What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Again, I'd love to have the fortitude and patience to play one of those games in its entirety. But I just know the wall next to the sofa would end up having knuckle blood on it.

It's a shame there has to be so many endless boss fights, because I would definitely play it if they were greatly thinned out. Even in normal games I've never been a fan of boss fights.

I just really love the Souls games' aesthetics. Their art direction and design are awesome, but like you I don't have the patience for them and think some of the mechanics are there simply to make it hard for hard's sake. That's never a good thing.

Wish they would add an easy mode or something for players that aren't looking for the impossible challenge, but then all of the die hard fans would cry havoc.

yeah the boss fights are harder in Dark Souls 2. I can't get passed 2 of them. It's like they made it for the 5% who thought Dark Souls 1 was too "easy" .Either that or it wasn't made for single player and you need help to take them down.

1) Armor is ineffective, they still kill you with 1 hit no matter that your wearing

2)There's no hiding places because their weapons go through stone columns and they can instantly jump/reach across the room. In Dark Souls they at least had to break the obstacle first before they could reach you

3) You can't get far enough to heal and they can hit you about 5 times before the healing animation is over

4) They gimped magic and dodging in this one to make it even harder

5) You can't roll behind them because they have attacks that reach there too

At least Demon's Souls had little nook and crannies where you could hide and heal

I don't know how I'm supposed to win this time

rpgs with normal beatable bosses (as bioware usually does) is good.

Infinite 'health bar' bosses like in the kingdom hearts games (the only rpg of that kind I played) are wall-knuckling as quint said....

question for gamers:

Is it possible that nowadays games are more resource-energy efficient than games five or six years ago?

Because i remember my laptop heating over 80ºC playing tomb raider legend (and other 2008-2010 games)...but with the latest tomb raider i can play and it only reachs the 70's. Mass effect 3 and LOTR War in the north dont "heat" that much either.

Console or PC? On PC the latest games draw more power than ever, but towards the end of last gen consoles the systems definitely ship with more eco friendly chips with more efficient cooling - which older games in particular will make the most of.

I never keep track of my computer's heat. I accept that my Noctua heatsink will do the job, and all the fans on my video card keep it cool. I don't game on my laptop because it does run very hot.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

The main reason devs are somewhat underwhelmed by the next gen consoles weak processing chips is because Microsoft and Sony both wanted to prioritise cooling and power efficiency, which is great for our electricity bills but disappointing for moar graphics whores like me.

You misunderstood me, I was asking if games were more efficient using resources (hardware) nowadays so computers did not overheat that much.

I use a laptop, and i think i noticed a heat generation drop from old games to some new ones.

Hey KM, check out this hot Dark Souls player's YouTube channel:

She posts some good stuff. A hardcore rpg babe exists on Earth after all!

I like her video. She's cute and it shows how a "normal" player would do the fight. Often you see boss battle videos from expert Japanese gamers that have invincible game breaking stats or weapons already and somehow seem to cheat the real game mechanics.

I finally beat that guy too, also died about 15 times and also used spells. His sword can nail you from far away and he's on your ass all the time. Notice that you can't hide anywhere

I also beat other ones I thought were unfair, and you have to learn split second blocking with your shield and attack at the right moment. This game REALLY asks you 10X the concentration of other games

She's obviously a tough as nails gamer because I'd have thrown in the towel after 10 attempts. That automatically grants her +100 charisma, makes her incredibly sexy and sets my merchant prices to less than half the cost whenever she's buying my weapons and potions.

I shocked girls like that actually exist. Is she a John Williams fan on top of that?

She beat him at level 29 and 1/2 her health bar..so I'll give her that ..I got him at level 70. But if he hits you twice in a row you'll die no matter what level or armor your wearing

There's another fight where there's similar knights...only you have 3 to fight at the same time.

yeah, that's how it's working so far

but you have to be a bit more careful not to die twice in a row and losing souls permanently, since you can't farm souls endlessly

Right now I've only killed 8 out of the 26 bosses and I estimate I cleared less than half the game. I'm level 100 and I think I've reached a soft cap as to my character progression in most stats. Enemies in the new areas I have to go to can still kill me with 1 hit...this is getting hard

Argh. Typical with these games, I want them, buy them, but never get close to beating them. The Black Armor Edition is tempting me on Amazon, but Infamous: Second Son is out this Friday. Not to mention MGS: Ground Zeroes tomorrow. I also want the new South Park game. Looks awesome.

changing his name again?

People just keep the same damn user name

Nice.

First time I'll play a Final Fantasy game with the classic victory fanfare .I wonder why they removed it for the 13 series

Quint got mad I moved a post he made about Breaking Bad from the TV thread into the Breaking Bad thread, and a post he made about the Walking Dead from the TV thread into the Walking Dead thread.

He felt he was "talking to a bigger audience" by making those posts in the TV thread instead of the specific show threads. He asked me to move them back, but then before I had a chance to do anything, he edited his posts where he was complaining about the moved posts, and PMed me asking me to change his username *shrug*

You guys' reactions are exactly what he wants. Of course he's coming back. He's a drama queen.

I see Quint's point. He was making comments that couldn't be misconstrued as containing spoilers. The TV show specific threads do contain spoilers, so they are often avoided by those people who are behind on the show or just don't have any interest at the moment. After all, we have spoiler-free Hobbit threads and spoiler-friendly Hobbit threads. We don't have spoiler-free Breaking Bad or TWD threads, we just call that the last TV show you watched thread, though it also doubles as the what does Jay watch while he folds laundry thread.

The moral of the story is that Steef has no claim to making Quint leave. The happy dance is apparently Jay's.

KK, I didn't even notice you were gone.

Are Joey and Chaac banned or something?

Nobody is banned. Sometimes people just decide to stop posting here everyday, and that's to be all that happened with Joey and Chaac. Quint just went the extra step of changing his avatar and username as well. I am sure all will be back.

I am not happy or sad that Quint is "gone", I love everyone on JWFan! And respect everyone's decisions to come or go as they please (Alice and Ren should post more though!)

I don't really care where his posts go, and like I said before I had a chance to respond to his requests, he was already PMing me asking for the username change. I work all day, I don't get to everyone's requests right away.

I see Quint's point. He was making comments that couldn't be misconstrued as containing spoilers. The TV show specific threads do contain spoilers, so they are often avoided by those people who are behind on the show or just don't have any interest at the moment. After all, we have spoiler-free Hobbit threads and spoiler-friendly Hobbit threads. We don't have spoiler-free Breaking Bad or TWD threads, we just call that the last TV show you watched thread, though it also doubles as the what does Jay watch while he folds laundry thread. The moral of the story is that Steef has no claim to making Quint leave. The happy dance is apparently Jay's. KK, I didn't even notice you were gone. Are Joey and Chaac banned or something?

The problem some people have these days is that the moderating style exercised here is too hands on, when compared to previous Mods.

Closing a thread because some people mentioned the title Backdraft more then once as an in-joke. Quite anal nitpicking about posts that supposedly belong in threads that the moderator created specifically for that subject.

I can understand that for a Mod it might make things easier to read though, but it does rob a some of the spontaneity from this place. Which is why people like Lee or Joe feel less inclined to post. Since they are grown up men being treated like little kids who should stay in line!

It's a pity, but unless the current moderator doesnt begin to see that his general behavior and style might at times do more bad then good, we might see other people choosing greener pastures.

Jason, I like you, but you really can be an obnoxious bully at times.

I can understand that for a Mod it might make things easier to read though, but it does rob a some of the spontaneity from this place. Which is why people like Lee or Joe feel less inclined to post. Since they are grown up men being treated like little kids who should stay in line!

Grown men upset that their posts are being moved around. Dear lord...