Shocking news regarding Return of the King

tpigeon

I'm not too sure how the fans are going to react to this one. I remain enthusiastic though. After all... we didn't see the movie yet. I'm sure this will be a earthshattering surprise to many of you. Just take a look.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html

Ted

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great that Ahmed Best/Jar Jar Binks is getting work outside of those horrible Star Wars prequels. Sadly it seems he got work in those horrible Lord of the Rings movies. Usually those alien creatures are typecast. Nice to see another barrier broken.

Neil

This is great. I wonder though if the process can work in reverse. Perhaps Lucas could include Gollum into Ep III. Gollum could run around on Tatooine chasing Anakin screaming "murderer!". LOL

Anthony, :) Williams "Exsultate Justi"

Yes it would!!

Gollum and yoda would start fighting each other about who was better designed.

Yes it would!!

Gollum and yoda would start fighting each other about who was better designed.

At Penn State we have the Monty Python Society. Recently they put on a series of original sketches they wrote. One was a parody of American Idol (called American Idle...). One (well, two) of the contestents were Yoda and Gollem (they went up at one time). There was a nice battle between gollum being attracted by the ring of power and Yoda trying to hold him back with the force.

Looks like Peter Jackson has apparently stumbled down the same mysterious path to insanity that George Lucas went down after the original SW trilogy!

BTW I wonder if that will really happen? Will Pete finish this trilogy off nicely and then go on to make a series of embaressing disasters like Lucas did? If Peter Jackson makes any movies in the future featuring "talking ducks" or "Warrior Midgets" you'd best be very afraid! :P

Jar Jar was a general in TPM. I think he could be a great warrior (just because everything he touches gets distroyed)

Yeah, including the movie itself. ;)

This could be the start of a vast inter-movie CGI cultural exchange program. We could get Aragag fighting crime with Spiderman; Scooby-Doo solving mysteries with Harry Potter and Co.; even dozens of little green Yodas oozing out of people's pores selling Gatorade!

:P

Anthony, fearing he may have crossed a line somewhere ;)

Beofre clicking the link, I actually believed there would be a character in ROTk named Jaromir, but Ididn't realte it to Jar Jar. I just thought he would be Boromir's son or something. What a relief.

This seemed oddly in line with the developments of the cinematic series so far....at this point, I'm not sure anything would surprise me.

Having said that....I did find this hilarious. LOL

- Uni

"Yousa steala precious from meesa!"

-- Jar-Jaromir

That's my favorite line. When I read that article, aside from laughing until it hurt, the first thing I thought of was posting it on the Board. I had a feeling that a lot pf people would like it since most of us think that the character of Jar-Jar was a brilliant addition to the prequels that adds both dynamic and much needed humor to the series.

Ted

I like the precious quote from Jar Jaromir too, but i thought the Gondora one was better suited.