Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one's made a "Khal Drogo and Ronon's lovechild" joke.

I think Zack Snyder and the costume designer went overboard in trying to make Aquaman badass.

Wait, there'll be SEVEN superheroes in Dawn Of Justice now? WTF? I only count five so far: Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg.

Well, there's Ezra Miller's The Flash. I assume they'll feature Green Lantern, but no one's been cast for that one yet.

Amazing how you fail to get the point, even after I made it more literal by changing it to "clichés". "Spandex and capes" is a figure of speech.

Nevermind.

Who is Aquaman? Is he in the Superman sequel? Lol, now off my radar. Not interested.

Because of one minor character?

Because I don't like the direction they've taken with the Superman reboot (I enjoyed the first movie) and because I'm just a bit bored with the spate of superhero ensembles and because the likelihood of Snyder bottling lightening a second time with another ensemble of superheroes is probably zero.

Watchmen is Watchmen. Superman should be quite different in tone imo.

The tone of BvS will be a continuation of MOS and it won't be the typical jokey superhero ensemble movie either (of which you are already tired of).

I liked the tone of MoS for the most part. It's just the inclusion of the DARK Knight and the DARK settings as previewed in the promo material which makes me think they're going for something even more earnest than MoS. At the same time I really wasn't expecting (or wanting) colourful Chris Reeve antics, because they are frozen in time, and as such terribly dated.

I liked the tone of MoS for the most part. It's just the inclusion of the DARK Knight and the DARK settings as previewed in the promo material which makes me think they're going for something even more earnest than MoS. At the same time I really wasn't expecting (or wanting) colourful Chris Reeve antics, because they are frozen in time, and as such terribly dated.

Me and Stefancos thought the Comic Con teaser was actually a return to the hyper-stylized days of 300 and Watchmen, but like I already said to Steef, the photographer Larry Fong (who was the cinematographer of 300 and Watchmen but not MOS) said BvS will be stylistically the same as MOS. They won't change the tone after one movie, which makes sense.

Alex

I think Zack Snyder and the costume designer went overboard in trying to make Aquaman badass.

Well, it avoids spandex and a cape so it's fresh.

It does. After going back to the image, I like how the costume takes on certain Polynesian elements, thanks to Momoa's lineage and the comics inspiring the look. Just hope the colors look more vibrant in the actual film than they do in this image.

Well, it avoids spandex and a cape so it's fresh.

He never wore a cape to begin with.

It's a figure of speech, Joe!

Right. I expect it to be a bad movie. I expect avengers 2 to be a film of excess