Hulk look fake, FAKE, FAKe, FAke Fake.

JoeinAR

I'm beginning to think that it might fall into the its so bad its good category.

Sorta like Starship Troopers(which I love).

The Hulk in CGI looks so incredibly bad. Could it be that the CGI effects are taking steps backwards. The hammer toss sequence is just laughable.

I expect it to get reemed at the hands of the critics. It will probably be edited in a 2.4 second pace, so Ross will probably love it :baaa:bowdown .

Joe, who like the judge in the summer film Miracle on 34th Street, will keep and open mind.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still optimistic. While the Hulk has never particularly interested me as a character, I think Ang Lee has what it takes to make the film emotionally engaging and stylish. He doesn't strike me as the type to "MTV edit" his films. My only fear is that "higher powers" may try to force the film into a category it does not belong in or won't be as effective in. I refer here to making it a blockbuster action film, where style trumps content and franchise potential becomes the main goal.

CYPHER - who agrees that some of the CGI looks very underdone. I hope they are just preliminary shots in the trailer which will look much more realistic when the film is completed.

Its just another summer blockbuster, with midocre plot, bad acting and needless action.

I don't think it looks THAT bad. The CGI does look a little incomplete, but if you look at the difference between trailer 1 and 2, there is quite a bit of improvement. I am hoping that it can be pulled off and look real. Ang Lee is a good director.

I hope they are just preliminary shots in the trailer which will look much more realistic when the film is completed.

I had the same hope when I saw James Bond serving in front of a glacier in "The Making of Die Another Day", but noo...

- Marc, who saw a bit of an old version of a Hulk movie on TV sunday night and laughed his ass off. :baaa:

bowdown Forming The Mountain from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The CGI looks incredible.

have you guys seen the international trailer?

If that's bad CGI, then I don't think there has ever been any good CGI in any movie before

Romão, tired of all this CGi bashing.

The CGI is bad, you can tell instantly is a CGI, not only when it moves, but also in the stills. It too clean and shiny, too colorful and clear for the surrounding environment, too detailed for the surrounding photography. Jurassic Park CGI's are still the best, in my opinion, not only in light, blending of the still, but also in the movement.

I just heard a little bit of the score on my answering machine. Big brass chords leading up to something. The score is gonna be huge anyway....

If that's bad CGI, then I don't think there has ever been any good CGI in any movie before  

your joking right, you cannot be that blind to the truth.

The CGI looks incredibly horrible.

And Ang Lee isn't anything but an average director.

When things weren't going too well for the Hulk or David Banner, you felt sorry for the guy :cry: (with a little help from the music, of course). But that was in the old tv series "The Incredible Hulk"! Which CGI created character can accomplish the same thing? Jar Jar? The new Yoda? The Hulk? Tell me!

----------------

Alex Cremers

I remember that when there was nothing else to do, I sometimes saw the Hulk TV series, and the music was quite melancolic, because this superhero's "gift" is uncontrollable, and he is forced to be alone and in the move all the time. Also the actor had this very sad expresion. I realise that somehow, that was the real interesting thing about this superhero. Superstrong superheroes, almost everyone is... but ones with uncontrollable gifts, few of them.

your joking right, you cannot be that blind to the truth.

The CGI looks incredibly horrible.

And Ang Lee isn't anything but an average director.

The CGI looks pretty good to me. Really impressive, but that's just me.

I was told they re-did the whole thing. (for better) What is seen in the 1st trailer at least is not the true thing.
Oh that explains why the CGI and acting of the hulk is much worse in trailer 1. In the international, the hulk didn't look so terribly bad, but the thing is that you can tell straight away that it is CG and THAT is a bad thing. I wanted to just watch the trailer and see if i could put the bad CGI behind me, but i couldn't and if its the same in the finished film, then it just won't work for me at all.

If the Hulk grows THAT much bigger, what happens to his pants? I mean, Bill Bixby's pants couls still fit on Lou Ferrigno's Hulk, albeit ripped. But the CGI Hulk is so huge that surely no pair of pants would remain intact on him after getting so big. Does he run around naked??

That still looks all right to me too. It's probably just one of those occasions where it looks fake because you KNOW there is no way that could ever be accomplished with practical effects.

- Marc

:music: The Flying Sequence from Superman: The Movie

Too much CGI can be a bad thing too....

have you seen the previews for LXG (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?), It doesn't look that appealing....

If the Hulk grows THAT much bigger, what happens to his pants?  I mean, Bill Bixby's pants couls still fit on Lou Ferrigno's Hulk, albeit ripped.  But the CGI Hulk is so huge that surely no pair of pants would remain intact on him after getting so big.  Does he run around naked??

In a surprise cameo, he breaks into Rosie O'Donnell's apartment and steals her pants. :)

Neil

In a surprise cameo, he breaks into Rosie O'Donnell's apartment and steals her pants.  

I hope the Hulk doesn't piss her off. The Hulk can battle most things and win, but I don't see him winning against this womyn.

I expect it to get reemed at the hands of the critics.  It will probably be edited in a 2.4 second pace, so Ross will probably love it :)  :) .

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. When did I say that I actually liked 2.4 movies? You have a bit of a record of misreading some of my posts, Joe, so maybe you could be a little more careful before you make a statement which is perfectly valid, only untrue. Let's keep the atmosphere clear from strain.

About the title topic, I don't expect much from this movie. Nor do I expect the Hulk to look real. If only I could care less....

I have faith in Ang Lee. He's done very well with all of the films he has done (save "Ride With the Devil"). The CGI does look too obvious, but recently CGI has been very obvious in movies. after Jurassic Park, people are trying to make effects look hyper-realistic, especially after the success of Spider-man.

Jeff -- who thinks The Hulk would have been cooler with a real person as the green guy

Yeah, there are some testosterone guys that pretty much look like Hulk. A little optical effect can make it look bigger. Why CGI a person? That's what I don't understand. Just because the computer gurus 'think' they look 'real'? How could they, if they haven't seen another real person in years...

Why CGI a person? That's what I don't understand. Just because the computer gurus 'think' they look 'real'? How could they, if they haven't seen another real person in years...

Whruhaha...haha...haha...ha!!! How true! bowdown

---------------

Alex Cremers

The CGI is bad, you can tell instantly is a CGI, not only when it moves, but also in the stills. It too clean and shiny, too colorful and clear for the surrounding environment, too detailed for the surrounding photography. Jurassic Park CGI's are still the best, in my opinion, not only in light, blending of the still, but also in the movement.

Nonsense, it certainly doesn't look obviously like CGI. Looks a bit odd though. And JP? You can't be serious, the textures look fake and shiney in JP, as good as the movement is, it's old technology and doesn't look as real as the hulk.

Please one thing, say whatever you want about the flaws of CGI, BUT, DO NOT,repeat, DO NOT hope CGI to fix the things from the comics. HULK has been always that BIG (not Lou Ferrigno's tiny crap) and in the comics his pants stand where they are so if it's a mistake (worth the bashing anyway), bash the comic (and creators) not the CGI (and creators) who is trying to impersonate that comic.

have you seen the previews for LXG (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?), It doesn't look that appealing....

I saw that trailer just following the Hulk trailer before X2 and thought to myself, "damn that makes the Hulk CGI look good!" How sad is that?

Hey Joe, read this article, regarding the quality of the Hulk CGI. I found it so ridiculous, I can't even begin to repeat what is said. I damned near fell out of my chair laughing at just the headline. I thought the guy was being sarcastic, but he seems deadly serious.

Oh that is so damn funny. I wonder what kind of rubber room he lives in.

After seeing Gollum in the Two Towers, I'm inclined to agree that the hulk doesn't look all that impressive. I dearly hope they re-render him for the film.

As for the actual movie, I can't believe that Ang Lee would produce a piece of crap. His "sense and sensibilities" don't fit with the Michael Bay style of all style no substance. Therefore, I still have hopes that THE HULK will be a decent film. Maybe a lot better than people are expecting.

The Hulk Deserves Oscar Nod for Best Actor?

err...how about NO!!! Best actor!?!?!? Can anyone tell me what these guys are on? For 1. the hulk isn't even an actor and for 2. he looks crap!

I still think the best shot containing CG happened ten years ago in Jurassic Park, when the T-Rex rips through the fences and walks between the two cars. It's the first CG shot of the Rex and boy does it deliver. It's flat out perfect, and quite terrifying.

Ted

Luke's right: in the comics, the Hulk is HUGE. He's way bigger than anybody they could ever have found to do the job, and chances are they would not have known the first thing about acting. Then again it shouldn't really take much skill to say "Hulk SMASH puny humans!"

As for the purple shorts... I really don't know what the deal there is. I don't read the comic but maybe he has something similar to the costumes worn by the X-Men which are comprised of "unstable molecules" which allows them to retain their integrity when the physical shape of the wearer changes. Considering Bruce Banner is a very clever scientist, I'm sure he could whip up some all-purpose purple dacks for those days when he turns green and vents his spleen.

CYPHER

It looks like the hand is touching the tv screen

Have you ever seen the new Star Wars movies?

It doesn't look that appealing....

Well, maybe I'm blind or something, but I think the second pic looks great.

Yes you are blind.

Joe, who want to remind Merkel that denile is a river in Africa

You guys keep on claiming that special effects don't make a film, but you keep on criticizing the Hulk for its CGI, even though you haven't seen it, thus giving way too much importance to special effects. Ang Lee is very talented director and so are the animators in ILM, so maybe, jut maybe, this movie could be good.

BUt it seems to me some of you really wnat this movie and the CGi to suck, why is that, it beats me.

BTW, although I'm an avid comics reader, specially batman, I'm not a Hulk fan, so it's not like I want so badly this movie to be good that I'm blinded from the truth, or whatever.

I'm as neutral on this as I can be.