And The Nominations Are.....

Greg1138

From the only awards ceremony that really matters.....

Worst Picture

"The Bounty Hunter"

"The Last Airbender"

"Sex and the City 2"

"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

"Vampires Suck"

Worst Actor

Jack Black, "Gulliver's Travels"

Gerard Butler, "The Bounty Hunter"

Ashton Kutcher, "Killers" and "Valentine's Day"

Taylor Lautner, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" and "Valentine's Day

Robert Pattinson, "Remember Me" and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Worst Actress

Jennifer Aniston, "The Bounty Hunter" and "The Switch"

Miley Cyrus, "The Last Song"

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, "Sex and the City 2"

Megan Fox, "Jonah Hex"

Kristen Stewart, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Worst Supporting Actor

Billy Ray Cyrus, "The Spy Next Door"

George Lopez, "Marmaduke," "The Spy Next Door" and "Valentine's Day"

Dev Patel, "The Last Airbender"

Jackson Rathbone, "The Last Airbender" and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Rob Schneider, "Grown Ups"

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Alba, "The Killer Inside Me," "Little Fockers," "Machete" and "Valentine's Day"

Cher, "Burlesque"

Liza Minnelli, "Sex and the City 2"

Nicola Peltz, "The Last Airbender"

Barbra Streisand, "Little Fockers"

Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3D

"Cats & Dogs 2: Revenge of Kitty Galore"

"Clash of the Titans"

"The Last Airbender"

"The Nutcracker in 3-D"

"Saw 3D"

Worst Screen Couple or Ensemble

Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler, "The Bounty Hunter"

Josh Brolin's Face and Megan Fox's Accent, "Jonah Hex"

The Entire Cast of "The Last Airbender"

The Entire Cast of "Sex and the City 2"

The Entire Cast of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Worst Director

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, "Vampires Suck"

Michael Patrick King, "Sex and the City 2"

M. Night Shyamalan, "The Last Airbender"

David Slade, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Sylvester Stallone, "The Expendables"

Worst Screenplay

M. Night Shyamalan, "The Last Airbender"

John Hamburg and Larry Stuckey, "Little Fockers"

Michael Patrick King, "Sex and the City 2"

Melissa Rosenberg, "Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, "Vampires Suck"

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

"Clash Of The Titans"

"The Last Airbender"

"Sex and the City 2"

"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

"Vampires Suck"

Twilight saga getting a real kicking, and Airbender not getting off lightly either....not sure what Stallone is doing on this list - but Billy Ray Cyrus is more at home....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Razzies kinda suck. Rather then give their awards to the actual worst movies, they just give it to what is popular to hate. No matter how bad it was, Attack of the Clones was not the worst movie of the year or even remotely close. Not matter how bad it was, Crystal Skull was not a worse sequel than that shitfest that was The Mummy.

The Razzies kinda suck. Rather then give their awards to the actual worst movies, they just give it to what is popular to hate. No matter how bad it was, Attack of the Clones was not the worst movie of the year or even remotely close. Not matter how bad it was, Crystal Skull was not a worse sequel than that shitfest that was The Mummy.

Agreed on almost all counts. However, they are also the only awards not to take themselves too seriously, they are voted for my anyone who wants to cough up a few quid to join, and some of the "winners" have a ball with it....

The only one that really feels out of place there, is THE EXPENDABLES. This was my 11th favourite film in 2010. Great, unpretentious return to 80's action filmmaking. I loved it! (as I did PREDATORS, another film that tried to do the same).

The only one that really feels out of place there, is THE EXPENDABLES. This was my 11th favourite film in 2010. Great, unpretentious return to 80's action filmmaking. I loved it! (as I did PREDATORS, another film that tried to do the same).

The greatest thing about The Expendables was that all these actors got together, but the movie itself was mindlessly forgettable, I thought.

I added Razzies to the title for those who don't know.

Even though it was somewhat obvious what Greg was referring to since it's award season.

I added Razzies to the title for those who don't know.

Thank you! :)

Even though it was somewhat obvious what Greg was referring to since it's award season.

Of course I know what Greg is talking about, but a month or two from now, all you would've seen is "And The Nominations Are..." :rolleyes:

Of course I know what Greg is talking about, but a month or two from now, all you would've seen is "And The Nominations Are..." :rolleyes:

So?

Putting the razzies in the subject gives away the joke before you click open the thread

Perhaps a link to the Razzie nominations in the first post would have been more appropriate

Oh ffs.....wish I hadn't bothered.....only on a score forum could you post this and have it followed up with whinges about how the original post/thread title "would have been better if......"

Terrible choices, the lot of them. Even as a curiosity, the razzies suck. Why can't they ever pick a film that people had actual expectations from? Everyone agrees these films suck. Nominate a Crash, or Babel, or Inception, or Gladiator...show some backbone, or at least some wit. As it stands, it is just poorly produced snark.

Morlock- who thinks The Onion should take over the Razzies

Oh ffs.....wish I hadn't bothered.....only on a score forum could you post this and have it followed up with whinges about how the original post/thread title "would have been better if......"

Don't get bothered over it Greg. Humor, it is a difficult concept etc.

I can say from experience The Last Airbender really did suck. BUT the visual design and effects were actually pretty nice so a worst screenplay win would be more appropriate than overall worst picture.

I was also forced to sit through half of Twilight: Eclipse before I was able to extricate myself from the room, and I can say without any hesitation that a block of wood would have given a better and more believable performance than Kristen Stewart.

Terrible choices, the lot of them. Even as a curiosity, the razzies suck. Why can't they ever pick a film that people had actual expectations from? Everyone agrees these films suck. Nominate a Crash, or Babel, or Inception, or Gladiator...show some backbone, or at least some wit. As it stands, it is just poorly produced snark.

But... Those are good movies. :(

ROTFLMAO

Gladiator wasn't and you could debate the others as well.

Gladiator wasn't and you could debate the others as well.

Babel is one of my favorite movies of all time...

Gladiator had the charm of bringing just enough modern elements to be attention grabbing, but still retain some vintage sensibilities in terms of pacing and storytelling that makes it very watchable any time you're in the mood for an afternoon of good flicks.

What's not to like?

That's not the point. Of course, it would be impossible to come up with 5 culturally important films that people can agree are bad (I like 3 of those films). But talk about raising the level of discourse- saying that a popular and critically acclaimed film is full of shit- that actually can get people to think about these things. Trying to speak truth to power is a great thing. Challenging the sports-fan like mentality that's going around, with people rooting for and against films for reasons that have little to do with the content of the film (And I don't mean to exclude myself from that).

People accept that the Oscars are nonsense...but at least they deal with films that are relevant. It's easy to argue that Twilight is just the product of a marketing decision. An argument that we've been hoodwinked by Inception's, though...true or false, that's an argument worth having.

Gladiator had the charm of bringing just enough modern elements to be attention grabbing, but still retain some vintage sensibilities in terms of pacing and storytelling that makes it very watchable any time you're in the mood for an afternoon of good flicks.

What's not to like?

Oh you just had to go and ask, didn't you.

You should know by now Blum that there's plenty of willing mouth-pieces on this board who love nothing more than responding to questions like that one ;)

That's not the point. Of course, it would be impossible to come up with 5 culturally important films that people can agree are bad (I like 3 of those films). But talk about raising the level of discourse- saying that a popular and critically acclaimed film is full of shit- that actually can get people to think about these things. Trying to speak truth to power is a great thing. Challenging the sports-fan like mentality that's going around, with people rooting for and against films for reasons that have little to do with the content of the film (And I don't mean to exclude myself from that).

People accept that the Oscars are nonsense...but at least they deal with films that are relevant. It's easy to argue that Twilight is just the product of a marketing decision. An argument that we've been hoodwinked by Inception's, though...true or false, that's an argument worth having.

On the contrary, if the Oscars did the inverse of what you are accepting the Razzies are doing, everyone would be pissed. It would defeat the purpose of honoring the best films, just as the Razzie's defeat their own purpose.