Which 'next installment' are you looking forward to more?

MrScratch

What JW blockbuster sequel score are you most looking forward to?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
    • Indiana Jones IV (2005)
    • Star Wars Episode III (2005)
    • I'm more looking forward to JW's next non-sequel score (200?)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose POA... it was a close call between SW3 and POA, but the prequels tend to disappointing whereas POA is my favorite HP book and I can't wait to see how JW scores the Dementors, Lupin, Sirius and Pettigrew. Hopefully they will all have their own individual themes.

I would have to say Episode III. At least I know what to expect from that one. Since Cuaron signed in for the next Harry Potter and the new Indy is in such early pre-production, I don't have anything to form an opinion on. That's for movies.

And as for scores, I think Harry Potter 3 is next. I liked the first score, the second one had nice new music but didn't have time to develop the old themes, so I hope this time he gets it right. And then there's Episode III, where I like to see how 10 hours' worth of scores are mixed together in what promises to be a very operatic soundtrack with big renditions of themes from both trilogies.

Star Wars for me. I'm very much looking forward to JW redeeming himself for AOTC. Hopefully, JW will put his foot down and refuse to score the movie until it is finished.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Like MaestroJW said, it should be great for Williams to write themes for, as well as expanding on old ones. My next choice is Star Wars and after that Indy.

Ray Barnsbury

hmm I really can't choose between epIII en POA.

I really am curious how williams will make transition from Anakin to lord Vader will be completed, and the seperation from his wife Padmé (and usage of across the stars in this one)

Otherwise I'm curious how he will make the themes for the dementors en sirius black in the next installment of harry potter

Difficult!!

Well lets be realistic, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, will be here a year before the other two, and it doesn't look like John will have a non sequel score until Terminal, at Christmas 2004. So to me the only choice is the nearest one.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is one of JW's best scores. Chamber of Secrets is a great score as well. But Prisoner of Azkaban is the part where things should become truly fantastic.

Marian - ;)

Williams in the CNN interview about Ep3.

"I think working backwards some musical hints like that will be appropriate," he says. "I am looking forward to bringing all those thematic fragments together in the final episode of 'Star Wars' and to pick up what opportunities it'll have for new material, also to sort of round out a whole corpus of musical themes that are all interrelated and connected."

I really look forward to that.it seems.I think Williams is sticking with Star Wars to complete the music which will be like a major symphonic work when it is complete regardless how good or bad the movies actually are.I think Star Wars is the most important work in his career musically and I'm sure he has a lot of pride in it,because he keeps on dooing the scores despites the hacking up of his music in the films(I'm pretty sure it's not because he thinks he owes Lucas anything or needs the money).I always imagined the end of Ep3 he does something of a grandiose "orchestral blowout" finale with all the themes mixed up similar to the the final cue of Wagner's Ring Cycle.

K.M.

i chose POA mainly because i am a HUGE hp fan. It was the Harry Potter scores which first got me interested in Williams' music so i have a very soft spot about those scores. Ep. III is one i am looking forward to, but AOTC was rather disapointing for me and it made me lose anticipation fo ep. III.

I voted for POA with no hesitation

POA with NO hesitation ..

but i'm more looking forward to hearing a king theme in ROTK. . . if we don't stick to JW.

Indiana Jones 4, no doubt.

I don't have much interest on POA, but maybe Cuarón's viewpoint might change the general style of the saga, what means a new challenge for Johnny.

My anticipation is split between POA and his next non-sequel score; A.I., CMIYC, and Minority Report were all great, unique movies that allowed John to show his creativity and experiment. POA offers another opportunity for a fresh approach, not only because of the new director, but the different take of the story altogether. I know that POA won't disappoint.

Episdoe III for certain; excited to see how older themes are revisited and what new ones appear for the large body of Star Wars music. Of course Indiana Jones and Harry Potter will be awesome as well; I suppose I view Star Wars as a more seasoned canvas for Johnny.

Still can't make up my mind... All of them!!! However the one I am worried about is POA.... I don't want him to back out at the last minute because of other commitments.....

Indy IV.

We've heard new Harry Potter.

We've heard new Star Wars.

It's time for new Indy.

BOOYAH!

Although I can't wait to hear EPisode III's score, as long as Lucas doesn't screw around with it, dammit.