Are there now more LotR/Tolkien fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?

Quintus

Are there now more LotR fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are there now more LotR fans in residence at JWFan than there are John Williams fans?

• Yes, it certainly seems that way. I'm sick of it.
    • No, in reality John Williams talk still dominates the board
    • The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began

As opposed to endless Williams music shop talk and microscopic analysis? I'm sure that'll make people rave.

Fact of the matter is that there is little to talk about Williams, but plenty about other things. Bitching doesn't help avoiding the inevitability of time.

That's the real shit nowadays (it really doesn't sound too bad!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRGcKjy2gl0

At first I was like, hey this sounds pretty decent actually; and then around the halfway mark it suddenly turned into, I dunno something from The Crystal Maze, and it all went a bit shit. What a shame.

Tyler pretty much took Balfe's excellent work and layered in lots and lots of bland drums. It's great in the game.

I didn't think it was possible for the words "Balfe" and "excellent" to appear together in the same sentence! Now that I've seen it I'm still not sure that they should. :/

As opposed to endless Williams music shop talk and microscopic analysis? I'm sure that'll make people rave.

Fact of the matter is that there is little to talk about Williams, but plenty about other things. Bitching doesn't help avoiding the inevitability of time.

Seeing as you're the possibly the biggest gushing Tolkien nut on here I can't validate your stance, sorry.

Let's be honest: the only reason Middle-Earth talk hasn't been shipped off into its own sub forum is because the JWFan overlord couldn't care less about the franchise and such a move would be seen as an endorsement and an official JWFan.com affiliation. Which leaves the rest of the user base in beloved GD up shit creek without a paddle and the prospect of scrolling through Hobbit this and Hobbit that threads ad infinitum in search of something else unrelated to Jacko's big blustering franchise.

Factor in that we're only just at the halfway point in the new trilogy and the once great JWFan General Discussion suddenly looks, to anyone not particularly interested in dwarves and goblins news for the next twelve months, like a major no go area. It's fucked!

Let's be honest: the only reason Middle-Earth talk hasn't been shipped off into its own sub forum is because the JWFan overlord couldn't care less about the franchise and such a move would be seen as an endorsement and an official JWFan.com affiliation. Which leaves the rest of the user base in beloved GD up shit creek without a paddle and the prospect of scrolling through Hobbit this and Hobbit that threads ad infinitum in search of something else unrelated to Jacko's big blustering franchise.

Factor in that we're only just at the halfway point in the new trilogy and the once great JWFan General Discussion suddenly looks, to anyone not particularly interested in dwarves and goblins news for the next twelve months, like a major no go area. It's fucked!

Let's be honest. If there was something film music related people would like to discuss besides the horrible LotR and Hobbit threads, then they would bloody well discuss it and flood the General Discussion with lively threads of various subjects on films and film composers with topics that range between heaven and earth. Please find new threads and begin new discussions and I'll join them. But don't put the blame others for not doing anything if you can affect the outcome like in this case. Be the change Quint!

That's the real shit nowadays (it really doesn't sound too bad!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRGcKjy2gl0

At first I was like, hey this sounds pretty decent actually; and then around the halfway mark it suddenly turned into, I dunno something from The Crystal Maze, and it all went a bit shit. What a shame.

Tyler pretty much took Balfe's excellent work and layered in lots and lots of bland drums. It's great in the game.

I didn't think it was possible for the words "Balfe" and "excellent" to appear together in the same sentence! Now that I've seen it I'm still not sure that they should. :/

Lee is fond in pointing out problems but has never shown any interest in helping to come up with a solution.

My thread architect days have waned under the weight of a thousand hobbits.

What i miss is a snapshot once in a while, i. e. of gkgyver or greypilgrim attending the first midnight screening in their elven gown or wizard costume, complete with cusp cap (maybe even a rustic dwarf tog?), to loosen things up. Alternately i suppose little sound snippets of massive whooping screams during multiple ejaculations over boring Howard Shore filler cues could beguile members not blessed with the gift of complete devotion to Messr. Tolkiens grand achievements.

If you segregate Tolkien threads into a subforum, then GD becomes a ghost town just like OT did before I started advocating old games to lure Lee out of dormancy. So there's no easy solution to please a chronic whiner.

What i miss is a snapshot once in a while, i. e. of gkgyver or greypilgrim attending the first midnight screening in their elven gown or wizard costume, complete with cusp cap (maybe even a rustic dwarf tog?), to loosen things up. Alternately i suppose little sound snippets of massive whooping screams during multiple ejaculations over boring Howard Shore filler cues could beguile members not blessed with the gift of complete devotion to Messr. Tolkiens grand achievements.

lol!

You'd like to hear my ejaculations? I thought you'd never ask.

One gets the impression that scrolling past and simply not reading certain threads causes severe constipation or something.

It causes me personally severe finger strain and sharp shoots of pain in my fingernail. On a wider scale it is the cause of famine in Africa.

This MB certainly has the most and the most in depth continuous conversations about the Tolkien scores, films etc etc. Completely unplanned (as far as I know Ricard doesnt care for any of it).

But it's become a great resource, and valid part of this forum and of Shore's Middle Earth music online. Doug would not contribute if this wasn't the case.

Let's be honest. If there was something film music related people would like to discuss besides the horrible LotR and Hobbit threads, then they would bloody well discuss it and flood the General Discussion with lively threads of various subjects on films and film composers with topics that range between heaven and earth. Please find new threads and begin new discussions and I'll join them. But don't put the blame others for not doing anything if you can affect the outcome like in this case. Be the change Quint!

+1

Lee is fond in pointing out problems but has never shown any interest in helping to come up with a solution.

+1

One gets the impression that scrolling past and simply not reading certain threads causes severe constipation or something.

If Lee can ignore the JW section, he can ignore these threads!

+1

This MB certainly has the most and the most in depth continuous conversations about the Tolkien scores, films etc etc. Completely unplanned (as far as I know Ricard doesnt care for any of it).

But it's become a great resource, and valid part of this forum and of Shore's Middle Earth music online. Doug would not contribute if this wasn't the case.

+1,000,000

The words "pathetic", "limited" and "laughably prejudiced" come to mind regarding your train of thoughts, in any given context.

I'd find it hilarious though if you were strapped to a theatre seat next December, forced to watch the Hobbit triple feature, followed by a LotR extended edition marathon, wearing a T-shirt saying "I went to JWfan and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" on front, and "Howard Shore is a god" on the back.

The words "pathetic", "limited" and "laughably prejudiced" come to mind regarding your train of thoughts, in any given context.

Well, being from Bamberg you of all people should know everything about being "pathetic", "limited" and "laughably prejudiced".

I said since LotR came out that there was too many LotR thread cluttering the board. I also feel that way with RIP threads. But nothing has changed

At some point all discussions on Harry Potter were limited to 1 thread by comparison

And there's zero threads about franchises that currently interest me like Hunger Games, which is the superior franchise at the moment

And there's zero threads about franchises that currently interest me like Hunger Games, which is the superior franchise at the moment

My nose turns further up at you with each post you make today!

King Mark if you want to start a thread discussing the Hunger Games franchise, please do so! There's certainly no reason not to!

Why is Quint always so meta?

A) Yes.

B) Yes.

C) Yes.

People that use the word meta should be tied up and forced to watch all their film and music collections burned.

I voted the first selection

I said since LotR came out that there was too many LotR thread cluttering the board. I also feel that way with RIP threads. But nothing has changed At some point all discussions on Harry Potter were limited to 1 thread by comparison And there's zero threads about franchises that currently interest me like Hunger Games, which is the superior franchise at the moment

You know, if you're so terribly interested in discussing it, and it's so superior, why not open a thread?

Well the second one was great and fully deserved it's 90% on RT

All the cast seems to give it their all to make the movie special, the script was great, and you actually care about the stakes more than the apocalyptic garbage in recent superhero films. There was an almost TESB quality to the story of the second film

I think it'd be a huge mistake dismiss it as a Twilight Saga type teen movie.