Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

On 26/04/2023 at 11:54 AM, Jay said:

Black Mirror Season 6 is actually happening!

Stacked cast: Ben Barnes, Zazie Beetz, Michael Cera, Rory Culkin, Rob Delaney, Josh Hartnett, Salma Hayek, Kate Mara, Annie Murphy, Aaron Paul, Danny Ramirez

Wow!

And here is the cast, director, and short synopsis (just the setup) of each of season 6's five episodes -- with a ton of new photos

https://ew.com/tv/black-mirror-season-6-episode-titles-photos/

FX announced a ton of premiere dates:

Mayans M.C. (Season 5 - Final) - May 24

It's Always Sunny (Season 16) - June 7

The Full Monty - June 14

The Bear (Season 2) - June 22

What We Do in the Shadows (Season 5) - July 13

Justified: City Primeval - July 18

Reservation Dogs (Season 3) - August 2

Archer (Season 14 - Final) - August 30

And they got new seasons of Fargo, American Horror Story, American Crime Story, Feud, and The Old Man in the works as well

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The Bear (Season 2) - June 22

I am sooo looking forward to this.

18 minutes ago, LSH said:

I am sooo looking forward to this.

Here's a trailer for you

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here's a trailer for you

Yes! This is my kinda telly. Can't wait.

‘Nurse Jackie’ & ‘Weeds’ Sequels In Works At Showtime With Original Stars

There is no show that Showtime won't run into the ground, then dig up and run back out again

We must be 2-3 years away from a Homeland revival

I've never seen Manifest, but I think some people here watched it?  The final season is coming soon

Superhero Shows “Had Their Time” as New CW Leaders Outline Plans to Make Network “Bigger and Profitable”

The CW is now run by broadcasters whose only goal is to build a strong brand and cultivate emotional attachment to the largest audience possible,” entertainment president Brad Schwartz told reporters Thursday. “Our goal is to do what’s best for viewers, for stations and for advertisers. No longer will The CW be built for the benefit of two content studios.”

Two great shows to look forward to. :)

On 11/5/2023 at 8:07 PM, Jay said:

Foundation Season 2 teaser

Foundation S1 was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. In my mind I compare it with the movie Dune (2021) and Foundation is the better option.

On 18/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, Jay said:

And a trailer for season 8 of Futurama

Futurama is always good. I identify with Bender a lot. Don’t ask me why.

IMG_6743.gif

40 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Hopefully it will be more than 3 eppies this time.

Tell you you didn't watch the trailer without telling me you didn't watch the trailer

I've never seen Jack Ryan but there's a trailer for the final season out now

3 hours ago, AC1 said:

Today is the day, Jay!

We don't have Netflix right now. 

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

We don't have Netflix right now. 

Yeah, I might temporarily cancel my subscription as well ... after I have finished Black Mirror S6. 

We're doing this as well. Netflix is just way too expensive and as far as I'm concerned I don't think there is anything that interesting in there right now.

But I may subscribe again for Chicken Run 2 :D

21 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

We're doing this as well. Netflix is just way too expensive and as far as I'm concerned I don't think there is anything that interesting in there right now.

But I may subscribe again for Chicken Run 2 :D

I tried to watch several things (Obsession, The Diplomat, Don't Breathe 2, etc.) but it seems that their latest content is not for me. 

On 18/06/2023 at 1:55 AM, Edmilson said:

First pics for the Netflix's live action remake of one of the best cartoons of all time:

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto

Source

Fiver says the show will be better than the movie but the music won't be!

This looks incredible! Really looking forward to this show. I hope that they do weekly episode drops instead of single day release.

On 17/06/2023 at 8:55 PM, Edmilson said:

First pics for the Netflix's live action remake of one of the best cartoons of all time:

They released a teaser too

EXCLUSIVE: Sam Esmail’s years-in-the making adaptation of Fritz Lang’s classic 1927 sci-fi film Metropolis has become one of the highest-profile casualties of the growing uncertainty in Hollywood driven by labor unrest against the background of economic headwinds.

The big-budget UCP series for Apple TV+, which had been prepping in Australia, has permanently shut down. The crew was just notified that the ambitious project will not move forward with production, which had been targeting a summer start.

UCP confirmed to Deadline that Metropolis has been scrapped. “Push costs and uncertainty related to the ongoing strike led to this difficult decision,” a rep for the studio said.

https://deadline.com/2023/06/metropolis-tv-series-dead-writers-strike-sam-esmail-ucp-apple-tv-plus-production-costs-1235419899/

On 19/06/2023 at 11:00 AM, Mr. Who said:

This looks incredible! Really looking forward to this show. I hope that they do weekly episode drops instead of single day release.

And from the creators of Game Of Thrones?! Why wasn't I notified?!

5 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I don't think anyone here were watching these shows, but still fuck Paramount for taking them off the streamer.

Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies,’ ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Among Four Shows Canceled at Paramount+, Will Be Pulled Off Streamer

As someone who is about halfway through Star Trek: Prodigy, it never crossed my mind that it was about to suddenly disappear... I mean it's not a classic Star Trek show, but it was just starting to get fairly decent. Clearly my expectation that studios having their own streaming service would be better because they wouldn't randomly drop shows as they would own them(as oppose to Netflix or whomever, who would just have bought the rights to show it for a certain period). Can't help feeling that streaming services are going to start pissing people off chopping and changing. Once Strange New Worlds finishes its run, I think Paramount will be losing at least one subscriber!

On 31/05/2023 at 7:32 PM, Jay said:

Righteous Gemstones Season 3 starts June 18th!

Watching on Sky Comedy catch-up here in the UK ... good to see it back. Those US 'mega-churches' that are more interested than huge profits than anything else (and escape paying taxes on them, which is a fucking disgrace) are a ripe satirical target.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...