Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

It would only be a pity if it's a great movie.

This is actually the original title (the book the movie is based on)

All_You_Need_Is_Kill_zps3b9a71ca.jpg

I like it better.

"Great" is not something I'd toss around. However, Edge of Tomorrow is the most entertaining film I've seen this year. I watched it only by chance and had a blast! And it's a really tough one to pull off as well, because the concept can be really a gimmicky and tiring after a while. But it really works. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 90% and says it's "Gripping, well-acted, funny, and clever".

The title is, as you say, unremarkable.

Karol

Episode VII is going to bomb and Disney is going to abandon the trilogy and spin-offs idea. They will then sell the brand for peanuts on eBay.

Mark my words.

Or ... we'll see newspaper headlines like:

"We Didn't Know Star Wars Could Be That Good!"

"Star Wars Is Back And How!"

"George Lucas: I Now Realize I've Could've Done Better"

See, I like 'The Winter Soldier'

Hans & Gretel: Witch Hunters = bad title = bad movie

Clash Of The Titans = bad title = bad movies

G.I. Joe: Retaliation = bad title = bad movie

See, I like 'The Winter Soldier'

Hans & Gretel: Witch Hunters = bad title = bad movie

I actually like that title, in terms of clarity and directness. Spells out the premise, so you know what you're going into. And it's a fun bad movie, I'll happily watch it over the Z-grade dreck SyFy churns out.

Think I might watch it again later...

But you don't know the origin story behind those. It's like Sting in The Desolation of Smaug, there is a very significant meaning to those bifocals. There is an extended 10-minute IMAX sequence devoted to that.

Karol

I think it's incredibly offensive that Superman/Clark Kent is, OF COURSE, being played by a dashing, well-groomed, Caucasian man. Where is the representation for all of the other types of men out there? This is not ok people, and WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT. We need to embrace all body types, all face types. Men come in all shapes and sizes. It's 2014, WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM? What are YOU doing to help or hinder this disgusting trend in the media which perpetuates one very narrow idea of beauty? When will we see a #fatpositive Superman, or a 4'11 Superman, or a redhead Superman, or an Eskimo Superman? WHEN? So disgusted.

#truebeauty #menarenotobjects #boycottingthismovie