Lossless music streaming is here

Jay

Hope they do something about the loudness wars too. I can hardly imagine much benefit from a 24bit/192KHz brick-walled "music" that's abused with equalizers and compressors.

22 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

So are landfills. Do your part...drop physical media!

Most physical collectors in my experience keep their media for years, if not their entire lives. The masses on the other hand, such as those currently streaming, have to buy the fancy new iPhone every 6-12 months. I wonder how much those are taking up landfills. 🤔

17 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Most physical collectors in my experience keep their media for years, if not their entire lives. The masses on the other hand, such as those currently streaming, have to buy the fancy new iPhone every 6-12 months. I wonder how much those are taking up landfills. 🤔

Do you listen to all your music at home on a CD player? Or do you rip your discs to listen when you’re out?

Do you not own a phone? Or are you using a Sony Discman? 🤔

28 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Do you listen to all your music at home on a CD player? Or do you rip your discs to listen when you’re out?

Neither for me, I'm still with that

Pionnier des lecteurs de musique portables, le baladeur Walkman fête ses 40  ans | Maison Adam

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

So are landfills. Do your part...drop physical media!

Physical media is one of the least problems, when it comes to waste. By the way, streaming is not just entirely clean in case you'd think that.

36 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Neither for me, I'm still with that

Pionnier des lecteurs de musique portables, le baladeur Walkman fête ses 40  ans | Maison Adam

Drax? Is that you?

Cassettes are worse than CD's! You know what CD's and cassettes are made from? Petroleum and unrefined crude. I mean, sure, I can see why Jurassic Shark would be in favour of them, he's from Norway and has a vested interest in polluting the planet. But the rest of us should happily be streaming on our iPhones and Android!

As for me, I digitized my entire CD collection in lossless. And rather than throw them away, or sell them or even donate them to a library when they'd all eventually end up in a landfill, I did the responsible thing and burned them, sending them to music heaven in the upper atmosphere where they belong.

2 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Drax? Is that you?

Cassettes are worse than CD's! You know what CD's and cassettes are made from? Petroleum and unrefined crude. I mean, sure, I can see why Jurassic Shark would be in favour of them, he's from Norway and has a vested interest in polluting the planet. But the rest of us should happily be streaming on our iPhones and Android!

As for me, I digitized my entire CD collection in lossless. And rather than throw them away, or sell them or even donate them to a library when they'd all eventually end up in a landfill, I did the responsible thing and burned them, sending them to music heaven in the upper atmosphere where they belong.

I'm not Drax and I was joking.

Now I don't really what pollutes the most between a physical CD made from "Petroleum and unrefined crude" or computer and data center that burn entire forests to be powered up?

3 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

To be fair I pretty much only listen to music on my computer. I have the discs but have no plans on getting rid of them.