Which is the best post-Star Wars Main Title cue?

Jim Ware

Which is the best post-Star Wars Main Title cue?  

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• Imperial Attack (Star Wars)
    • The Ice Planet Hoth (Empire Strikes Back, original)
    • The Imperial Probe (Empire Strikes Back, revised film version)
    • Death Star Approach (Return of the Jedi)
    • The Arrival At Naboo (Phantom Menace)
    • Ambush On Coruscant (Attack Of The Clones)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Return of the Jedi." It's creepy, it's grand, and it's got the Imperial March. Perfection.

Though I do like the Imperial March on flute in the film version of "Empire."

I'm with Neil. Nothing starts a Star Wars film better than a complex John Williams action cue. Not some boring ol' stuff like TPM. :shakehead:

Justin

I have to vote Imperial Attack. I can't tell you how it took my breath away the first time I saw the movie in the theatre and that music came blasting onto the screen... And the amazing gong hit, just as Darth Vader enters the Rebel Blockade runner, in the pre-imperial march days... So dark, so startling... :shakehead:

I voted For ROTJ, but I was in a bit of a rush and didn't realise that "Imperial Attack" was an option. I must have thought that "Star Wars post-Main title" excluded Star Wars: A New Hope. So if anyone's interested, deduct one vote from ROTJ and add to ANH.

CYPHER - promise to be more attentive next time :shakehead:

Heh, the one area in which Empire loses.  bowdown

Well I don't see how. :shakehead: TESB's opening has some very moving parts. :) I guess ROTJ wins cause everyone goes, wow imperial march. :)

Oooooph, tough call. I picked Jedi, though. I LOVE the way Williams uses the Imperial March, it's so powerful and forboding and evil.

HOWEVER, the ESB opening, both the film and the original versions are awesome too.

I voted For ROTJ, but I was in a bit of a rush and didn't realise that "Imperial Attack" was an option. I must have thought that "Star Wars post-Main title" excluded Star Wars: A New Hope. So if anyone's interested, deduct one vote from ROTJ and add to ANH.
Fortunately votes can't be manipulated. Not even by me

"Shall I prepare the guest room for Mr. Cockup?" :)

Justin

yipee

I chose Imperial Attack because it is a terrific action cue and basically was the very first music heard after the main title text crawl of any Star Wars film (for those of us who have been watching Star Wars for the past quarter of a decade).

My second would probably be "Ambush at Coruscant" from AOTC.

I voted for TPM because it is just the kind of music that I like. Episode ! is probably my favorite SW score, though I only own Eps 1 and 2, and a compilation CD of the first 3. Still, that Trade Federation march (not in oprning, I know) is pretty cool. I just prefer the style of TPM. And I do like the opening to the movie, not just the score in general.

~Conor

I love the Trade Federation March. I wish there was more of a concert version of it, but it's pretty well represented on TPM. The brief appearance in AOTC is wonderful.

Ray Barnsbury

"Shall I prepare the guest room for Mr. Cockup?" ;)

Justin

LOL Yeah, go right ahead Justin. Don't forget the incense... Just for the record though, I wasn't actually implying that the poll results could be physically altered, but rather that anyone truly interested in a definitive result could mentally swap one vote from ROTJ to SW: ANH. :P

CYPHER

As it's been said, it's a MILITARY MARCH. What is it supposed to sound like? A love theme?

I just think you WANT to hate everything about the prequels, Rogue Leader.

As an aside, I truly can't recall a single time you've ever said something positive about ANYTHING.

Overall I like Imperial Attack,but some of the best moments are on ESB,like when the starwars themes and Leia's theme is played followed by the love theme in the base as we follow Han and Leia.Part of that cue isn't in the movie.

K.M.

Love the original opening to TESB... so furious. ROTFLMAO I like it far better than the film version.

Also love ROTJ's opening... and in hindsight, I PROBABLY would have voted for that if I had thought hard enough about it. AWESOME presentation of the Imperial March... so dark, triumphant, and foreboding. :)

Can't go wrong with the original's opening either. Very good.

TPM started slow, but kicked @$$ when the Jedi had to fight there way out of their attempted assasinations.

The least effective so far has been AOTC's opening. Just seems so bland to me.

The least effective so far has been AOTC's opening. Just seems so bland to me.

It's bland,I can't remember it and I saw the movie several times.

K.M.

Well some of you say that ROJ opening is the better for Imperial march and others say it is Rebel blockade runner for its action power... that made me think about how SW EP IV: A New Hope score could be handled I thought about an imperial march like the asteroid field with the original percussion in the background...

Sorry....

:sigh:

My vote goes to ROTJ, it's simply brilliant! Imperial Attack ain't that bad either, of course not ESB either however, first time I ever heard the ESB "follow-up" I started thinking: is this orchestra just adjusting their instruments (you know what I mean...).

...first time I ever heard the ESB "follow-up" I started thinking: is this orchestra just adjusting their instruments (you know what I mean...).

The film version? Ha! I had never thought about it before you said that.. but you are right!

I should note that my thinking is for TESB's album version on the 2 LP set (and polydor CD). The extended film version is good too, but not as impactful as the one that finished off with the Space Slug scene.

If I were to vote again, I would vote for Jedi now. I voted to hastily and didn't think about how great Jedi's opening was until I clicked vote and then went "D'OH!"... :-P

My vote goes to ROTJ, it's simply brilliant! Imperial Attack ain't that bad either, of course not ESB either however, first time I ever heard the ESB "follow-up" I started thinking: is this orchestra just adjusting their instruments (you know what I mean...).

:) :? ;):| That part of TESB is 'simply brilliant'!

ROTFLMAO :? ROTFLMAO:devil: That part of TESB is 'simply brilliant'!

I agree with you Morn, but it is a funny observation.