I'm confused

Instead of Ricard leaving again, why not just ban Morn from this MB permanently?

He has not made a meaningfull, interesting, funny or even a normal post here in what seems like months, it's all "nails on the blackboard", pointless comments designed to start up, or further inflame debates that are about NOTHING.

Clearly Morn has not reached a level were he can communicate in an inteligent manner with other people.

I need Ricard on this MB a whole lot more then i need Morn.

The solution seems simple, Ricard, come back to us....ditch the kid.

Stefancos- Who, for once is being very sincere.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in full agreement about Ricard returning to the board, but not about Morn being banned. I personally don't usually have problems with Morn, and even Ricard recently stated that Morn's posts were beginning to be among those he looked forward to reading. In any case, I don't feel that Morn has done anything to warrant being banned.

Ray Barnsbury

Look, i'm not saying Morn is a bad kid, nor has he dne any specific one thing wrong that would warrant his removal from this MB.

It's the hundred's of tiny little annoyances multiplied.

I've send the link to this thread to Morn, cause I do not wanna stab him in the back, i really hope he will take the time to explain to us why he acts the way he acts.

Stefancos

The solution seems simple, Ricard, come back to us....ditch the kid.

I'm afraid that your solution to a problem that is more layered than you realized is merely irrelevant...and unjustified -- Morn is obviously spiritedly opinionated, but I'm not sure that you, Stefan, are not in further breach of Forum Rule #1 than he is by starting this very thread.

I'm sorry, Stefan, I don't want to single you out. I'm as appreciative of your presence on this board as you are mine (thank you again for the vote for coolest poster), but your post, along with a few previous comments by other veterans, suggests to me that if I don't speak up, this is just the beginning of a storm of diatribes against Morn that simply have no place at all. Not just in principle, but in efficacity.

Please stop attacking Morn: he is not the primary reason for Ricard's departure. This is a fact.

I'm afraid that your solution to a problem that is more layered than you realized is merely irrelevant...and unjustified -- Morn is obviously spiritedly opinionated, but I'm not sure that you, Stefan, are not in further breach of Forum Rule #1 than he is by starting this very thread.

I can respect people who are spiritedly opinionated, but in the case of young Nicholas, it is very clear that he's only interested in debating for the sake of debating.

And as for brresaking rule # 1, i do not think I have done so.

I'm sorry, Stefan, I don't want to single you out.  I'm as appreciative of your presence on this board as you are mine (thank you again for the vote for coolest poster), but your post, along with a few previous comments by other veterans, suggests to me that if I don't speak up, this is just the beginning of a storm of diatribes against Morn that simply have no place at all.  Not just in principle, but in efficacity.

Certainly there is no need as of yet to start a which hunt against Morn, but I do feel it is important to point out to Morn that he has lost the respect of a lot of people who thought very highly of him.

The comments by other veteran posters (Neil, Joe and even Ricard) clearly were not enough to get Morn thinking, perhaps this thread will

Please stop attacking Morn: he is not the primary reason for Ricard's departure.  This is a fact.

Off course he's not, the primary reason for Ricard's leaving is Ricard himself.

And off course it's a bit silly for him to leave yet again.

But he's a sensative guy, and he WAS insulted.

Also, i can not remember Morn ever have apologized or having taken the responsibility of any of his comments here, even when he offende people.

But why should he, this is the Internet, it's not like we are talking to REAL people, it's all just a bunch of letters on a monitor.

We can say whatever we want here, cause there will be no consequences anyway.

Right????

Stefancos- :roll:

No, no, you don't get it...what I'm saying is that, when you get right down to it, Morn has pretty much nothing to do with Ricard's decision. Ricard's "sensitiveness" may be at work, but it's merely a small factor among larger ones.

You're free to discuss Morn's behavior as much as you like, but to discuss it in light of Ricard's departure is simply misguided. Yes, in context, Ricard certainly made it seem that Morn was the lone provocation, but he's not. I wish you guys could hear it from Ricard himself, but he hasn't visited this board for several days now.

No, no, you don't get it...what I'm saying is that, when you get right down to it, Morn has pretty much nothing to do with Ricard's decision.  Ricard's "sensitiveness" may be at work, but it's merely a small factor among larger ones.

But I cannot do anything about Ricard's "sensitiveness", even if I wanted to.

He's a grown man who i'm sure does not need to be councilled by me.

Besides, by not posting here, he's not annoying anyone.

You're free to discuss Morn's behavior as much as you like, but to discuss it in light of Ricard's departure is simply misguided.

Well, I could have chosen any of about 500 posts Morn has written in the last 4 days, but his clash with Befan seemed the most urgent one.

Yes, in context, Ricard certainly made it seem that Morn was the lone provocation, but he's not.  I wish you guys could hear it from Ricard himself, but he hasn't visited this board for several days now.

Again, it's not just about Ricard leaving (which i still think he really should not do).

Stefancos

I'm trying to find a way to put this delicately, because it's clearly a sensitive situation. That being said, I'd much rather read a post by Ricard then one by Nicholas.

Neil

I'm trying to find a way to put this delicately, because it's clearly a sensitive situation.  That being said, I'd much rather read a post by Ricard then one by Nicholas.

Neil

That, basicly is something I agree with 100 %

Stefancos

I don't understand what's going on here.

Stefan hasn't posted in like 4 or 5 days and I've been here off and on all week and I haven't seen anything about Ricard saying he's leaving OR Morn and his silly posts.

Can some one clue me in for the sake of "I care"?

I don't understand what's going on here.

Stefan hasn't posted in like 4 or 5 days and I've been here off and on all week and I haven't seen anything about Ricard saying he's leaving OR Morn and his silly posts.

Can some one clue me in for the sake of "I care"?

http://jwfan.net/modules.php?op=modload&na...ighlight=#52165

And, once again, please don't stick it to Morn because, for what it's worth, he had little to do with it. His being ostracized from this board will do absolutely nothing to bring Ricard back.

However, if you'd like to comment on how Morn/Nick B. has offended or annoyed you in the past, I can't stop you from doing that.

ok,

IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've become UN-confused.

I'm a little ticked right now. WHY is everyone here wearing their heart on their sleeve? Everyone has opinions. NOT everyone has the time to PERFECTLY word their posts: "in my opinion blah blah blah". I mean come on here.

I'm am disgusted at the way people are siding with so and so. I don't think that Morn should have used the words "arrogant presumtion" or what ever he wrote but he did. I don't think Ricard should become so defensive that he has to leave the board members. It is his perogative so I'll let it be.

I really think that Ricard has his reasons and we should just let the members be themselves and continue with life. This thread is probably ticking Ricard off as much as the other.

He wants to be able to post his opinion and not get stupid remarks back. Well, sometimes it will come true and sometimes it won't. I just wish that he, like Alan stated, could just ignore the thread or people that bother him.

I'm not impressed with the way people are handling this, but then again, I'm not EXACTLY sure how it SHOULD be handled.

Stop wearing your heart on your sleeve. Stop this "ricard this, morn that". Let them work it out.

I take it back. . .sorry, ignore the "ricard this morn that" remark because I can't think of the right words to express myself on that one. But PLEASE stop taking things so personally if someone disagrees.

Just when I thought it as safe to return to the Message Board LOL LOL

Hitch :) to Morn and wishes him well....Alma dear, stop tickling me.

Just when I thought it as safe to return to the Message Board LOL LOL

Hitch :) to Morn and wishes him well....Alma dear, stop tickling me.

ok,

IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've become UN-confused.

I'm a little ticked right now.  WHY is everyone here wearing their heart on their sleeve?  Everyone has opinions. NOT everyone has the time to PERFECTLY word their posts:  "in my opinion blah blah blah".  I mean come on here.

I'm am disgusted at the way people are siding with so and so.  I don't think that Morn should have used the words "arrogant presumtion" or what ever he wrote but he did. I don't think Ricard should become so defensive that he has to leave the board members.  It is his perogative so I'll let it be.

I really think that Ricard has his reasons and we should just let the members be themselves and continue with life.  This thread is probably ticking Ricard off as much as the other.

He wants to be able to post his opinion and not get stupid remarks back.  Well, sometimes it will come true and sometimes it won't.  I just wish that he, like Alan stated, could just ignore the thread or people that bother him.

I'm not impressed with the way people are handling this, but then again, I'm not EXACTLY sure how it SHOULD be handled.

Stop wearing your heart on your sleeve.  Stop this "ricard this, morn that".  Let them work it out.  

I take it back. . .sorry, ignore the "ricard this morn that" remark because I can't think of the right words to express myself on that one.  But PLEASE stop taking things so personally if someone disagrees.

Actually, I'm wearing the truth on my sleeve, the truth being that Nick's remarks only superficially precipitated Ricard's decision, which was grounded fundamentally in other factors that have nothing to do with Nick. I'm waiting for Ricard to explain these factors himself when/if he officially announces his decision publically.

In the meantime, please be patient.

What's wrong with arguing?

Arguments can be constructive and helpful. If not then, at least here, they're interesting and fuelled by intellect. Nobody here is stupid. We don't have to get along 100% of the time, ok? If people disagree and fight every once in a while, it doesn't matter. Friction generates heat, and if there's no heat here, then the place is lifeless and boring.

One person who sometimes makes comments that aren't as constructive as yours doesn't warrant a banning. This is a small forum with little intervention from those who truly disrupt things. If you think Morn disrupts things, you should go to a busier forum and see what havoc is wrought there!

I too thought about what Stefan has proposed.

I think that what he suggested in no way violates rule #1.

First it is impossible to really threaten someone like Morn, who has no passion for anything but argument itself.

Whether Ricard wears his feelings on his sleeve is not the point, Morn goes out of his way to attack each and every point someone makes. He hasn't posted anything worth reading. His counterpoints are pointless.

Can anyone remember when Morn actually started a thread? I can't.

I personally have gone out of my way to be rude in my posts about Morn lately because he pissed me off. I suspect that he was once the type of kid that used to beat the shit out of because he argued about everything and never shut up.

But I don't really want to ban even Morn. He has written good posts in the past, and he may in the future.

Joe, who wants Ricard to post, but wants Morn to post too.

Sorry, if I've offended anyone, I just get really bugged when people don't bother to work things out.

Joe, who wants Ricard to post, but wants Morn to post too.

This is exactly what I think in the long run.

I have to read up on what happened,but this is not a new story and Ricard either is a very oversensitive guy or has trouble controlng his temper.As many times in the past,he should be back when he calms down again.Since a lot of us are responsible for pissing him off for past 'departures",I wouldn't blame Morn here.

K.M.Who thinks this situation is as predictable as the change of seasons.

He has not made a meaningfull, interesting, funny or even a normal post here in what seems like months

You should be the last person to write that sentence!

I've send the link to this thread to Morn, cause I do not wanna stab him in the back, i really hope he will take the time to explain to us why he acts the way he acts.

A stab is still a stab, instead of in the back it's, ohh look look what we are doing! :roll: Well if it helps you sleep at night.... :mrgreen:

it's all "nails on the blackboard", pointless comments designed to start up, or further inflame debates that are about NOTHING.

Ok, I can not believe that you actually wrote this while being serious. You have defined what misrepresentation is. It's just if I find something that I think is wrong or I disagree with I tell someone. This happens often. :) I am not a troll!

I can respect people who are spiritedly opinionated, but in the case of young Nicholas, it is very clear that he's only interested in debating for the sake of debating.

And just how have you worked that out? I am just so spirited that everything no matter how small matters.

Certainly there is no need as of yet to start a which hunt against Morn, but I do feel it is important to point out to Morn that he has lost the respect of a lot of people who thought very highly of him.

I pity them.

But he's a sensative guy, and he WAS insulted.

After he insulted everyone who liked AI! In what I consider a very mean way. And based on a weak assumption, I have been getting really sick of those sort of comments.

Also, i can not remember Morn ever have apologized or having taken the responsibility of any of his comments here, even when he offende people.

I don't try to offend people, infact I rather try and avoid that, but if I disagree with them, I think that finding the answer is more important than any other concern, infact I find the notion of telling someone lie to avoid a painful truth.... offensive. And if I am merely replying to a comment that offends me, why should I say sorry for offending others?

Arguments can be constructive and helpful. If not then, at least here, they're interesting and fuelled by intellect. Nobody here is stupid. We don't have to get along 100% of the time, ok? If people disagree and fight every once in a while, it doesn't matter. Friction generates heat, and if there's no heat here, then the place is lifeless and boring.

Exactly! A forum without arguing is like a christmas dinner without turkey!

First it is impossible to really threaten someone like Morn, who has no passion for anything but argument itself.

:roll: Ohh please. At least I don't only have passion for bashing and complaining about people, music and films.

Whether Ricard wears his feelings on his sleeve is not the point, Morn goes out of his way to attack each and every point someone makes. He hasn't posted anything worth reading. His counterpoints are pointless.

Err, do I do that for each and every point in every post? No, only the ones I disagree with. :roll:

Can anyone remember when Morn actually started a thread? I can't.

Check your memory, I did some quite recently.

I personally have gone out of my way to be rude in my posts about Morn lately because he pissed me off. I suspect that he was once the type of kid that used to beat the shit out of because he argued about everything and never shut up.

Why do you bother to make opinionated posts at all if you expect everyone to agree with you? You basically ask for arguements and now you complain.

Quote from Morn: Exactly! A forum without arguing is like a christmas dinner without turkey!

I always fancied Christmas in Turkey ;):)

Hitch, who doesn't eat the fowl (sic) bird at Christmas only Boluga cavier.

PS: Sorry about the puns :mrgreen::)

Hmm...ban Morn?

I think...very bad idea!!

This could lead to popularity contests in the future, when discussion once again gets heated here (the specific subject is secondary), to rally people behind you to ban the "offender", that would be ugly, and the beginning of the end!

OK, I had to reply to this post

I have to read up on what happened,but this is not a new story

If you don't know what happened how on earth do you know if this is new or old?

and Ricard either is a very oversensitive guy or has trouble controlng his temper.

This statement proves that you either haven't paid attention to my attitude over the last 4 years...

As many times in the past

...or that you have a terrible memory.

he should be back when he calms down again.

That's too presumptuous on your part.

Since a lot of us are responsible for pissing him off for past 'departures",

"past departures"?? Bad memory again. During these 4 years I:

1) Restrained myself from expressing my opinion on certain subjects during a quite long period of time, but I never stopped posting!. That happened between 2000 or 2001, and I wasn't exactly "pissed off".

2) Couldn't access the board during a few days. That happened twice, for TECHNICAL REASONS.

3) Didn't post for a couple of months between November 02 and January 03, for similar reasons than now (I'll explain that in another post), but there were not more than TWO people "responsible for pissing me off" then.

I wouldn't blame Morn here.

Morn's attitude is DEFINITELY one of the reasons why I got VERY pissed off the other day.

K.M.Who thinks this situation is as predictable as the change of seasons.

LOL If something is really predictable here is your reply. Sorry, KM.

After he insulted everyone who liked AI! In what I consider a very mean way. And based on a weak assumption, I have been getting really sick of those sort of comments.

YOU "have been getting sick" of what??????????

If you actually READ what others write, you could CLEARLY see that I DID NOT insult everyone who liked AI.

THAT is one of the things that really pisses me off.

I'm pissed off with people like you, who type the first thing that goes to through their brain, or even the first thing that goes to their fingers without going through their brain. People like YOU who start replying without actually reading what the other said, and very often "reading" things the other person didn't write. People like YOU who argue for the sake of arguing. And I'll stop here.

And no, you little kid are not the only reason for my sudden reaction (I'll explain that in another post), but if you don't change your stupid attitude I swear that you won't be able to post here anymore.

Thanks.

where's the fight thread?

http://www.jwfan.net/modules.php?op=modloa...ighlight=#52020

Read it and cry

I just did.Too bad the arguements started by a reply by Ricard to one of my posts which I have hard time finding something nice about,even if it's somewhat true.

k.m.

Wow...hello there everyone. Stuff's really been hitting the fan around here, hasn't it?

Just reading the two posts, it appears as though this is about Morn backtalking the big guy here...Just because Ricard doesn't say it's opinion doesn't mean he's spouting it off as fact. I could say "Wow, this chicken really sucks." Now, that is an implied opinion. In fact, maybe it's Morn's favorite chicken dish ever, and maybe Stefan thinks it's subpar but wouldn't mind to eat it again. Now put the phrase "A.I. was poorly directed" in place of the chicken thing. Does that make it any less of an opinion? Nope, no matter how much someone else disagrees, it's still an opinion.

Sorry. My post probably makes no sense and I'm terribly misinformed, since I've been away for a long time here...

For the record, I like A.I. :mrgreen:

OK, I had to reply to this post

I have to read up on what happened,but this is not a new story  

If you don't know what happened how on earth do you know if this is new or old?

I read the date of Stefancos post :mrgreen: .

Since a lot of us are responsible for pissing him off for past 'departures"

"past departures"?? Bad memory again. During these 4 years I:

1) Restrained myself from expressing my opinion on certain subjects during a quite long period of time, but I never stopped posting!. That happened between 2000 or 2001, and I wasn't exactly "pissed off".

2) Couldn't access the board during a few days. That happened twice, for TECHNICAL REASONS.

3) Didn't post for a couple of months between November 02 and January 03, for similar reasons than now (I'll explain that in another post), but there were not more than TWO people "responsible for pissing me off" then.

Morn's attitude is DEFINITELY one of the reasons why I got VERY pissed off the other day.

Great,then thanks for clearing all this up.

K.M.

Thank you for responding, Morn and Ricard.

Morn, you may hate my guts, but all I tried to do is to force this issue into a duscussion, so both you and the other members would have one thread were they could vent their opinions on this matter.

More or less like Uni has done, in the old days.

Was my aim really to gather support to get you banned?

Nah....Ricard was pissed of with you and more or less banned himself instead of you, so how could I pursuade him even if I wanted to.

Besides, my original post used the sentence:

Stefancos- Who, for once is being very sincere.

To my experience anyone claiming to be sincere, hardly ever is. :mrgreen:

Uni would have taken a more direct route, naturally, but i've always preferred manipulation over the direct approach.

I've probably lost Morn's respect, but that's OK, since he's lost mine a while ago.

I do hope Ricard and the other who participated here will forgive my little charade, it was just one of those thing I had to do.

Stefan.

I think is better to vent out tensions rather than keep them bottled up for a long time.I bet Ricard feels better now.

K.M.Who knows Stefan is manipulative.

And no, you little kid are not the only reason for my sudden reaction (I'll explain that in another post), but if  you don't change your stupid attitude I swear that you won't be able to post here anymore.

Thanks.

I was so much looking forward to Monday morning where there's a visit to this board always the first thing I do, but I wasn't expecting to get this aghast. (I was here when Ricard said his 'Thank You' to Morn so I know what preceded this all...)

I can presume no one can care less about my words on this matter, but still, this is one of the ways to make weak-hearted people like me feel very little confident in being free to post their own opinions while having not to worry about who is gonna get pissed off. Since clouds of hatred have been eclipsing this place once so great for me the rookie to keep returning to, I don't want it to be as such and since I am too petty to change anything about it, you Ricard please take no offense in what Morn has been saying here and there but be sure that there are ways to make people stop posting without you ever having to ban them at all. Sometimes it's so simple...

BTW I don't understand the hating on this board in regard to Morn.

Yeah sure his posts may be unusual but that is part of what makes the dude unique.

He seems like a nice enough fellow. If he were a flaming troll I would support banning him.

Hell, I have probably done alot more to warrant being banned.......

BUT YOU DID NOT HEAR THAT FROM ME!!!! :)

this is one of the ways to make weak-hearted people like me feel very little confident in being free to post their own opinions while having not to worry about who is gonna get pissed off.

I never get pissed off with people's opinions. I just have a problem with one particular person, and not because of his opinions, but with this person's attitude in certain situations, which has been irritating some people too often during the last THREE YEARS.

No problem whatsoever with the rest of you.

You know.... it was the same story my end of the line.

YOU "have been getting sick" of what??????????

If you actually READ what others write, you could CLEARLY see that I DID NOT insult everyone who liked AI.

You said that is the perfect film for those who mainly watch american blockbusters and are looking for a serious film to call a masterpiece. You said that *after* someone called it a masterpiece suggesting that it covers everyone who considers it so due to the broad terms for if you meant otherwise you'd word it slightly differently to direct it at mark or only people who mainly watch american blockbusters. Now I'd take it to mean that anyone who considers AI a great film or masterpiece is a compete moron and a fool. You should not be surprised at someone being outraged by that arrogance, but if that's not what you meant, please explain exactly what you did mean.

I'm pissed off with people like you, who type the first thing that goes to through their brain, or even the first thing that goes to their fingers without going through their brain. People like YOU who start replying without actually reading what the other said, and very often "reading" things the other person didn't write. People like YOU who argue for the sake of arguing. And I'll stop here.

While I admit I might sometimes misread something, it is quite unfair to say that I just type without thinking or argue for the sake of arguing.

I started the thread, but I didn't know they would get such a bad scene going between them.

It was probably coming...

Just because Ricard doesn't say it's opinion doesn't mean he's spouting it off as fact. I could say "Wow, this chicken really sucks." Now, that is an implied opinion.

Now that is wholely different to saying this chicken sucks and you are a complete moron if you think it's great.

Now put the phrase "A.I. was poorly directed" in place of the chicken thing. Does that make it any less of an opinion? Nope, no matter how much someone else disagrees, it's still an opinion.

I have no problem with that phrase, it is implied as being an opinion.

Morn, you may hate my guts, but all I tried to do is to force this issue into a duscussion, so both you and the other members would have one thread were they could vent their opinions on this matter.

You had a rather extreme method. :)

To my experience anyone claiming to be sincere, hardly ever is.

Hehe, I considered that. :)

Uni would have taken a more direct route, naturally, but i've always preferred manipulation over the direct approach.

That a reason to loose respect from me. :sleepy: Fortunately I am forgiving.

I've probably lost Morn's respect, but that's OK, since he's lost mine a while ago.

Huh, what are you talking about? :(

Yeah sure his posts may be unusual but that is part of what makes the dude unique.

I'd like to say I try but I don't :)

Morn, why don't you just say your sorry for anyone who might have been offended by something you said.

You may feel you don't need to, while many of us do, but say it anyway. Prove to us that you are even capable of it. Granted it may require a leap of faith for you to do such a thing, but I think such a small act could go along way towards repairing the damage done.

I will even show you how.

Morn, I am sorry if my post above offended you. I looked it up and did indeed find at least 2 threads you started. My apologies.

Joe

Hmm.... well I have explained my actions and asked what he intended to mean to clear it up... I would have though that more important than a single word that's difficult to say, but anyway. Sorry Ricard.

Morn, I am sorry if my post above offended you. I looked it up and did indeed find at least 2 threads you started. My apologies.

Thank you, but that is not the part that offended me. :roll: :)

Hmm.... well I have explained my actions and asked what he intended to mean to clear it up... I would have though that more important than a single word that's difficult to say, but anyway. Sorry Ricard.

Thank you, but that is not the part that offended me. :roll: :)

Morn, I am apolgizing for everything I said, but finding posts you started was just a step in the process of learning from my mistake.

Joe, who is quite proud of Morn right now. :)

You said that is the perfect film for those who mainly watch american blockbusters and are looking for a serious film to call a masterpiece. You said that *after* someone called it a masterpiece suggesting that it covers everyone who considers it so due to the broad terms for if you meant otherwise you'd word it slightly differently to direct it at mark or only people who mainly watch american blockbusters. Now I'd take it to mean that anyone who considers AI a great film or masterpiece is a compete moron and a fool. You should not be surprised at someone being outraged by that arrogance, but if that's not what you meant, please explain exactly what you did mean.

No explanation needed. I meant exactly what I said, not what you wanted to read.

Sorry Ricard.

Morn, is that really you?

My apologies to those I might have offended. I think that people know that it's never my intention to offend anyone.