How do you listen to your music? (music only, without visual elements)

michael_grig

How do you listen to your music? (music only, without visual elements)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. With which device?

• In-Ear-Headphones
    • Over-Ear-Headphones
    • Stereo-/Surround-Speaker
    • Speaker system of your car
    • TV
    • other (Comment)
  2. 2. What is your situation while listening?

• I listen to it actively more often and do nothing during it.
    • I tend to listen to music while I'm doing something else, so it's in the background.
  3. 3. On which platform?

• YouTube / YouTube Music
    • Spotify
    • Apple Music
    • CD
    • self downloaded tracks
    • radio
    • Tidal
    • Deezer
    • other (Comment)
    • Prime Music
  4. 4. Are you always listening to new / unknown music or do you focus on your favorite / known music?

5. 5. What is your favorite genre?

• Pop
    • Rock
    • Baroque
    • First Viennese School
    • Romantic period music
    • Jazz
    • Film Music (Neoromantic or JW-style)
    • Film Music (Modern or HZ-style)
    • Music of the 20th century / experimental music (Contemporary Classical Music)
    • World Music
    • Metal
    • other (Comment)
    • all of it / no preference
  6. 6. Can music alone make you cry / Has it ever made you do so?

• Yes (Please comment on what piece(s))
    • No
  7. 7. Why do you hear it?

• become immersed in the sound / escape from this world / stop thinking
    • receive the messages that the composer/singer wants to convey (Acquiring emotional maturity or experience)
    • to generate an emotion
    • concentration
    • to analyze it
    • nostalgia (Attachment to past experiences / times)
    • to express my identity
    • other (Comment)
  8. 8. How many minutes a day (average)?

Fun thread.

1. I mostly listen to 'new' scores with my over-ear headphones. When I'm around the house it's either on my bluetooth box or just from my phone. And I have bluetooth in-ear headphones for the gym and other activities
  2. It's mostly evenly devided between only listen and doing it on the background. I have different playslists for during work or walks and stuff.
  3. Samsung Music
  4. New music mostly in the evening or during weekends. During the week it's mostly favourites.
  5. Film Music (scores/songs) from 1930's till now. I listen to a lot of different stuff. There are small period where I listen to more pop/rock/country. But I think 90% of the year is just film music.
  6. Definitely. Music is a big part of my life. And I feel a lot of different emotions when I listen to it. I love that about music.
  7. See above, but also just because it intigues me. I can't really explain it. Music has a special effect on me. I can't live without music.
  8. More than 3 hours a day. There aren't many moments when I'm not in some way surrounded by music or sound in general.

1. Over-ear.

2. Mostly active / Sometimes I start listening while on Youtube for example but after some time I start to focus entirely on the music.

3. Platform... mostly my download library through Audirvana. Otherwise Youtube.

4. Mostly favourite music. If I discover new music then first through Youtube.

5. Genre... JW-type film music but also Zimmer and classical.

6. No, not by itself. In combination with external circumstances, yes.

7.  "become immersed in the sound / escape from this world / stop thinking" .... but also .... "to generate an emotion" and "to analyze it"

3. CD. Except there isn't one for a score. In that case Download

5. 65% JW neoromantic

34% HZ modernstyle

1% Romantic

6. During the three life concerts I went (JW concert, GoT life expirience, Music of Harry Potter) but also when binary sunset starts in Star Wars 4. Or any rendition of the Family theme in Harry Potter 1 (or 4 cough Ravendor Rescore cough).

1. Over-ear studio headphones.
2. ~98% while doing nothing, sometimes I'm working on other tasks at the same time.
3. Downloads and ripped CD's.
4. 99% favorite, 1% new music that often becomes favorite.
5. Neoromantic/JW/film music. Some classical.
6. I've never cried listening to music or watching a film, emotion from entertainment doesn't affect me physically.
7. Uh, because I enjoy it?? :lol: I also analyze, study and write it. Nostalgia of course plays a factor.
8. 1-3 hours on average. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

This poll doesn't have enough choices.

I'm currently listening to music (my own FLACs) outside with my ear buds (because it's hot, I don't use my big headphones outside when it's too hot) and this is my visual element.

16577442201323654405868377758319.jpg

1. With which device?
My over-ear headphones. I had a great one with Bluetooth, but it broke about a couple of weeks ago.

2. What is your situation while listening?
I usually like to do somethings while listening to music, like working, browsing the internet, accessing JWFan (lol) and, depending of the score, reading the review of the music on sites like MMUK. It helps me a lot to understand what I am listening.

3. On which platform?
Spotify, YouTube, downloads

4. Are you always listening to new / unknown music or do you focus on your favorite / known music?
I guess... both? I like discovering new scores and composers. MMUK helps me a lot listening to other, non-Hollywood film music.

5. What is your favorite genre?
Film scores JW-style, HZ-style, JG-style, JH-style, JNH-style... you name it!

6. Can music alone make you cry / Has it ever made you do so?
Not cry, no, but I have a pretty intense relationship with music.

7. Why do you hear it?
All of the available options.

8. How many minutes a day (average)?
One or two albums a day, in average.

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

This poll doesn't have enough choices.

I'm currently listening to music (my own FLACs) outside with my ear buds (because it's hot, I don't use my big headphones outside when it's too hot) and this is my visual element.

16577442201323654405868377758319.jpg

You Eastern Seaboarders and your lush green lawns! Did you know down in L.A. they’re allowed to water their lawns just twice a week for 8 min apiece? Up here in NorCal, it ain’t all that much better. (End rant.)

33 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

You Eastern Seaboarders and your lush green lawns! Did you know down in L.A. they’re allowed to water their lawns just twice a week for 8 min apiece? Up here in NorCal, it ain’t all that much better. (End rant.)

I can water the lawn on odd days, because my adress is odd!

1) In-ear Panasonic RP-HV095 when listening on my phone (evenings in bed, on the bus) or to Tidal at work - satisfied with its sound and only had very bad experiences with randomly trying others; and over-the-ear Philips SHP2500s when doing the listening on my home laptop in MusicBee or Tidal - tried literally every one out at a store where I could try them on and plug them in and I liked this one best.

2) Varies. Complete scores I usually listen to at home in bed paying attention, at most playing some nonogram on my tablet or something in the meantime. On the bus it's stuff that require less attention/I know too well/can be finished in 2 bus rides, at work obviously it's not full focus.

3) Tidal for streaming, MusicBee on laptop and PowerAmp on phone for digital purchases, CD rips and edits of them.

4) Usually known; lately I've been going on discovery journeys though on Tidal and new specialty releases help expand my borders too.

5) I guess JW-like film music? I'm in general more focused on artists/pieces/albums than genres.

6) Absolutely yes, many many score albums, some multiple times. Imagining the film helps though. Return of the King probably holds the amount record.

7) Multiple of the above. In general, just because I like it!

8) Depends on the day; 1-3 hours or more maybe?

Lots of music can make me cry, but it has a lot to do with my general state of mind. For instance, Gryffindor Wins the House Cup choked me up the other day because of nostalgia, but at the same time a lively Irish jig made me emotional because I missed Ireland.