Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

It was too obscure, unlike Supes or the Bat.

And it didnt have Robert Downey Jr.

because it was not very good. there was no appeal at all. it's purely fanboy material, but not one character is engaging enough to require a 2nd viewing.

Ssshhhh, be careful Joey it's an intellectual superhero film......

Of course its hard to take superheroes that look like they stepped out of a MAD / CRACKED Magazine seriously.

I think it was discussed a few pages back, but hey, what the heck!

Bryan Cranston Reportedly Cast as Lex Luthor in Man of Steel Sequel

EDIT: Yeah, Quint posted a link to an article suggesting that as well.

Okay maybe now I'm into this movie all of a sudden.

To non Breaking Bad guys: this is brilliant casting!

I hate to crash this excitement, BUT the "source" E! cites in that 'breaking scoop' is Cosmic Book News. That site spews nothing but bullshit, guesswork and conjecture. I can NOT stress that enough -- they do not have credit, and none of their so-called scoops turned out true.

If Bryan Cranston was cast in that film, it'll be all over the actual Hollywood trades like Deadline, Variety, and Hollywood Reporter. The fact they're not reporting it is because... no one's been cast.

The current official casting for have been Ben Affleck and majority of returning principals from Man of Steel like Cavill, Fishburne, Adams, and Lane. That's it so far. Nobody's been cast as Lex Luthor or any other characters.

I've read the rumors as well. It was between Cranstron and another actor whose name I forgot. Even though Cranston is a pretty obvious choice for the role of Luthor, he's too much Walter White for me. Yes, TV series can do that.

Alex

It's no different to Jack Nicholson being Jack, or Al Pachino being Al. It's an accepted distraction, an agreeable sideshow. If it does go ahead with Cranston I'll feel sorry for his missus, because she apparently really isn't a fan of his bald look.

I remember the phenomenon (of TV actors trying to make it in film), not the names. However, I'm not surprised that it's happening more and more these days. TV has become the major platform and breeding ground for actors. Henry Cavill is a TV actor too. Michael Shannon is THE 'villain' of Boardwalk Empire.

Alex

Caruso is definitely one of them. Aaron Paul (Jesse in BB) will try to make it too in Hollywood. I wonder if he will succeed. If I was him, I would stick to TV shows. What is he going to do in Hollywood? Become some kinda action star? Please! TV is where it's at, people!

Does Scott still have one good movie in him? I don't think so. He should retire to the South Of France!

Yeah, he should do that. Maybe he could do a movie about wine there. Hahahaha! Can you imagine how stupid that would be?

ROTFLMAO

Does Scott still have one good movie in him? I don't think so. He should retire to the South Of France!

Yeah, he should do that. Maybe he could do a movie about wine there. Hahahaha! Can you imagine how stupid that would be?

Actually, James Cameron told Ridley he should stop doing that.

Goodbye Chicago, hello Detroit. The film will shoot throughout Michigan, as well as metro Detroit, early next year.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178981-supermanbatman-movie-to-film-in-michigan

I'm surprised they didn't pursue states with more robust incentives, like Georgia or New Mexico.

They obviously cannot bring what Snyder thinks he needs for the film.

Also, arent those Southern states? I can't really picture either Metropolis or Gotham as being Southern.

It didn't stop Marvel from filming Iron Man 3, set in California, in a Southern state (North Carolina).

Production incentives and money talk more than just city architecture and location.

Also it's clear Warner and DC are not Marvel.

Warner/DC: Here's another Batman regurgitation with very dramatic villains that we pretend are not ridiculous. We're not making a Wonder Woman film because we don't know what to do with it.

Marvel: Here's a walking tree and a raccoon with a machinegun. Deal with it.

Snyder defends MoS mass destruction

I saw this, what Snyder was attempting to realise. The destruction and implied massacre of civilians during the climatic fight scenes was always intended to be exaggerated and far-fetched. A caricature of city block destruction. It's not real, it's a comic.

Hyperrealism

I don't however think that Snyder was completely successful (audiovisual bombardment becomes an issue and pacing suffers), but I do still appreciate what he was trying do, it was still worthwhile. Those scenes didn't for me feel like bland wanton destruction ie Michael Bay. I think that Snyder, with the assistance of his composer, conveyed something more hefty and tangible.

My belief is that a great portion of the audience for these sorts of movies expect very literal, clearly defined and realistic experiences. Something which exists outside of those Nolanesque conventions, those real-world boundaries; it becomes difficult to swallow, to accept. Certain parts of the mainstream reject what they're seeing. Attempts at visual artistry in big budget blockbusters is a big no no with, I think, significant parts of the audience. Snyder took a risk.

What is everyone's thoughts about Nolan executive producing Man of Steel 2 but not writing?? Or is he not even producing the film?

I'm fine with it. He and his wife have their names on the film and get paid for doing nothing.

As for why, they're busy with Interstellar, and they're letting Zack Snyder take full reigns for the sequel. Or their producer pact had their involvement contracted for a follow-up, no matter what the film ended up being.