Elfman / Burton Box Set Coming.

Ollie

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Bond just posted this on FSM:

Here is a behind-the-scenes clip regarding the DVD documentary, “A CONVERSATION WITH

DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON” which is included in the Elfman & Burton 25th Anniversary

Music Box for which I wrote the book, “Danse Macabre.”

Just to reiterate, all I did was write the book--so I can't answer your questions about any other

aspects of the project.

These clips are part of an ongoing series highlighting various aspects of this production.

A CONVERSATION WITH DANNY ELFMAN AND TIM BURTON- DVD CLIP

UNBOXING CLIP:

DANSE MACABRE-BOOK CLIP

USB CLIP:

PRESS RELEASE:

DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX

- “A CONVERSATION WITH DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON”- THE DVD

available at: http://elfmanburton.com

THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX

Tim Burton, Danny Elfman and others involved in the its production offer a behind-the-scenes

look at the creation of an hour-long documentary DVD included exclusively in THE DANNY

ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX.

On September 12, 2010, legendary director Tim Burton and celebrated composer Danny Elfman

sat down in the control room of London’s renowned Air Lyndhurst Studios to discuss their 25-

year collaboration. The results, an exclusive DVD— “A Conversation With Danny Elfman & Tim

Burton” —provides a fascinating glimpse into the minds behind the movies and music as they

discuss every film and score in their storied collaboration. From the fear and excitement of their

first feature Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, through the challenges of Batman, through the struggles

and ultimate triumph of Alice In Wonderland, these two men reminisce about a partnership that

has spanned a quarter century and redefined how we listen to movies.

With humor, candor, and insight, Burton and Elfman remember the creation of classics like

Beetlejuice, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Big Fish and Edward Scissorhands. As an added

bonus, the DVD also includes a featurette on the creation of the songs for Tim Burton’s The

Nightmare Before Christmas.

DVD video:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the FSMers scared Richard Kraft away from posting, there's a new account just called elfmanburton that posted this today:

THE MUSIC OF THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX

Tim Burton, Danny Elfman and others involved in the its production offer a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the over 19 hours of music featured on the 16 CD’s and the Skeleton Key USB Drive included in THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX. Over 8 hours of this music has been previously unreleased.

BEHIND THE MUSIC CLIP:

This clip is part of an ongoing series highlighting various aspects of this production.

A CONVERSATION WITH DANNY ELFMAN AND TIM BURTON- DVD CLIP:

DANCE MACABRE-BOOK CLIP

USB CLIP:

UNBOXING CLIP:

PRESS RELEASE:

THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX- 16 CD’s FEATURING OVER 19 HOURS OF MUSIC- available from www.ElfmanBurton.com

Tim Burton, Danny Elfman and others involved in the its production offer a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the over 19 hours of music featured on the 16 CD’s and the Skeleton Key USB Drive included in THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX. Over 8 hours of this music has been previously unreleased.

For the last 25 years, collectors and fans have been asking for expanded soundtracks featuring music left off the original album releases. Now, for the first time, all 13 Elfman/Burton film soundtracks have been enhanced to include additional masters of missing music previously excluded from their initial release.

In addition, this box set will include the premiere release of the original soundtrack album of Burton and Elfman's first collaboration, Pee-wee's Big Adventure. After a quarter of a century, the original soundtrack recordings have been discovered, edited and mastered by Danny Elfman. Also included are highlights of the score's re-recording.

This collection also includes bonus tracks of music created by Elfman for Tim Burton's projects outside the world of cinema, including scores to television (Beetlejuice: The Animated Series and expanded versions of The Jar and Family Dog), the web (The World Of Stainboy), and the debut release of the incidental music to Tim Burton's exhibit for the Museum of Modern Art.

A major, previously unheard rarity is the discovery of demos of Danny Elfman's unused score for the Edward Scissorhands Ballet. Foreshadowing Elfman's symphony, Serenada Schizophrana, and his Twyla Tharp ballet, Rabbit And Rogue, this unused score offers a fascinating glimpse into one of Elfman's most beautiful and ambitious works.

For a glimpse behind the scenes of the creation of his music, Danny Elfman has reached into his archive to find rare, never-before-heard work tapes and score demos, including early drafts of his music for Batman, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Big Fish, and Alice In Wonderland.

Elfman has also unearthed early demos of the songs from his three Burton musicals (Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, and Tim Burton's Corpse Bride) featuring Elfman singing all the parts of all the characters. Song's cut from these films have also been discovered, including “Erased" from Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride and an unreleased rock song, “This Time," created to promote The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Another insight into Elfman's process is provided via percussion and synth-and-percussion-only versions of his innovative score to the Planet Of The Apes.

As a bonus treat, instrumental, orchestra-only versions of all the songs from each of his musicals have become part of this compilation. A sampling of fascinating foreign-language versions of songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas are also part of this package.

Another bonus feature is the inclusion of Elfman's demos of the themes for the Burton-produced animated feature, 9.

Fan-requested rarities and obscurities have also been included, such as the “Beetlejuice Commercial," the film version of “The Landing" from Mars Attacks!, the film version of the “Christmas Eve Montage" from The Nightmare Before Christmas, additional battle music from Alice In Wonderland, and versions of “Victor's Piano Solo" and “The Piano Duet" from Corpse Bride appear without dialogue. Even the Singing Elves have been added back into the mix of Nightmare’s “What's This?"

To help celebrate this unique 25th anniversary commemorative release, Danny Elfman has arranged and recorded four exclusive Music Box Suites featuring new, music box-flavored renditions of songs from such scores as Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Pee-wee's Big Adventure.

This collection has also allowed Danny Elfman a unique opportunity to remaster his scores with particular emphasis on improving sonics on both Batman and Sleepy Hollow. In the case of Batman, a better-sounding source of the music was located and re-edited to re-create a superior version of this legendary soundtrack album.

In addition to including the entire musical contents of the 16 CD's, the Skeleton Key USB Drive will also include an additional 21 previously unreleased bonus tracks.

ElfmanBurton.com

Richard Kraft posted around Christmas time, or somewhere in that time frame, he was not going to post there anymore. He was upset with the attitude of the board.

BEHIND THE MUSIC CLIP:

Hey, they're talking about me at 3:21! (At least, I was the one who suggested that on the FSM thread). Danny Elfman thinks I'm a weirdo. :lol:

That's really cool :) I've yet to hear of a request in that thread that isn't reflected in the tracklists.

It gives a refreshing change from my vision of the clueless bald-headed executive (i.e. the vision that still makes me convinced any Potter expansions will be a score-lover's nightmare).

• 2 weeks later...

Unboxing video:

Honestly for $500 the girl should be included :P

Its nice the original album covers are included as well, looks lke you could put them in jewel cases with the discs and leave everything else in the box.

I don't think I'd want all the scores. The ones I really want are Big Fish, Beetlejuice, Planet of the Apes, Edward Scissorhands, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. The latter is the only one I really see perhaps being not available in future outside of the box, as it's Disney. I'd rather see a box set with some of his non-Burton scores in.

If it were $200.00 I'd buy it. I appreciate the effort but that big box is silly looking and would be an eyesore, not too metion it wouldn't sit on my shelf.

He, he...everyone is doing the "is the girl included too" joke today.

I wish I had the dough for it. To me, the scores aren't that important (as I have all of them in perfectly fine versions already, and have zero need for expansions), but the unreleased odds'n'ends, the book and the DVD are definitely things I salivate over!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on the facebook-fanpage:

"Just had a telephone conversation with a customer service rep at WB Records who quoted me a ship date of 4/5/11 for the Collector's Edition. God I hope that is legit. It's so close I can almost taste it."

Well then for your sake I hope there'll also be a promo video "How to Eat the Elfman/Burton Box Set". (I mean they háve to be running out of promo video topics!)

:)

Time to cancel that credit card and claim you never received a product!

:joke:

Take some pictures!!

I don't remember ever reading anything saying the USB would have more music than the discs. Do you have a link?

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 17th disc mailed to people who pre-ordered around X-Mas?