Your current audio equipment..

Josh500

Really? I'm actually completely unfamiliar with their older speakers. These aren't bright at all. Everyone says they have a warm sound and slightly rolled-off on top. To me they are balanced.

Here's a very recent review:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Who selects the record?

“We believe that with the right DJ, sound system, and atmosphere, music of all kinds can be celebrated and experienced anew.”

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/new-audiophile-bar-opened-nyc-eavesdrop-brooklyn/

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

The only JW album they might play is Catch Me If You Can.

They could get away with playing the more "poppy" selections from PENELOPE, THE EIGER SANCTION, EARTHQUAKE, and CINDERELLA LIBERTY.

Granted, IMAGES would clear the entire bar, within seconds :lol:

• 2 months later...

High-end and niche brands are actually doing better than ever. It's the traditional superbrands of the past that are in danger. People that actually buy hifi today are not interested in a 300 dollar run-of-the-mill amp or CD player, they want something more exclusive and so they look at the high-end and niche markets. Then there's the hipsters, they don't want a new amp, they want a big flashy receiver with VU meters from the '70s or early '80s, so they look at the used market.

61537e173SL._AC_SS450_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Guru QM10

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/guru-qm10-465869/review

7 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Of course, They may look odd, but hi-fi isn't about looks.

Looks are important too. You have to look at it all the time. Not that these are ugly, but yeah, quite unusual. Would get tired of them after a while, I think.

:thumbup:

Personally, I'd rather have a pair of not-so-attractive speakers that sounded terrific, than a pair that looked fabulous, but sounded shitty.

I listen with my eyes closed, anyway... except when I'm doing the ironing :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 14/07/2022 at 11:11 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

I can't make out the name of the top ones.

Are they used concurrently?

- Dynaudio.Confidence C1 

- No, it wouldn't even be possible. Wharfedale Linton is 6 ohm, Dynaudio is 4 ohm. I just wanted to know, if I place the Dynaudio speakers on top of the Wharfedale Linton, would it sound good? It saves place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday my Denon amp gave up. It must have been the heat that did it. I usually leave the glass front door of the cabinet a little bit open but yesterday evening I forgot to do that. Suddenly there was no sound in the right channel and the red power light of the amp was blinking. Then the left channel gave up too. Not funny! Sending something for repair these days will cost you an arm and a leg. :(

15615244.webp

4 hours ago, AC1 said:

Sending something for repair these days will cost you an arm and a leg. :(

Tell me about it. I've been hopping around, and writing with my left hand, for the last two months!

Will you try to have it repaired, or will you invest in a new amplifier?

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Tell me about it. I've been hopping around, and writing with my left hand, for the last two months!

Will you try to have it repaired, or will you invest in a new amplifier?

I found a guitar repairman nearby who happens to repair hifi amps as well. I'll be bringing the Denon to him today.  Hopefully he can fix it (and for a reasonable price).

Oh yes! I have several amps but the Denon PMA-1510ae is my main one. I've replaced it with a much cheaper Denon amp (PMA-510ae) and while it sounds okay, music somehow sounds less engaging, more lifeless. 

Hate to give up already because I have to spend a lot of money to get something better. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if the official repair center (if I find it, that is) gets back to me (after a month or 2) merely to say that the parts are discontinued and that I have to cough up 200 Euro.

Amps on my list:

slider04_92fb444baee5d2b391ce92f1cbc498a

Technics-SU-G700.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...