What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Quint how have you not picked up on the fact that he's blind by now, wow

Come again? Why would I? I'm not obliged to read everybody's posts like you are. 

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Because it has come up several times in threads that you tend to visit. 

That

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Because it has come up several times in threads that you tend to visit. Though, like Alex, you sometimes tend to miss the bleedin' obvious.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

That

You two clearly have no idea of the scale of just how many posts I scroll past here at any one time. Both of yours aren't immune to that either, so count this reading lucky. 

I bet every time you open the board you catch up on each thread from the last read position don't you. Half the time I don't even realise there's actual other pages following on after the last post at the bottom of whatever page I'm on. 

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

You two clearly have no idea of the scale of just how many posts I scroll past here at any one time.

I could not care less about how many posts you scroll past mate 

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I bet every time you open the board you catch up on each thread from the last read position don't you. Half the time I don't even realise there's actual other pages following on after the last post at the bottom of whatever page I'm on. 

Play nicely, Draco.

17 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Of course I click on the icon that brings me to the first post in a thread I that haven't read yet.  Why would anyone want to go to any other place in a thread?

3 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

Incorrect. They're just pretending to understand it so they can look like one of the smartypants kids.

Serenity is not a complicated film at all, though.  Were you drinking when you watched it?

Just now, Jay said:

Serenity is not a complicated film at all, though.  Were you drinking when you watched it?

It's not that it's complicated, it's just too vague. Summer Glau escapes from some space prison but she was never captured at the end of the series, so there's nothing to really bridge the show and film. Then the crew hops from planet to planet for some reason that's never made clear. It's one of Joss Whedon's haziest scripts where the plot fogs up behind all the action. Which is weird because the TV show was really clear and well written.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why would anyone want to go to any other place in a thread?

Keeps it exciting in these times of discussion austerity. 

The film is kind of like the second season the show never got, or maybe more like the 4th/5th season the show never got and we don't see depicted what happened between season 1 and it

4 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

It's not that it's complicated, it's just too vague. Summer Glau escapes from some space prison but she was never captured at the end of the series, so there's nothing to really bridge the show and film.

From what I remember of SERENITY, that is a flashback, observed from security footage. It took place pre-FIREFLY.

That's right.  It's not like she gets captured in between the show and the movie, its just flashback stuff to enrich the current plot with backstory

Like I said, vague script.

Firefly/Serenity is sort of a cult where members are under some collective delusion that the franchise is flawless, and perfectly comprehensible. So anyone who dissents against that status quo risks severe social exclusion!

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Perhaps that's what he didnt understand?

He literally just wrote a paragraph above about what he didn't understan

3 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

Like I said, vague script.

Firefly/Serenity is sort of a cult where members are under some collective delusion that the franchise is flawless, and perfectly comprehensible. So anyone who dissents against that status quo risks severe social exclusion!

I'm not a huge Firely/Serenity guy; I saw each one time and liked them, I don't really know anybody who is super into the show or anything like that.

I simply watched the movie in the theater and was never confused >shrug<

The whole bad guy plot never made sense to me. Then there was some virus on some planet that killed everyone, which was really left field. Then there's supposedly something special about Summer Glau (and pervy shots where her feet are ever prominent), but it never really goes anywhere. Whatever Joss was trying to do with this one, it missed the mark, but everyone gave it a thumbs up anyway. For some reason.

General consensus about SERENITY, is that it's the best STAR WARS film never made.

Having a series that was axed halfway through its first season, certainly adds to the "mystique" that surrounds it. Who knows; it might have lasted six seasons, and gotten old very quickly. It didn't, however, and we're left with a tantalizing glimpse of what could have been.