Star Trek: The Original Series 15 CD Box Set coming from La-La Land Records Dec 4th 2012

Jay

I love Star Trek(doesn't need a qualifier) better than probably anyone here, but I'll pass on this.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

La-La Land Records will officially release the 15-CD "STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION" on Dec 4th at 1pm (PST) on our website

www.lalalandrecords.com

As announced previously, the set will be limited to 6000 Units and will be priced at $224.98

The set contains 636 tracks of astounding TREK music. With a running time of 17 hours, 18 minutes and 17 seconds.

Stay tuned for more information about this release - and for details on a special release event to be held at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA on Dec 3rd!

MailerPixStarTrek.jpg

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

From email.

Holy moly, 636 tracks. That'll be a big tagging party.

Yes, but it's only one more disc and just over one more hour of music. That just means there are a bigger number of shorter tracks on this TOS box set, even taking into account the snippet tracks on Jones' videogame discs.

Some time early next week we will have up a link on our website to get your FREE TICKET(S) to the December 3rd event. Yes, the event at the Egyptian will be FREE. We'll be doing a screening, have some fantastic guests, as well as awesome t shirt, bag and tribble giveaways...not to mention free popcorn and drinks for you and the kids.

MV

The didn't push back anything. Black Friday was only the announcement date, never the day they would begin accepting orders (Obviously, they are closed for Thanksgiving and Black Friday)

Looks like tickets for the Star Trek TOS event at the Egyptian will be available in a little over an hour

11 am pst today ...the out of this world party begins. Make sure you get your ticket.

:)

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151330098188755

LA-LA LAND RECORDS INVITES YOU TO JOIN US FOR THE STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION CELEBRATION!

Dec 3, 2012, 7:30pm at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA

Admission to this event is FREE!

Join La-La Land Records as it marks its 10th anniversary with the release of the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA on Dec 3rd, 2012, at 7:30pm.

TREKTOS.jpg

We will celebrate with two classic TREK episodes, MIRROR, MIRROR and AMOK TIME on the BIG screen courtesy of CBS, followed by a special discussion with original series composer Gerald Fried and writer David Gerrold, hosted by Trek music writer and TOS soundtrack set co-producer Jeff Bond.

The event is free of charge and all attendees will get a complimentary small popcorn and soda! There will also be a T-shirt giveaway and more!

Additionally, the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION will be available for purchase at the event, a day ahead of its official Dec. 4th release! RETAIL PRICE: $225.00 (tax included).

Go to www.lalalandrecords.com now to get your free tickets and we’ll see you at the big show!

In updated news regarding the set itself – while a 100-page booklet was originally announced as part of the set, to best present the project’s liner notes in the most informative, manageable and appealing manner possible, it was determined to divide the notes into a 24 page overview booklet, supplemented by three individual season-specific 33-page booklets (each of which will be housed within its corresponding clamshell case).

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Source: La-La Land email or http://filmscoremont...mID=1&archive=0 or https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151330186818755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1&theater

http://lalaland-ent.com/LLL/Events.php

Oh and here's a huge version of the artwork: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/51695_10151330186818755_1983406341_o.jpg

the set will be limited to 6000 Units and will be priced at $224.98

It truly looks like a superb collection of music, but realistically, would they not sell more if they were sold in sections rather than in one mega box as a one off mega shell out of cash? I know they will always have guaranteed sales of it both from enthusiasts and scalpers who will buy several of these sets then store them in an cupboard unopened for years in order to extract the maximum blood out of true enthusiasts later on on Ebay or similar, but I would have preferred to have bought bits and pieces from the collection. I'm sorry but the sheer price of that turns me off. I would have preferred to have bought them slowly in 'seasons' perhaps, if the opportunity had been there. I don't want to shell out effectively $225 + shipping. It has become more like window shopping, a luxury that few will put before more realistic expenditures.

I would have preferred to have bought them slowly in 'seasons' perhaps.

WHat about the fourth collection the Extra stuff?

IMHO, the completeness of the set is a major selling point.

If it were split into seasons, it would garner complaints about paying too much for the previously unheard material, and if it was sold as a 4th set, then nobody would get it.

They have to pay Paramount/CBS the same cash net for the whole lot, and this allows for far more creative options for presenting the score, and the luxury of being more comprehensive.

I fail to understand why anyone would want to own some of the seasons instead of all of them. Also, if each season was released six months apart, for example, would you buy them as they were released -- which requires separate shipping investments for each package -- or wait until all were released to make your order, which defeats the purpose of buying them in increments?

$225+shipping at once is basically the same investment as $225/3 + shipping every six months over eighteen months. It's probably less actually, taking interest into account, since your money will devalue over time, even though the price of each volume would not increase over time, assuming of course that the material was actually split into even thirds for the seasons. Until we get tracklists to ensure five discs per season, we can't "know."

Personally, the fact that the entire series comes out in one complete set all at once is very attractive. Sure, it's massively expensive, like any of the FSM boxes, but the cost is proportion to the exclusivity and time delay of the material. On the other hand, if this would be like any of the irregularly released soundtrack volumes like Intrada's Battlestar Galactica, La La Land's Star Trek TNG (and DS9, someday), X-Files, and Batman: TAS, when you don't really know when the next installment will be released to budget accordingly...I would not like it as much.

On the third hand -- gimme five -- no matter which position is taken, I will find ways to advocate the devil.

OK any clues what the other three releases might be?

Karol

MV has posted absolutely nothing about them, no. He never does for Black Friday titles.

Karol

I'm hoping for some Kamen, Robin Hood to be exact.

You're welcome to it. I have never been able to listen to the complete OST beginning to end.

Karol

MV has posted absolutely nothing about them, no. He never does for Black Friday titles.

They will probably will be announced in about a week anyway, right?

Karol

I'm hoping for some Kamen, Robin Hood to be exact.

More Kamen is always a good thing. Years ago I failed to give this composer much credit, but over the years he's become one of the most listened to.

Karol - who hopes one title is among those

They will probably will be announced in about a week anyway, right?

They will be announced on Black Friday....

Nope. The Black Friday titles are announced on Black Friday, and go up for sale either the Tuesday after, or a week from the Tuesday after. This year they go up for sale on Tuesday Dec 4th.

SEASON 1, DISC 1

The Cage

Music Composed and Conducted by Alexander Courage

Episode #1, Recorded 1/21/65

1. Main Title* M10 1:00

2. Dr. Bartender M11 1:23

3. Survivors M21 1:45

4. Prime Specimen/Bottled M22–30/M31 5:08

5. Probing/Monster Illusion/Monster Fight/The Kibitzers M41/M42/M43/M44 5:40

6. Long Look/Vina’s Punishment M45/M51 2:02

7. Pike’s Punishment M52 0:36

8. The Picnic M53 2:17

9. True Love M61 1:24

10. Vina’s Dance M62 1:56

11. Torchy Girl/Under the Spell/Primitive Thoughts M63/M71/M72 1:10

12. Wrong Think M73 0:43

13. To Catch a T. M74 1:24

14. Going Up M75 1:10

15. Max’s Factor M81 2:12

16. Who Was Eve? & End Credits* M82 1:32

Total Time: 32:01

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry

Where No Man Has Gone Before

Music Composed and Conducted by Alexander Courage

Episode #2, Recorded 11/29/65

Aired #3, 9/22/66

17. Beyond the Pale (No Man Before)/Main Title M11/M12 1:06

18. Act 1 Card M13 0:37

19. Episode Titles M14 1:23

20. Force Field/Silver Orbs (Zooms Past) M15–20/M21 4:06

21. Crippled Ship M22 0:56

22. The Patient/Speedy Reader M23/M24 1:49

23. Some Corpse M31 2:21

24. Decision/Playtime/Megalomania/Stronger and Stronger/Hit the Button M32/M41/M42/M43/M44 3:03

25. On Delta Vega/Strangle by Wire M51/M52 1:14

26. When Your Eyes Have Turned to Silver M53 1:01

27. Instant Paradise M54 2:56

28. Power Mad/Situation Grave/Epilogue M61/M62/M63 6:09

29. End Title M64 0:23

30. End Credits M65 0:21

Total Time: 27:58

Total Disc Time: 60:06

http://filmscoremont...12&r=609#bottom

I don't have a Mrs. Not yet. I don't trust Santa's elves being competent at making this box set for me at their North Pole factory, which probably outsourced to Taiwan or Pakistan years ago.

I've gotten the Mrs. To get me box sets before as a Christmas gift. Maybe I'll send the link to her for the box set.

That's what I will be doing.