Remember when I said I'm getting a Firefly/Whedon vibe from this? Well, ...

@nathanfillion has a very small fun cameo he did as a favor to me. - James Gunn via twitter

Alex

I don't get the internet's obsession with Nathan Fillion. To me he'll only ever be the guy who cried in Saving Private Ryan.

He can be funny and I think the Internet obsesses over him out of a sad nostalgic lament for Firefly, and because he acknowledges that he's a nerd, doesn't take himself too seriously, and makes himself accessible to his fans. Though I'm sure if you asked them how many regularly watched Castle, the numbers wouldn't add up.

Fillion has become a cult classic actor, much like Bruce Campbell, but there's nobody else in the Firefly cast that the Internet fawns over as much.

They sure do. All the little kids go ... daddy ... mummy ... look at the sweet raccoon, I wanna see this movie! Boohoo!

He's the Chewie or R2-D2 of the movie ... only cooler. ;)

Parents (who are quite taken with the raccoon poster themselves) don't know that so they order tickets for the whole family based on the little toddler's nagging.

What is this? Another Avengers type thing? With added foxes?

You never come here? The whole movie baths in a Whedon-esque universe and atmosphere. Even Nathan Fillion has a small part in it. This is going to be YOUR movie of the year, Guest2.

Okay I'll watch it in a sec. I think I might have asked about this movie here once before ages ago, but can't remember what was said due to the onset of senility.

Which trailer is the best one at selling it?

Why does Tyler Bates still get work on these huge blockbusters? He has no fan base.

I guess having friends is more important than having talent in Hollywood.

Everything else about the movie looks great though. It's my most anticipated movie this summer.

I don't go to Guardians Of The Galaxy for the music. It's just there. I expect it to be functional and professional. That's all.