Star Trek Beyond (2016 Justin Lin) - The Big Bad Star Trek (X)III Thread

BLUMENKOHL

Cuarón/JNH

Not so sure about the former, but there's just no one who comes to mind that could really capture the right spirit based on anything they've done so far. JNH though I think would work wonders.

Also I'd say that the entirety of Lost is superior to any of Tyler's efforts.

Cuarón/JNH

Not so sure about the former, but there's just no one who comes to mind that could really capture the right spirit based on anything they've done so far. JNH though I think would work wonders.

Also I'd say that the entirety of Lost is superior to any of Tyler's efforts.

I can see that argument. I admire Lost on a technical level but I don't find the rambling low-end piano strikes/jungle percussion passages very interesting. The dramatic sections fair much better but even those can sound samey due to the contrived chord structure that Giacchino always uses.

I'd love to see a JNH Star Trek score. He might be my favorite fully active composer. His score for Maleficent might be my favorite of 2014.

I'm surprised nobody's suggesting the obvious given where we are. I would say it would certainly be interesting to see a JW Star Trek score.

Having not seen any of the Fast and Furious films, I can't say for certain whether Lin will be a good fit or not, though there is no denying he seems to have brought that franchise back from the brink.

A JW ST score is just as likely as a JW James Bond score.

Ten years ago, that would have been cool. Now I'd just as rather he simply focus his creative efforts into Star Wars scores that don't suck, and I'll be happy.

All I got from University was watch what you say around non-white people or they might go berserk. Before that, I had no concept of race and prejudice and all that crap since I grew up in a very mixed suburb and attended a very multicultural school. Isn't that what educators want or is their goal to stir up more division in future generations?

It's true that a looot of African people loooove chicken, and are very often late.

I also love chicken, and I am almost always late. It's a game I play, to see how late I can leave before hurrying up to make it, and to exert power over anyone who is forced to wait for me. But I'm no more African than any other white skinned person who originally hails from the Olduvai region.

I got Season 7 of TNG. There are several episodes of that season superior to Star Trek 09, Darkness, and most likely #13.

I get more entertainment from Brent Spiner and Gates McFadden's freaky ass performances in those episodes than watching a bunch of 20-something metrosexuals running around with guns and lens flares.

• 2 weeks later...