Howard Shore's An Unexpected Journey (Hobbit Part 1)

Jay

Something about some music for some film...

Karol

And something about reading some book and like it...

Yeah and something about collaborating with some people...

He had that big Bee Song (Busy Buzzing in the Bee Hive) for Beorn's house and a revamp of the Itsy Bitsy Spider song for Mirkwood plus a great Wood Elven song Stumped on a Tree Stump for Thranduil.

I hope these songs become an internet craze with millions of cover versions for ocarina and nose flute etc. and that fans of Plan 9 will be really disappointed to find out that the central theme of the sequel films is actually a source cue by Howard Shore. Think of the rage and indignation and firestorm this is going to brew.

If it hasn't been mentioned already in this thread, the latest production diary (http://www.bleedingc..._medium=twitter) has a section on the music (a couple of minutes from the end). It's got a kick-ass rendition of Plan 9 which I hope will be on the SE (i.e., not a pickup).

The production diary was mentioned in the film thread but there is indeed a glimpse of Howard Shore and LPO recording at Abbey Road.

Let this new Over the Misty Mountains Cold theme be referred as Plan 9 from now on. :P

If it hasn't been mentioned already in this thread, the latest production diary (http://www.bleedingc..._medium=twitter) has a section on the music (a couple of minutes from the end). It's got a kick-ass rendition of Plan 9 which I hope will be on the SE (i.e., not a pickup).

Have you heard the the regular OST via stream and can you confirm it's not on it?

Some people say it's the same rendition as the one heard in the trailer.

That could be because the trailer rendition is used almost note for note in "Over Hill".

Didn't Mikko say, way back when the trailer was released, that it sounded like some crap Remote Control music? :D

Have you heard the the regular OST via stream and can you confirm it's not on it?

It's not on the album

Karol

Yeah! I was the only one who sensed it was no Shore theme!

Ya...instead you thought it was all some synth driven generic trailer music from guys like "Two Steps from Hell"....

It sounded like a Shore theme then, still sounds like one now (the orchestral versions that is).

Some people say it's the same rendition as the one heard in the trailer.

That could be because the trailer rendition is used almost note for note in "Over Hill".

Didn't Mikko say, way back when the trailer was released, that it sounded like some crap Remote Control music? :D

How dare you sir! How dare you accuse me of such lack of judgement! I am befuddled but not completely deaf yet. The second trailer contained RCP styled music of which I complained. I never bashed the original trailer's music, which used the Over the Misty Mountains Cold song (or as we now call it Plan 9) and Shore's themes.

It's not on the album

Karol

I for one am pretty sure the rendition heard on the Production Diary video is on the soundtrack album. Although I have heard it only 1½ times. ;)

It starts very much like The World Is Ahead rendition, but on the soundtrack album the strings take over, whereas here it is played by the brass all the way through. Alternate, perhaps?

Karol

A FYC promo would have to contain the film versions of everything though, wouldn't it?

If we can get a War Horse disc full of film versions (and this is certain of being touted heavily for consideration) then we should see a least a regular edition equivalent with all of the revised cues.

Well, the one thing I'm pretty sure about is that you need not to worry about getting more The Hobbit music.

Karol

True. There is no doubt more music is coming. The only question is sooner or later.

Yes. The score will mostly consist of different versions of that cue: a sped up version, a slowed down version, a guitar version...

Neil Finn will return to help Plan 9 to score the sequels. He'll be in charge of adding folksy grunting into the music.

Could be that it's not Shore's, it's very hard to tell from these two seconds.

I think its the briefest snippet of "Radagast the Brown".

How will Howard Shore get through DOS without Plan 9?

Obviously Plan 9 will be scoring DOS solo. And maybe as Incanus said, Neil Finn will help out too.

The standard edition of The Hobbit OST is now $13.99 on Amazon

The Special Edition is now $20.00

If you want to buy mp3s instead of a phyiscal CD, the standard edition will be $13.98

The Special Edition will be $17.98

The standard edition of The Hobbit OST is now $13.99 on Amazon

If you want to buy mp3s instead of a phyiscal CD, the standard edition will be $13.98

yes, who needs a jewel case, Lossless music and liner notes when one can spare 1 cent.!