Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

The success of Furious 7 bodes well for next year's Batman V Superman's Easter weekend date. The former is on course to set the record with about $150 million, more than twice that of Clash of the Titans ($61 million).

I don't get Hollywood's bafflement whenever a movie makes big money in April. If you release big movies, you'll make big money - regardless of release date.

They just assume that the "big times" are May through July, and late November through December - and film companies perpetuate this by dumping bad movies and non-money-makers in the offseason. But release a new Avengers movie in the middle of January, or a new Star Wars in mid October, and you'll make the same money as if you released them in May and December.

Obviously you are wrong.

A film like GI:Joe 2 made money because is was released in a period when it had nothing significant stacked against it.

Studios plan very carefully.

True. But I'm not talking about bad movies making money, I'm talking about "good" or surefire money makers only being released in half of the calendar year for some reason.

Marvel has been sort of doing that by releasing their films earlier then traditional and making a shitload of cash.

You could release Star Wars in any month and it would make money. But I do think it makes sense that it would make me in certain months.

Fewer people go to the movies in February because the weather sucks and they just had the holidays etc...

Like most websites that deal in movie rumors, they're correct maybe 20% of the time. But they get headlines and they get hits, so they keep posting speculation and fake spoilers.

batman-v-superman-credits-131110.jpg

So Affleck gets top billing over Cavill.

Gal Gadot, who plays Wonder Woman gets credited, but not Jason Momoa, who plays Aquaman. I guess that means Wonder Woman's part is way bigger.

I didn't know, had forgotten Holly Hunter is in this. Is she playing a villain? I have to assume so because otherwise, Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is the only villain credited. Irons is playing Alfred.

Music just says "Hans Zimmer" instead of "Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL" for some reason

batman-v-superman-credits-131110.jpg

So Affleck gets top billing over Cavill.

Gal Gadot, who plays Wonder Woman gets credited, but not Jason Momoa, who plays Aquaman. I guess that means Wonder Woman's part is way bigger.

I didn't know, had forgotten Holly Hunter is in this. Is she playing a villain? I have to assume so because otherwise, Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is the only villain credited. Irons is playing Alfred.

Music just says "Hans Zimmer" instead of "Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL" for some reason

I don't think the credits are fully finalized yet. The main producers don't have their p.g.a. title, for one. Nor is there a "Wonder Woman Created By William Moulton Marston" credit.

Looks like WB changed their tune about their BVS trailer debuting on prints of Mad Max: Fury Road. It will debut in front of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Snyder will unveil a 5 second preview of it on Thursday at 9 a.m. PST/12 p.m. EST. People can then go to a select theater the following Monday, April 20th and see the full trailer.

http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-trailer-coming-this-thursday-avengers-age-of-ultron/

Looks like WB wants to get people's attention on their movie, and not Disney's two behemoths.

This is the movie that will lead to League Of Justice, WB's answer to Avengers. Needless to say, it will tell us a little bit about the origin of the superhero team.

BTW, have I ever mentioned I wasn't crazy about Sucker Punch or Man Of Steel? So it's 'Alexandre' to you! OK?

Alexandre

See Sucker Punch and then tell me if you still have faith in Snyder! Or are you afraid?

Man Of Steef is a decent film!

So is Black Rain I guess.