Noticed some Williams OSTs have recently gone out of print...

Jay

The Varese editions of 1941, The Missouri Breaks, and The Cowboys have all recently gone out of print, as has Warner Brother's The Witches Of Eastwick.

This especially bums me because I don't own any of them and was planning on buying them "soon" - guess I waited too long!

Anyways - think this means anything? Does it make expanded releases more likely, or have no impact?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea, but it'd certainly be cool! I don't know much about The Missouri Breaks, but 1941 and The Cowboys are two scores whose main themes I know well, and I've been wanting to buy full releases for a while.

Well, ToD was expanded about 17 years after the OST was of of print

Your point?

That just because a title goes out of print does not mean that an expanded release is in the near future.

Well, ToD was expanded about 17 years after the OST was of of print

Your point?

That just because a title goes out of print does not mean that an expanded release is in the near future.

I kind of insinuated that if it was in the near future, to "Bring it on"

If this is true... then I hope Hook, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Episodes 1-3, HP2, etc all go out of print.

Now.

The Varese editions of 1941, The Missouri Breaks, and The Cowboys have all recently gone out of print, as has Warner Brother's The Witches Of Eastwick.

This especially bums me because I don't own any of them and was planning on buying them "soon" - guess I waited too long!

Anyways - think this means anything? Does it make expanded releases more likely, or have no impact?

I doubt it. I'm amazed those were still in print

And I forget who reissued Eastwick a few years ago, but would they do it again?

No need for any expansions, of course - neither of these nor of anything else - but if they're getting hard to come by for new fans, they should obviously be reissued.

My copy of COWBOYS has reversed channels, but no biggie. In stereo, it's pretty much the same anyway. :)

Was Cowboys still in print after that big John Wayne boxset was released? Maybe that's why the OST is out of print.

No need for any expansions, of course - neither of these nor of anything else - but if they're getting hard to come by for new fans, they should obviously be reissued.

Talk about a loaded post, I didn't participate.

Was Cowboys still in print after that big John Wayne box-set was released? Maybe that's why the OST is out of print.

I thought the box-set did not have The Cowboys?

I think Cowboys has actually been out of print for a few years. I think it was OOP before that boxset was announced.

I think so too. I remember finally getting my copy a few years ago from Amazon.com, and had to wait a few months until they got hold of a copy for me. So I assumed it was practically out of print then already.

If this is true... then I hope Hook, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Episodes 1-3, HP2, etc all go out of print.

Now.

I want Episode III also to finally be available in 2-Disc DSD sound as well. These are the kind of scores that should have been released in double disc form in the first place. Who wouldn't have wanted them?

Can't you still get Witches of Eastwick for cheap?

I'm sure that price will only last until Newbury Comics is out of stock. If it was in print the soundtrack specialty stores would still be carrying it

Look up 1941 and The Cowboys on Amazon to compare

My bet is that FSM will do a complete The Cowboys soon (it's from Warner Bros. catalogue).

The Witches of Eastwick complete (with the OST on Disc 2, maybe) sounds like a project more up to LLL's sleeve, as they like to release titles from the '80s and '90s.

The Missouri Breaks will be likely reissued again, probably even more expanded, by one of the labels.