E6D63A) is actually "Revisiting Padmé" from ROTS.

Quick question

5663B4DA_DB3B223198B90629 is the "anakin's theme" unreleased segment of RotS Scenes and Dreams .Do we have the other unreleased potion that follows that music?

Ok I get a 2 hour, 1 minute running time for the RotS score using only games files and no DVD rips

What were missing RotS :

Revisiting Padme: Ending ATS theme +Transition

Scenes and Dreams: About 15 seconds

Council Meeting :15 seconds

Palpatine's Big Pitch :15 seconds

Yoda Farewell : 15 seconds

I am the Senate : A few seconds at the end

Those last cues amount to less than a minute

Padme's Visit part 2 :Mostly unreleased

Yoda to Exile: Mostly unreleased

Padme's Funeral and Vader on Executor : Mostly unreleased

Quick question

5663B4DA_DB3B223198B90629 is the "anakin's theme" unreleased segment of RotS Scenes and Dreams .Do we have the other unreleased potion that follows that music?

It would be file 08C70A13_4B4AA47F02DD4E2C.

I had to go through the files again to find it because I forgot to label it as such.

After that the only thing we're missing are the couple of notes that were omitted from the OST when Yoda counsels Anakin.

We almost have all of Spare Canister Caper, but we still need the DVD to fill in blanks.

Feel free to ruin your edits with SFX ridden DVD rips. The result is 1000X more jarring than a slightly off edit or fade out because material is missing. Especially when it's a second or 2 in the middle of a perfectly clean cue. I don't get how you guys approach this

For example the loud light saber clash you guys put to transition the first part of The Boys Continue to the middle of the cue. Really?

The way I see it, it's not complete unless everything is there, DVD rip or not.

At least we don't have that loud saber clash in Boys Continue any more.

It would be so awesome if the "alternate" AotC Finale was found in those files

So far the material I have the most difficult time to edit:

All the Zam the Assassin /Chase on Coruscant extra bits

Underscore AotC cues with the Separatist theme

The Arena cues missing bits

Dooku vs Obi Wan and Yoda Strikes Back

Council Meeting from RotS

The General Grevious cues

You really have to concentrate in finding what goes where

We don't have all of Dooku us Obi-Wan yet either - we're missing the Across the Stars theme, and the following percussion that got omitted.

Was there anything for The Arena in TOR?

Do we have slate numbers for TPM? The list at Wookieepedia has a lot of question marks...

Nope, we don't even have all the cue titles for TPM. Jim Ware seems to have some knowledge, but isn't saying much.

Padme's Visit part 2 :Mostly unreleased

Padme's Funeral and Vader on Executor : Mostly unreleased

We have all of Padme's Visit Part 2 (if you mean the Lament reprisal), and we have about 50% of Padme's Funeral from TFU. The DVD can be used to fill the gap for the most part as it's pretty much clean.

Nope, we don't even have all the cue titles for TPM. Jim Ware seems to have some knowledge, but isn't saying much.

It's too bad Jim Ware won't post what he knows all in one post instead of doling out bits and pieces at a time.

ggctuk:No I don't mean the Lament reprisal. I mean the part before when Anakin freaks out at Padme

AotC SFX free clocks in at 1 hour 48 minute. Meaning we got a shit load of new music, far more than I expected. AotC is now almost as complete as RotS

Most stuff missing is very small segments within cues, mostly loops of suspense music . ALL the fanfares and transitions are accounted for. I don't think anything important is missing apart from the rest of the kiss scene

While editing AotC it was almost like listening to a new JW score. It's A LOT better than I previously thought. A lot of cues from the beginning of the movie are wonderful. All Grown Up, Theed Palace Arrival.

It's too bad Jim Ware won't post what he knows all in one post instead of doling out bits and pieces at a time.

Indeed. It makes TPM seem less complete because we don't actually know for sure quite a few cue titles, or the majority of the slate numbers, or the timing for each cue. That information would come in exceptionally handy for my set.

Ah ah! The drum hit we have in Palpatine's Seduction Clean Ending matches the BF2 file of the other part so it's proof the Emperor's theme doesn't go in this cue (or was recorded later as an insert)

Or it could just be an awkward transition between takes.

also that Anakin anmd Padme on the balcony cue (News of the Attack) is complete

Is that gap that's in the film meant to be there? Or was the TFU file correct? I assume it's meant to be there but shorter since the cue in the film is edited much shorter than what we have.

E652E86C_32F54A12A38211AF - seems to be the Anakin's Test insert (the one the UE used) but with a clean opening and ending.

I Am the Senate wasn't marked on my list as it's technically still not complete - the DVD still needs to be used to fill a couple of gaps - and in one case, so does a synth mockup. But I'm fairly confident that's only temporary now.

The rip got me thinking on the order of Yoda Strikes Back. I'll upload my theory about that on the Prequel Resource thread.

We almost have all of Spare Canister Caper, but we still need the DVD to fill in blanks.

We have practically of all "I Am The Senate". There is only one area you need rear channel rips for and it's a piece that they didn't leave enough room for a clean fading. The other piece is the very end with the statement of Vader's theme.

I believe you are right - all we need to do is unfade the fades a bit to connect them better.

The piece I'm talking about is right after the unused section after Palpatine uses the lightning on Mace and it cuts back to the music used in the film. There is NO way to make a smooth enough transition into the following piece. So hence why I said you need a moment from the German rear channels.

AotC SFX free clocks in at 1 hour 48 minute. Meaning we got a shit load of new music, far more than I expected. AotC is now almost as complete as RotS

wow.. my current edit lasts just around 80 minutes...

AOTC's A LOT better than I previously thought. A lot of cues from the beginning of the movie are wonderful. All Grown Up, Theed Palace Arrival.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SFX Free RotS is 2 hours 1 minute. And I'm not including any of Padme's Funeral . So Alexander your missing a lot of stuff . Remember some music is on older files only

SFX Free AotC is 1 hour 48 minutes

I think Stefan is having cross thread communication problems

Hmm, were really not missing much from AotC . Some parts of First Kiss and a few small section in early cues like Palpatine's Plotting and You've Grown Up

Somewhere between 5-10 minutes

Also what I like about the TOR files is that none of them are distorted or have clipping like some of the TFU/TFU2 files

Well, just for clarity people, because i've gotten this question a lot:

The quality of the TOR files is the quality that they were in the game. I know this because the cmd program i used displayed the bit rate of the original files.

Now let's start making an AOTC expanded score. Is it hard to edit, KM?

Well I use one of Trent's complete edits as a guide to place the music and go cue by cue . I just listen back and forth and place the music

Ok I was getting a bit worried someone might re-rip the game at a higher bitrate quality or that there was some conversion downgrade to save space , but if you say that's the game bitrate then I guess that's it

0EEB399D_9E8C596020795DE3

Roll of the Die

7B710488_97E038E844EBB16F

Watto's Deal

01856C96_E0966F9541A9A035

I'm a Pilot You Know (clean ending in better quality than we had in the Insider's Guide)

ggctuk, without you i would never have ripped the game.

A little devlopment: a reliable source has told me that tools are being worked on to rip the TOR soundtrack.

The same source on FFShrine did tell me that the rip we have isn't complete, but I don't know if there's any more Prequel music to get from the game anyways. I haven't been able to verify as FFSHrine has gone down (again), but it sounds like all that's left that's absent from your rip is TOR music anyways. Would have been nice to get the rest of that alternate Take To Your ships, it sounds drastically different from the Album take.

The piece I'm talking about is right after the unused section after Palpatine uses the lightning on Mace and it cuts back to the music used in the film. There is NO way to make a smooth enough transition into the following piece. So hence why I said you need a moment from the German rear channels.

Funny, I was referring to a bit slightly later on than you were, at the end of the first third of 5F21961B_C2762B16EDAECD30 and before the beginning of A2D50D06_6EE29A4890581F03

Before I start my AOTC edit, I plan on going through the files again one by one in Cool Edit Pro so I can see what music is actually there. That way if I actually missed anything I'll be able to tell.

0EEB399D_9E8C596020795DE3

Roll of the Die

7B710488_97E038E844EBB16F

Watto's Deal

01856C96_E0966F9541A9A035

I'm a Pilot You Know (clean ending in better quality than we had in the Insider's Guide)

Thanks for finding that clean ending for "I'm A Pilot You Know". I might have missed that one like the clean opening for "Shmi's Funeral".

BTW in my wordpad file I did find the clean ending for "Roll Of The Die". I'll probably end up using that and making a better transition from that cue into "The Flag Parade" for my set.

Edit: BTW KM I don't know why you think that the Emperor's theme doesn't belong in "Palpatine's Seduction". Joe (Data) has said before it does because the sheet music shows it. How it is in the game files is right.

One overlooked thing about this release is that, aside from the new prequel bits and the massive original soundtrack, there is also music from Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. KOTOR2 was already complete in its original game rip, but KOTOR1 had a large amount of pre-rendered cutscene score that couldn't be separated from sound effects and dialogue. A little bit of that music came out in Star Wars Galaxies. Now there's more, including some of the most exciting action pieces. I'm going to work on a new edit of KOTOR incorporating all this clean music. Yay for Jeremy Soule music!

Sounds great! I always had the impression that the editions of the music for both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 that I've got here are not quite ideal.

SFX in KOTOR 1 and very sudden endings in KOTOR 2 and stuff like that.

Unfortunately, that's just how KOTOR2 is written. I love it anyway. Griskey maximized the one minute length of area music (one piece is only 36 seconds - wow). Of course, the "stinger" cues aren't very good for listening.