The Official Tadlow Thread

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vikings – MARIO NASCIMBENE The Vikings – MARIO NASCIMBENE CD | PROMETHEUS XPD 181 | Price: £ 15.95 CD | Pri

After listening to the terrific recordings of THE BLUE MAX,  SODOM AND GOMORRAH and THIEF OF BAGDAD; I cant stop raving about them. Even the 2cd Rozsa Concert recording was terrific. I never warmed up

If it ha the us well there are some cues that were unrecorded, for the crucifixion etc.

The samples don't make me too excited - it's naturally well performed and recorded, but when compared to the original recording, it's missing a whole lot of oomph, scale and grit that gave it its character and likeability.

• 6 months later...

So, Taras Bulba... the back cover marks the majority of the cues as previously unrecorded/includes previously unrecorded music, while obviously most of them are in the film (per the booklet, not planning to see it). Is this a legal technicality referring to the fact that they could only work from the faded composer sketches, rerecorded OST and the reduced orchestra suite, so technically these are all-new never-before-recorded arrangements? How come the actual unrecorded song (Fox and the Hen, "This is the song's premiere recording") isn't marked as such then?

6 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I'm a Kickstarter backer (basic level, just the CD), so I've been waiting for it for a while. But James Fitzpatrick's health comes first, and I'm not in too much of a hurry.

James recently updated that its coming out very soon.