Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

On 23/5/2017 at 2:56 PM, Disco Stu said:

Domhnall Gleeson is going to age into such a great British character actor (just like his father).  Just that classic look about him.

(this was reacting to one of the Vanity Fair covers)

Neither are British. 

Just now, Disco Stu said:

People born in the 26 counties of the Irish Republic are not British regardless of whatever geographical names exist for a group of islands comprising two completely separate sovereign nations. Thank you. 

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Yeesh.  Nationalism :rolleyes:

A Canadian isn't American the same as an Irishman isn't British. 

I wouldn't get offended if I was mistaken for Canadian, but I guess neither would an English or Welsh person care if they were mistaken for Irish.  Power dynamics, I guess.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I wouldn't get offended if I was mistaken for Canadian, but I guess neither would an English or Welsh person care if they were mistaken for Irish.  Power dynamics, I guess.

You don't know much about English or Welsh people so. 

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I've seen The Wind That Shakes the Barley!

(I am of course, just joking around, and apologize for mixing up Gleeson's nationality.)

That'll do me! 

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Domhnall was phenomenal in Brooklyn, one of my favorite films of 2015.  Saoirse Ronan is a movie star!

Brooklyn was excellent. It seemed to get lost when it came to award season but it was a brilliant film. 

The sentence could have read:

At least Ronan got her deserved Best Actress nomination at the Golden Globes.

At least Ronan got her deserved Best Actress nomination at the SAG Awards.

At least Ronan got her deserved Best Actress nomination at the Mutual of Omaha Insurance Awards

16 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The point is: Saoirse Ronan is a good actress. One of the best things Ireland has given us. More than makes up for Bilbo Skywalker!

Ah here! Saying someone from Carlow is better than me is a low blow. 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Filming for Episode IX is rumoured to begin in July as well!

Vanity Fair says January.

Kennedy, Trevorrow, and the Lucasfilm team have been compelled to swing from grieving into pragmatic mode, working out how to reconceive the next film in the saga, which is scheduled to start shooting in January.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Domhnall Gleeson is going to age into such a great Earthling character actor (just like his father).  Just that classic look about him.

In Force Awakens, he and his character reminds me a little bit of Pasha from Doctor Zhivago.

2 minutes ago, Indianagirl said:

In Force Awakens, he and his character reminds me a little bit of Pasha from Doctor Zhivago.

It'd be cool if they gave him a background as nuanced as Pasha.  Perhaps Hux was not always the fascist monster, maybe he started as a true idealist.

I doubt he'll have any backstory that's revealed in future episodes. He's just a secondary character, the Nazi-like henchman of a bigger baddie, much like Tarkin was in ANH. 

They'll probably reveal all about his past in comic books and TV shows. They'll show us how people used to make fun of his red hair when he was a kid, which was why he decided to reach a position of power, to make them all pay for mocking him.

On 5/24/2017 at 5:15 PM, Jay said:

Sorry to have disappointed you today, Stu.  Please forgive me.

Jay, when you're in a spat with someone here, who moderates it?

Is there a designated "emergency moderator"?

January shoot for IX should mean Williams could start writing Q3 next year, after a 4 or 5 month break from RPO. Seems achievable.

There's nothing else after RPO until IJ5 in 2020.

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

January shoot for IX should mean Williams could start writing Q3 next year, after a 4 or 5 month break from RPO. Seems achievable.

There's nothing else after RPO until IJ5 in 2020.

Somewhere in all that is The Post (or whatever it gets called) and The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara

If Spielberg sticks with the aggressive schedule, Williams would score The Post this Autumn.

I imagine the post is about Tom Hanks' character working in a post sorting centre and he comes across a mislapped package. He then spends the two hour runtime returning said package further enshrining his "good guy" image.