Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

I am looking forward to the Day of the Triffids mini series which will look at the event from different settings and locations. It will allow both broad and intimate points of view.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Writer Bryan Cogman To Showrun & EP Reimagined ‘Zorro’ Series Set At Disney+

I still can't believe HBO didn't give him one of the GOT spinoffs

He wrote a draft for a series about the dance of dragons but it didn’t end up happening and then the dance ended up being adapted by another writer in HOTD. I do hope that he ends up doing another GOT successor show though.

Right I know, that's what I mean. I can't believe after they passed on the one he was in charge of, they didn't find a way to keep him in the franchise in another way. 

I was still hoping for more, but I feel it will end in a strong way.

I also just realised that 2 of my favorite shows at the moment have their final season in the coming months. And both, quite unexpectedly so.

I'm more upset about Succesion. If that show doesn't have a strong finale (which every previous season has had) I'm gonna be very disappointed

Do you think Succession will end with one of the kids taking over, or Brian Cox still in charge?

Yes, that's been known for some time

I think it's great, 4 seasons feels right for that show.

Succession I thought would have 5 or maybe 6.

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

Who here watches this?

I've been thinking about giving this a go for ages. Anybody here recommend?

OOoh, new thriller miniseries coming out with Jennifer Garner, Angourie Rice, Jamie Lannister, and Aisha Tyler!

What do you mean? That's old artwork, nothing new.  In the new show the kids are adults

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Only Murders 3 teaser

That is so great!! I can't wait!

I love Meryl Streep and I don't think she gets a lot of credit for how funny she is. So she really is a perfect fit for this

Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson to Reunite in Apple TV+ Comedy from creator David West Read

In Read’s untitled 10-episode half-hour comedy, McConaughey and Harrelson — along with their families — attempt to live together on McConaughey’s Texas ranch. And of course, those close confines puts this storied friendship to the test.

In the logline, Apple TV+ calls the new show “a heartfelt odd couple love story revolving around the strange and beautiful bond between Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.”

It seems so weird to already be getting season 4 when there was such a huge gap between 2 and 3

Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Season 1 & 2 had 1 year between them. So it does makes sense that this is about 1.5 later. The long break was mostly because of Covid right?