Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

Grey, at what time tomorrow will you have listened to the extra tracks and posted a correct chronological order?

Any change you can do that before 14:00 central European time?

Thanks.

LOL depends on when I get my hands on them. Not sure when the download code is supposed to go out.

Maybe this?

01 Dreaming of the Crash 3:55

02 Cornfield Chase 2:06

18 Flying Drone 1:53

03 Dust 5:41

05 Stay 6:52

06 Message From Home 1:40

07 The Wormhole 1:30

19 Atmospheric Entry 1:40

08 Mountains 3:39

09 Afraid of Time 2:32

20 No Need To Come Back 4:32

10 A Place Among the Stars 3:27

11 Running Out 1:57

12 I'm Going Home 5:48

13 Coward 8:26

21 Imperfect Lock 6:54

14 Detach 6:42

15 S.T.A.Y. 6:23

22 What Happens Now? 2:26

16 Where We're Going 7:41

BONUS TRACKS

04 Day One 3:19

DL Day One Dark 6:57

17 First Step 1:47

23 Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night 1:39

That looks quite right to me Jay, although parts of Day One are used in the NASA sequence, and Atmospheric Entry should be between The Wormhole and Mountains. Though with the way most cues flow into each other it may be best to leave some things out of their chronological spots.

Right, but if Day One is INDEED Hans' early demo, then it's possible the bits in the movie that sound like it are actually new original film cues that draw heavily from that old demo - or the demo was TRACKED into the film there. Doesn't mean the theme suite should be chronologically placed there.

Of course, if Day One is the film cue of the NASA stuff, then it's already chronologically placed right!

So... want to hear something familiar? Check out 7:00!

Alan Parsons should be much more interested than Wagner. ;)

Wow!

10 A Place Among the Stars 3:27

11 Running Out 1:57

20 No Need To Come Back 4:32

switch this one back up two spaces, Its clearly played first before the other 2 tracks as the final part fits with the introduction of the ice planet

Well, if indeed we are missing the docking sequence, you could always to the bootleg version:

Personally, that's one of the blander cues for me. I'm waiting on something else.

2:45 onwards is one of the pieces what I wanted. The main theme on piano:

And you can hear "Eureka!" more clearly there Jay ;)

Yeah that was the other odd exclusion, since S.T.A.Y. deliberately ends before it gets to that part

personally I also wish for that brief but powerful introduction to the Tesseract

Eh sorry, figured after more than a week of the film being out I could say stuff in the score discussion thread....

2:45 onwards is one of the pieces what I wanted. The main theme on piano:

And you can hear "Eureka!" more clearly there Jay ;)

Yes I would really like this as well. That's one of the most poignant, uplifting bits of music/film I've experienced in a long time.

Eh sorry, figured after more than a week of the film being out I could say stuff in the score discussion thread....

NO NO NO NO NO!

I edited your post.

Yeah that was the other odd exclusion, since S.T.A.Y. deliberately ends before it gets to that part

personally I also wish for that brief but powerful introduction to the Tesseract

Right? Would have helped make the father-daughter material seem a bit less monotonous and stagnant on album.

Ha! My two favourite missing cues.

http://youtu.be/6wvOT9_4tjo

http://youtu.be/NSBxali8rCo

Karol

They sound like leftover cues from what we've heard on album already.

Though the end of Imperfect Lock sounds kind of neat.

I like "What Happens Now?".

Scan of the booklet, courtesy of antovolk at NF. Really annoyed that it's going to be 8-10 weeks before I physically own this. Fuckin' WaterTower!

https://vk.com/doc106510666_342644900?hash=cba4b63ca41a9fd9d3&dl=400f1cd7323a45381d

Scan of the booklet, courtesy of antovolk at NF. Really annoyed that it's going to be 8-10 weeks before I physically own this. Fuckin' WaterTower!

https://vk.com/doc106510666_342644900?hash=cba4b63ca41a9fd9d3&dl=400f1cd7323a45381d

Antovolk is also a member here.

So... want to hear something familiar? Check out 7:00!

Alan Parsons should be much more interested than Wagner. ;)

Wow!

How did I know that a bit of Zimmer accusation would bring you out of the shadows? Want to discuss all of Williams' "homages" as well? :lol:

Shall you call the police, or I?

Umm, because it's obvious plagiarism that you'll immediately defend as genius or homage. But whatever. This does make it less likely that Zimmer will get an oscar nomination since so much of the music is based on someone elses's pre-existing material. Grey do you know anyone who worked for Zimmer and described to you what that was like? We should probably focus more on the merits of the film and not Zimmer as an asshole.

I do know people. I also know that you know people. And that your opinion of him is colored by what you've heard. But remember that everyone has an angle, and even when it agrees with your preconceptions, it may not be truth. I've heard things about a composer I know you're close with, who you hold in high regard, but I wouldn't let that inform my opinion of him, having never dealt with him myself. But now this is a bit more than I think should be said, publicly or privately.

And I'm still waiting to hear if you want to tackle some Williams plagiarisms, some of which are far more egregious than any of Zimmer's that you've mentioned.

Well, if indeed we are missing the docking sequence, you could always to the bootleg version:

Personally, that's one of the blander cues for me. I'm waiting on something else.

I definitely prefer that to 'Morse Code' - at least there's a slight progression to the piece (with the counter-ostinato in Em at 1:50), rather than the same boringass FMaj7->Em/G->Am->Em7/G chord progression ad infinitum.

I agree, but I like the piano performance. It adds a different colour to what we have on album. I'm already kind of sick of the chord progression you listed repeated ad nauseum in the album in the same way, with the same organ lines (identical really) in so many cues. At least this piano piece, with it's slightly Glass-like quality is a different medium to hear the material.

Heck a variation of that progression even pops up at 2:27, in his prog-rock style.

I don't mind this cue, but we've heard it in Day One Dark and Coward already, so I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about it.

Ultimately this brings us to this score's greatest failing, the lack of any serious variation. A lot of great cool ideas, but with a lack of novel presentations.

It's a nice progression (heck I've used a similar one to elicit similar emotions in a short film before - NOT that I'd compare myself to Zimmer of course, just pointing out that I like the progression), but its effect gets watered down once it gets repeated so much.

Besides, TTRL does what interstellar tries to do there with superior execution.

Besides, TTRL does what interstellar tries to do there with superior execution.

Doesnt that have multiple composers like Powell though?

Multiple composers... what a hack. And the man is SO rude to his employees! No wonder he only produces the musical equivalent of stale coffee. If only he knew how to properly rip off existing music like John Williams.