Terminator Genisys

MSM

I wonder who'll they'll bring in to compose this. I honestly wouldn't mind Danny Elfman returning. His work on Terminator Salvation is miles better than Brad Fiedel's awkward and dated score.

It'll probably be Brian Tyler though...

Fiedel's work is perfect for the first two movies. The banging metal sounds lent the film something special.

I think Elfman would be ideal, but I'd agree that Tyler is more likely. Shame, as I find him one of the more generic A-listers.

That could be an interesting story thread if done right. A machine programmed to terminate but given a progressive thinking brain, living among humans. Becoming more human than machine.

Well the rumors were right, the new movie features an aged Arnold because in the timeline of the new film

Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/10/29/first-look-at-stars-of-terminator-genisys-reveals-major-twist/

This is laughable!

Also, new EW covers

terminator1.jpgterminator2.jpg

I reserve judgment until I see the film. I'm not going to base my opinion off one part of the plot. Otherwise, TPM would have been awesome on the strength of the final duel :P

Even the endo looks a little funny.

Maybe that's because he's got Arnie's teeth back instead of the baby teeth they put on him. But they appear to have updated the design slightly anyway.

Ugh! Those covers and that plot synopsis are laughable indeed, but I'm not surprised this is looking like a joke. And Jai Courtney looks like he's doing his best Arnold impression even though he's playing Kyle Reese not the T-800. Speaking of T-800 surprised Arnold didn't get a cover. Might as well. A cover with an aging terminator can't be any less comical than the two posted above.

I do hope they go into the reasoning behind the change in events in this film, though. There's supposed to be a TV series coming that follows the original film but deviates at a crucial point, before leading up to Genisys. I wouldn't wait on that to explain things, but they need to remember that nobody wants a whole load of exposition slipped in at an inappropriate moment.

Wow! Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. It does. If only those EW photos were just actors doing cosplay based on Terminator characters (b/c that what it looks like anyway), but unfortunately it isn't.

Why are they shooting at the ground?

That 'Sarah Connor babysat by Terminator' plotline sounds shit. Ugh, it's looking like Matt Smith may have made a similar mistake to Bale when he signed up for Salvation.

• 2 weeks later...

Still sounds so much better than 4. 4 proved once and for all the Bale isn't the actor some think.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard a Christophe Beck score I liked, not that I've listened to any outside the film.

Film looks terrible, but has a good cast.