2023 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

On 08/12/2023 at 8:40 PM, BartOss said:

This mp3 sounds awful!! How could they place this recording for awards consideration?? Sounds better on Youtube.

NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE:

Amazon Studios

NOTE:  The previous cues posted for Air were part of the digital book that was recently posted, so the digital book link has been added to the listing.  A digital book was also posted for Saltburn, with 17 cues playing underneath.  I have not conducted a comparison between these new files and the previously-available files, but it's clear that some of these new cues are truncated.

12 hours ago, thx99 said:

It would appear the FYC has been replaced with the OST. However when I click your link it's 18 cues not 17, idk if that's a typo or not.

1 minute ago, Trnsfrmr said:

It would appear the FYC has been replaced with the OST. However when I click your link it's 18 cues not 17, idk if that's a typo or not.

Right, there have been 3 different sets of uploads thus far: the 32-track FYC, the 18-track OST, and the 17-track digital book version…

IMG_0282.jpeg

NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE:

Amazon Studios

• American Fiction (Laura Karpman) [7 cues, 13:11] [NOTE: Not presently visible on the site.]
  • Creed III (Joseph Shirley) [9 cues & 1 song plus duplicate of the song, 39:52] [NOTE: Not presently visible on the site.]

@theeaglesfan005, there are two versions of the training montage in this new set of files for Creed III, one appearing to be a shorter cut of the other, but I suspect that neither is the film version you're after.

3 hours ago, thx99 said:

NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE:

Amazon Studios

• American Fiction (Laura Karpman) [7 cues, 13:11] [NOTE: Not presently visible on the site.]
  • Creed III (Joseph Shirley) [9 cues & 1 song plus duplicate of the song, 39:52] [NOTE: Not presently visible on the site.]

@theeaglesfan005, there are two versions of the training montage in this new set of files for Creed III, one appearing to be a shorter cut of the other, but I suspect that neither is the film version you're after.

Can confirm... not the film version I'm after

Also the cues here are shorter in length than the original FYC :eh:

The digital books for Creed III and American Fiction are now up on the Amazon Studios site, and while I haven’t confirmed it yet, I suspect that the score cues above are associated with these digital books, much like the Air and Saltburn files.

• 2 weeks later...

Bafta usually likes Williams. Slightly surprised about that, but perhaps an indication that DoD hasn't made the splash some may have wanted for awards.

I had a quick skim through the nominations announcement, and evidently not only do the creative awards go into a 'earlier this evening' section but they don't even include those ones in the live nominations stream either.

13 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

had a quick skim through the nominations announcement, and evidently not only do the creative awards go into a 'earlier this evening' section but they don't even include those ones in the live nominations stream either.

The BAFTA's always do they do that. It's kinda disrespectful

I'm not surprised, BAFTA is medium on Williams compared to the Oscars...Oscars have nominated him more times since 2010 than BAFTA has since 2000. And Oscars are more likely to go for the franchise scores as well. 

That said I don't think he'll show up on the Oscar list for Indy 5. If he even has an Achilles heel with awards groups, it tends to be summer releases, sequels, or box office disappointments, and DOD hits the trifecta. 

It would probably be better for JWFanners' blood pressure if he doesn't get nominated - removes the glint of hope for a couple of months that he might win. Given the competition of several very popular movies where token voting may come in, I don't think Williams stands a chance.

Had DoD been universally praised by audiences and critics and been the feel-good nostalgia movie of the summer, could be different, but I don't get the sense that's the case.

We all know Oppenheimer will win every possible award for film music, and maybe some that haven't even been invented yet!

5 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It would probably be better for JWFanners' blood pressure if he doesn't get nominated

I really hope he doesn't.

6 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I don't think Williams stands a chance.

Is there anyone who actually thinks, with all of their heart, that, if (and that's a big if) Williams gets nominated, he has a chance of winning? People might say this, but I imagine this is the equivalent of those Star Wars fans who love saying all over the internet how much better the Holiday Special is than The Last Jedi. Deep down they know it's not true, but they like saying that because scandalous posts get more attention on the internet.

Williams' biggest shot (perhaps his last) to winning an Oscar was last year with The Fabelmans. If he didn't win with The Fablemans, he won't with Indy 5, which had a much less favourable critical reception.

Oscar nominations - JW gets to party for another year:

Music (original score)
American Fiction - Laura Karpman
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - John Williams :)
Killers of the Flower Moon - Robbie Robertson
Oppenheimer - Ludwig Göransson
Poor Things - Jerskin Fendrix

Music (original song)
The Fire Inside — Flamin' Hot
I'm Just Ken — Barbie
It Never Went Away — American Symphony
Wahzhazhe (A Song for My People) — Killers of the Flower Moon
What Was I Made For? — Barbie

• 2 weeks later...

The Grammy for "best score soundtrack for visual media (incl. film & TV)" went to:

Song went to:

What Was I Made For? — Barbie

JW did win an award! For:

Instrumental Composition for Helena's Theme

All of these were in the pre-show (oh my).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Oscar for original score went to:

Song went to:

What Was I Made For? - Barbie

Echo and What If season 2 hirez soundtracks available.

What if has one extra track compared to the version on qobuz but I'm not familiar with the show to say what it is, maybe it's from the first season even.

Has anyone tried figuring out Loki2vol2?

Edit:

Also red white royal blue on amazon.

As well as maxines baby.

Edit2:

Still on apple. Tracklisting seems like the OST at first glance but it's not exactly.

NEW SCORES/SONGS/UPDATE AVAILABLE:

Amazon Prime Video

Apple Original Films

Focus Features

Netflix

Searchlight Pictures

Walt Disney

Kudos to @filip for the heads-up on all these, except for The Holdovers which I discovered even though it's not "advertised" on the Focus Features site.

There was an overhaul on amazon's site.

One track in Corsets and Clownsuits (though I think this was already there before).

Some tracks from the first episode of Expats up with 2024 in web title. Guess we're officially in 2024 era.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE:

Walt Disney

Kudos to @filip for the heads-up on the addition of the Volume 2 tracks, expanding the offerings from 25 cues to 56 cues!!

disney's bad batch final season vol1 hirez

disney's renegade nell cdquality (boooo)

apple's masters of the air /score mp3 (seems like the same as official digital release, think I might buy it after sampling the fyc)

also mick jaggers song for slow horses

ps. @thx99you don't need to mention me XD