Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

I have 3 MOH CDs for sale and a promo of Rising Sun I'll throw in for free.

For sale where?

It just went on sale now that I have the press release. ;)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thing that appeals to me is the box set nature of it. It's a lovely presentation, very inviting to explore. I just don't know if getting to the end of it will fill me with satisfaction. I don't do video games. And I'm not sure about the other composers. I have Lennertz's Chipmunks score, but that's it.

Well if you pretend the Lennertz and Djawadi scores aren't even in the box set, you're still getting 5 Giacchino scores for $55, so its still a bargain.

The fact that they are composed for video games are irrelevant - this could just as easily be scores to movies that you've never seen. Listen to some youtube clips. Over in the LLL thread, our members posted their favorite ones a few pages back

Jason is correct. The Giacchino scores are excellent and it's hard to believe they were written for a video game.

I keep repeating this but they are better than 90% of most film scores written since 1999.

I have 3 MOH CDs for sale and a promo of Rising Sun I'll throw in for free.

For sale where?

It just went on sale now that I have the press release. ;)

Right, but where? I'm trying to buy them from you man! :)

How much you want for 'em?

I think the thing that appeals to me is the box set nature of it. It's a lovely presentation, very inviting to explore. I just don't know if getting to the end of it will fill me with satisfaction. I don't do video games. And I'm not sure about the other composers. I have Lennertz's Chipmunks score, but that's it.

You should take a listen of each of the scores before deciding. If they overall impress I would buy the box if I were you. It isn't very useful to have the box in the shelf collecting dust if it happens most of it does not appeal to you.

I urge you to listen to the Frontline score which is a bit darker than the first two. Giacchino has great thematic writing going on that spans the entire score and the action pieces are in my opinion some of the best he has ever done.

I haven't officially listed them, that was part of the joke.

I am serious about selling them. I figure $30.00, you get MOH, MOH Underground with the Best Buy Logo on the front and MOH Frontline with the EA Logo. Plus I'll throw in MOH Rising Sun Promo for free. It's a composer promo with artwork but it is a CD-R. That's how it was sent to me. I received it as a gift when I ordered a bunch of CDs from one of the vendors 5 or 6 years ago.

All that includes shipping and packaging as well.

four and a half hours to D-Day.

Yay!

Oh no! i think Airborne is missing the reprise of 'In the trenches' that played when you had to raid the Manor house again in Operation Husky, to kill 3 officers. And the cue 'Tavelling into Darkness' from Avalanche.

Why are you counting down? You've already ordered it, as have a lot of others. :lol:

I'm reminding others. It's called being nice :P

Look the labels have been doing the same damn release schedule for years, yet everytime you always have a bunch of people asking when where why etc etc. :lol:

At 3:55pm PST, go the webpage. It will say the site will go live shortly. Keep hitting refresh around 3:58pm PST until the site goes live. The links will be at the top of the page. Add the MOH box to your cart, checkout, and have all your address and credit card information memorized so you don't waste time reading them off.

Done. Easy as a drunk girl at a college party.

I like to have original versions AND re-released versions of scores

I don't get rid of original releases if I already own them, but I don't go buying them along with the newer ones you crazy loon. :lol:

Do I need this? I'm not a huge Gia fan, and the stuff I've heard doesn't emotionally connect with me. It's nice, but... But everyone seems to love it so.

I haven't played the games, and don't even have a clue what Lennertz's scores sound like. A few years ago, before I was familiar with much of anything from Giacchino, I gave the original game's score a 'preview' after hearing it so highly praised here. It hooked me immediately, with the same appeal that a lot of the action material from Indiana Jones has. (Like

. bowdown )

So, I've kind of been waiting on a box set like this for a while now.

And I shall have it. :devil:

(80 minutes and counting...)

I like to have original versions AND re-released versions of scores

I don't get rid of original releases if I already own them, but I don't go buying them along the newer ones you crazy loon. :lol:

Hey Jason funded half of my purchase today. :lol:

At 3:55pm PST, go the webpage. It will say the site will go live shortly. Keep hitting refresh around 3:58pm PST until the site goes live. The links will be at the top of the page. Add the MOH box to your cart, checkout, and have all your address and credit card information memorized so you don't waste time reading them off.

Done. Easy as a drunk girl at a college party.

:lol:

Luke was being sarcastic, Koray.

And I think you meant 3:55PM EST - 12:55pm PST

you were just trying to trick me!

but i was serious about finding the links.

When i ordered home alone i couldnt see it anywhere, and it was past 1:00 pm.

About buying, i know how to do that part :P

i was serious about finding the links.

When i ordered home alone i couldnt see it anywhere, and it was past 1:00 pm.

Sometimes, you have to do a "hard-refresh" on LLL's home page to see the changes once they go live. To do that in firefox, hold down "shift" before clicking the refresh button

From their shipping info page: http://www.lalalandrecords.com/ShippingInfo.html

Shipping and handling charges are calculated as follows:

North America : $4.00 for the 1st cd and $1.00 for each additional CD.

All orders will be shipped First Class mail via the United States Postal Service.

ALL OTHER COUNTRIES: orders are sent air mail; add $8.00 for first disc and $2.00 for each disc thereafter.

Then you have the homepage notice about "special shipping charges" being ADDED to the box set:

The following special shipping charges will be added to each MOH BOX SET purchase: North America: $7.00. Foreign: $11.00.

So, it's like Jason said. $11 ($4 + $7) is domestic, $19 ($8 + $11) if foreign.

I was confused too. Thought I was only going to be charged $7 for shipping.

Oh well, not a big deal. It'll be well worth it.

It cost me $12.00 USD to ship the MOH Box set & First Knight.

$4.00 for MOH + $7.00 extra charge and $1.00 for First Knight.

The home page says the $11 is ADDED to the normal shipping price, not INSTEAD OF

A week ago MV said the TOTAL shipping prices would be $11 domestic and $19 foreign. I posted his comment here.

Yeah, it's not like an unexpected $4 is going to break the bank now.

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a mistake.

Well, there was actually... AND I MADE IT! :whistle:

Just listened through the samples and wow does Djawadi score stick out.

It's like one of those coloring book games, "Which of these is different from the rest?".

are there new hidden tracks?

'cause airborne is missing a few... :/

They are on disc 8. Since Airborne was a download they weren't hidden, just bonus tracks.