Are there now more LotR/Tolkien fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?

Quintus

Are there now more LotR fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are there now more LotR fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?

• Yes, it certainly seems that way. I'm sick of it.
    • No, in reality John Williams talk still dominates the board
    • The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began

There are currently 7 Hobbit/LOTR threads on the first page. That is an improvement from the 12 or 13 as in times past.

You LotR freaks are doing it all wrong. There should be a thread for each individual track on the soundtrack album, and then duplicates should be made for the eventual expanded release. A thread per cue.

That would be fun discussing the specifics of composition plus what we likening don't like about individual tracks!

For some reason JWfan has a very active Tolkien community. Consisting of people who love the books, the films, the score and all kinds of combinations of that. I personally think its great.

Compare the DoS discussion here with that on the FSM forum. It's virtually nonexistent!

Compare the DoS discussion here with that on the FSM forum. It's virtually nonexistent!

Is there any discussion of anything at all at FSM?

There is a lot of discussion on FSM surrounding batching about minor "deficiencies" in score releases have, but very little discussion of actual music these days.

No.

Not in depth discussion like here.

Sure we have our share of silly threads and nonsense. But also some really interesting threads about the music of John Williams that breaks it all down to the tiniest details.

There is a lot of discussion on FSM surrounding batching about minor "deficiencies" in score releases love, but little discussion of actual music these days.

FSM is like a Grand Cafe in the center of own that caters to everyone and serves a very passable, but standard menu of food and drinks. JWFan is like this cozy little bar just off the beaten track...where everybody knows your name ;)

Well, if the votes in this poll are remotely representative of general user feeling here in regards to the LotR question, then it may suggest at least half of the members don't appreciate the fact that LotR dominates the message board's main forum. That's pretty damning.

And all the while the administration stands by, powerless. :)

That big thing year, wasn't it a call for LotR/Tolkien to be moved out of GD? So what did they do? They moved JW out of it instead! Now He has His own subforum (or mini Siberia, as I lovingly think of it). Yes, that's exactly what everyone wanted!

It'll all die down though like you say. In about 2-3 more years, after Hobbit part 3 and the CR come out. It'll fly over!

...it may suggest at least half of the members don't appreciate the fact that LotR dominates the message board's main forum.

Eh? Less than one third of the votes are for the "I'm sick of it" option...

(If I'm missing something obvious, I put it down to the fact that I've had too much beer today.)

...it may suggest at least half of the members don't appreciate the fact that LotR dominates the message board's main forum.

Eh? Less than one third of the votes are for the "I'm sick of it" option...

(If I'm missing something obvious, I put it down to the fact that I've had too much beer today.)

You're missing the experience to know that some people here think their opinions are more meaningful than everyone else's, and should ideally be adapted by everyone.

For some reason JWfan has a very active Tolkien community. Consisting of people who love the books, the films, the score and all kinds of combinations of that. I personally think its great.

Well, the "jungle drums" has brought more people here, as we can see the increasing number of the middle-earth Avatars.

It'll be fast over though, I can't personally remember any music from AUJ not brought from LOTR.

Thorin's theme, Gandalf's theme, Smaug's theme and Bilbo's fussy theme were all brand new themes that stood out and were memorable from my first listen to the AUJ soundtrack stream last year. None of them were in LOTR.

What does that prove? About as much as someone saying they don't remember any new themes. Nothing.

Misty Mountains IS the Company's theme.

And yeah, that's not by Shore, but that's not the point. The point is you said you didn't remember anything from AUJ that wasn't from LOTR, but that's not true.

I said I LIKED it. Back then.

No idea how does it go now. Forgettable should I say...?

Although I like the LOTR movies, I've never connected with them the way so many other people have. It's rather like this Game of Thrones fad that I'm not getting. Well LOTR isn't really a fad because it's been around for donkey's years but it's another medieval fandom that attracts the same weirdos.

Thorin's theme, Gandalf's theme, Smaug's theme and Bilbo's fussy theme were all brand new themes that stood out and were memorable from my first listen to the AUJ soundtrack stream last year. None of them were in LOTR.

DUDE...