Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

I thought you meant those two recordings must be used for every film production over a course of a year. That didn't sound very promising. I don't want to know what music will be in every future movie.

Take the same theme, and have it be put to the test by dozens or hundreds of different composers. Different musical styles, many many different permutations.

They did a similar experiment on the box set release of Alex North's Spartacus with many composers doing a variation of the love theme.

Ben Affleck: "Indeed I have regrets about Daredevil. I have regrets about all the movies that I don't think were executed properly. ... Look, if I thought we were remaking Daredevil, I'd be out there picketing myself ... and that goes for other movies as well that I haven't been happy with. You know, I'm hard on myself and I have exacting standards and I want to do excellent work and I don't always succeed, but I think you have to start out with that drive."

"[batman V Superman] was written by Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, who's not a comic guy. And it's directed by Zach Snyder, who's a incredibly magical sort of visual stylist who's steeped in the comic world. And you have this sandwich of talents. I felt very confident about it. ... I thought it would be nice to make one of these movies really, really good."

Conclusion: Affleck thinks they are not making a Daredevil.

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/04/352772313/affleck-gone-girl-was-freeing-and-batman-will-be-no-daredevil

Alex

This isn't Man Of Steel 2, Steef. Chances are it's going to be Snyder unleashed. The Comic Con teaser for BvS was way more stylized than MOS. Of course, we can't tell until we have seen the real trailer ... Teasers are often better than trailers.

I really want to see the trailer, you know, to get a general taste of the style of this movie .... Some folks shouted "Malick" when they saw the teaser/trailer for MOS. Somehow I don't expect this will happen with BvS.

The "look of things" is a very big part of the feeling you get from a movie.The look of Alien or Blade Runner are a very big part of the experience. What I usually don't get from a trailer is writery things like dialog ... The Prometheus trailer was great because there was no dialog.

Oh you mean the look of things. Well yeah. But the *feeling* of the film was totally misrepresented in my experience.

Indeed. The trailers and teasers showed great promise and effectively hid how much of a turd the final film is.

Wonder Woman has had a handful of origin stories - unlike Batman and Superman, there have been reboots and revisions in the comics. The demigod story has been her canon comic book origin for the past few years and presumably for years to come.

This movie will be terrible. More characters than the X men films. By the time they introduce everyone and then Superman murders them it will be over.

I read somewhere that the guy who's playing Cyborg wasn't even told he was getting his own film when they announced it to the public.

Ray Fisher playing Cyborg wasn't announced yesterday... it was months ago. He has a cameo in Batman v. Superman, which was already filmed. He's going to have more time in Justice League: Part 1 and Part 2, as well as his own spinoff film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/319599-wbs-cyborg-ray-fisher-promises-a-hell-of-a-treat-in-store-for-dc-comics-fans

To a degree, I don't understand the negativity surrounding this film. Ben Affleck wouldn't throw away his regained goodwill to do Daredevil 2.0, and it's a given David Goyer is OFF the film. Affleck has been praising Terrio's script for the film... not Goyer, Terrio. Likely Terrio threw out Goyer's draft and started afresh. That bodes well for the film, considering WB got him to write not one, but two Justice League films for them.

Snyder is as good as the scripts he uses. Like a lot of other decent directors.

It's exactly what George Lucas is talking about, folks. Movies are being assembled to comply with the demand and the idée fixe that the world needs more The Avengers type of movies. It's no longer a labour of love.

Cheers!

Alex