What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

9 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Watching Pearl Harbour. Must have been 12 the last time I saw this. Attack of the Clones has Oscar worthy dialogue in comparison. This is some awful, awful stuff. 

It looks pretty though!

Either Bay is stupid or he thinks the audience is stupid (you know, just like Ridley Scott does).

I never said it was. Did you read the words

"I think that PEARL HARBOR is an intelligent movie", posted by me? If you did, I'd very much like you to show me where (I warn you, you'll spend a long time searching!)?

Personally, PEARL HARBOR is a travesty, and and insult, on multiple levels. When I saw it, it left such a bad taste in my mouth, I needed to go right back into the multiplex that I'd just walked out of, and watch another film...which I did.

I mention the bombing sequence, because it's the only remotely interesting thing about the film.

43 minutes ago, Richard said:

I never said it was.

But you implied it, Richard. 

A: "It's a stupid movie."

R: "Oh, really? The bombing scene is exactly the length of the real bombing, man!!! How about them apples, huh?!"

I can honestly say, with hand on heart, that I never meant to state, nor imply, that PH is, in any way, an intelligent film. I do not, however, have any control over how people choose to interpret my posts. I know what I mean. If posters wish to interpret my posts another way, that is, of course, entirely up to them. That is their choice, and that is their...their...their misunderstanding.

His post came right after mine. If he was replying to someone else, well, then he should have used quotes. But since he didn't use quotes, it was only natural that I interpreted Richard's praising the way I did.

Omg who gives a fuck Alex you sad cunt get a life! 

33 minutes ago, Richard said:

I can honestly say, with hand on heart, that I never meant to state, nor imply, that PH is, in any way, an intelligent film. I do not, however, have any control over how people choose to interpret my posts. I know what I mean. If posters wish to interpret my posts another way, that is, of course, entirely up to them. That is their choice, and that is their...their...their misunderstanding.

Holy sheesus! 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Richard was stating a fact, he didnt praise anything.

Often people will state facts to defend their case (or that what they love).

Person A: "Either the director is stupid or he thinks the audience is stupid." 

Person B: "Oh really? It's Einstein's favorite movie."

Person B was merely stating a fact.

6 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

Alex thinks I hate letterbox bars, therefore I hate widescreen movies.

:conf:

If it's true for ET&Elliot, it's true for you too. 

BTW, you hate black bars, not the movies that have them (duh).

Again! I don't hate the bars, I just don't fixate on them and I don't think they alone make a film look more cinematic (sometimes poor attempts at making a 16:9 video look more cinematic by matting it with artificial black bars results in awkwardly tight images with foreheads cut off). They're just a byproduct of having to fit a wider image inside a fixed frame.

25 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

Again! I don't hate the bars ... They're just a byproduct 

So if they don't add anything to a viewing experience, would you rather not have them? At least, without black bars, the image looks bigger. Can you honestly say that it's all the same to you?

BTW, a few weeks ago you said that they don't make a film more cinematic. Now you're saying black bars alone is not enough to make a movie more cinematic. Does that mean that they do can make a movie look more cinematic?

23 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Now you're saying black bars alone is not enough to make a movie more cinematic.

Huh?

By the way, you're talking to a guy who bought an anamorphic lens mount, but I don't use it just for teh black bars. I use it to get a wider image with those distinct distortions like lens flares, oval bokeh and CinemaScope mumps. I just ignore the black bars.

I bet if you bought a 21:9 TV and watched a 2.35:1 movie, you'd complain it looks too TVish.

What lens was that again, Drax?

14 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

I bet if you bought a 21:9 TV and watched a 2.35:1 movie, you'd complain it looks too TVish.

I don't want a 21:9 TV. What if I want to watch a classic 4:3 movie?

LOTR 1. Long have I desired to watch this motion picture in surround sound and this afternoon, the opportunity arose as my companions have temporarily left the residence in which we usually dwell. Surprisingly, it took the film nearly an entire hour before the rear channels were used to their full extent. Also, why on earth did they have to remove that PAL speed-up? For one thing, I like the semi-tone difference, and for another, the soundtrack is now full of 'hiccups'. One does not simply defile Howard Shore's score like that. 'Tis a foul and evil thing to do. And is it me, or were these end credits suites a totally wasted opportunity?