What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

The PS4 performing that well is weird considering its relative lack of high caliber exclusives. I don't think it has had a killer app with a wide audience. But that's the power of marketing and swaying public opinion. Microsoft is still recouping after the disastrous launch of the Xbone.

The PS4 performing that well is weird considering its relative lack of high caliber exclusives. I don't think it has had a killer app with a wide audience. But that's the power of marketing and swaying public opinion. Microsoft is still recouping after the disastrous launch of the Xbone.

Yeah, the PS4 outperformed XBone because former Microsoft customers felt Sony did more to please gamers in the long run. All M$ did during their presentations of the Xbone was make a fool of themself, because of all their stupid decisions.

Anyone here ever had games crashing on the PS4 ? (any game)

Yes, I had it crash once or twice, but it's been a while now.

I think some games might be pushing the PS4 hardware too much . Witcher 3 framerate was pretty low at times

Anyways I shouldn't worry too much, I've had tons of xbox360/PS3 games that crashed like crazy and my consoles are still alive. I just expected things to be smoother and trouble free this generation. I'll wait at least 2 months post launch and several patches to play anything new now

Now I have a bunch of backed up PS3 titles to play...back to JRPG's

I haven't bought Witcher 3 on PS4 purely because of its performance issues and I wouldn't consider doing so either if that nonsense went unfixed indefinitely.

Batman Arkham Knight shows how it's done properly, beautifully optimised for the hardware that it is.

Apparently swapping out hardware components to try to get Arkham Knight running at anything more than a sideshow on PC makes diddly squat of a difference.

Well of course. That's a broken game any way you look at it. The PC version is inferior to the console versions, until the coders fix it. But Asylum and City were gorgeous on PC.

Well of course. That's a broken game any way you look at it. The PC version is inferior to the console versions, until the coders fix it. But Asylum and City were gorgeous on PC.

They were indeed.

Karol

It's because you don't really mind 20fps gameplay. Loads do, though.

It's 30fps, which is still standard these days for consoles.

The bog areas don't run @30ps. They run well under, which you didn't notice.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-patch-107

Bought Primal Carnage as it's on sale for less than 2 dollars, and so far I've been a Raptor, a T-Rex, and by the end I got eaten by one. All in all the best guilty pleasure I've gotten in a long time, I enjoy it so fucking much and my God I hope the feeling doesn't go away too quickly. This is a game that I should have had when I was 12, but back then the only way to play as a Raptor was in that old JP game for Sega, which is still great.

And hey, for less than 2 bucks, it's damn daaamn fine.

Are you even sure there was a 60fps version? Because the video I watched was jerky, lowres and pretty poor quality. It was like watching a game trailer from 15 years ago.

Visually it looks more pleasing than the first one, but since Dying Light came out with excellent first-person parkour running and combat, this will have to do something special to make as big an impact as ME made back in 2008.

I know what you're saying, I use Chrome and normally with Eurogamer I get the option to watch it embedded in 1080p60 but this was different. It only had 1080 HD for highest quality and even that was horrible to watch.

I'm still listening to CD's, I have a regular cellphone, which I hardly use. I don't facebook or twitter. I still watch movies on DVD. Life is good.

Sent from my dummy brain using hands.

I'm at the beginning stage of digital media and been there since. Let's face it, analogue was a bit crap...

Laserdisc, CD-I, that craze passed me by, luckily.

I do have an extensive collection of blu-rays.

Perhaps Jeremy Soul will get a chance to retouch his score with newer samples or an actual orchestra (and perhaps expand upon some of his themes as their relatively sparse utilization was a major missed opportunity in my mind)

Continuing my journey in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag... what a rich world to explore. I'm going for everything, every chest, side quest, every marker on the map

Doing battle with multiple ships in the middle of a storm, awesome fun as well as visually astounding.

large.jpg

I'm not sure if I would've tried it if A. people weren't praising about it on this board and B. it wasn't free with Games with Gold formula on Xbox.

So to y'all that praised it to high heaven... you are right ! Brilliant game. :love2:

It is a very admirable game with a fantastic world. I just didn't care too much for the campaign's missions themselves. It should have been an open ended experience, imo.

90 % of the time I'm sailing around from one map marker to the next, haven't done many story missions yet, but I'm having fun with them, linear as they are.

What platform did you play it on?

First I tried it on X360, now for real on the Xbone. Looks splendid.