William Ross Collaboration on HP

Dr. Know

What do you all think about the news that JW will collaborate on HP: Chamber of Secrets. I have long been an admirer of William Ross's scores -- especially T-Rex (Imax), My Dog Skip and Tin Cup. Nevertheless, it is a bit of a disappointment to hear that Ross will be collaborating with JW on this project.

Any other thoughts on Ross and what he will bring to this collaboration?

There are actually two threads about this right now. But sure one more couldn't hurt:

I hate it.

It sucks.

The worst that could happen.

Must be bullshit.

William Ross must be destroyed.

What's that fellow doing, bearing my name?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Whoops, somehow I missed the other thread below, in which everyone is already whining and moaning. Oh, well. Let's hope for the best!

So Ross, you're no relation?

If it were, I would be changing my last name quickly.

-ROSS, who hates it when he sees his name all over the place referring to other guy, like when going to a Friends website.

EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Stop your bitching, you don't even know if this news is accurate, and i'm sure you never heard a note Mr. Ross composed.

You are just about the worst fanboy i have ever seen, except FSM's David Max and Dan Hobgood.

And while you are at it, are you afraid to use your real name, while bashing Mr. Ross, only a coward like you would hide behind a screen name.

Bye

Fart.

This is really a pitty. But maybe Ross can do this well. But I am not hopeful. I'll perhaps only here th 40 minutes compoed by John. The Sorceres/Philosophers Stone was a good Score. But composing the Chamber of Secrets as well as the first Score is really difficult. I have high expectations, but I am afraid that Ross couldn't match them.

But I shouldn't be prejudiced against Ross. Maybe he can do this. :roll:

:):(:(

It sucks. I'm trying being optimistic in that Williams is composing all the new themes, but this whole thing is still crap. I am very let down by it. I understand that Mr. Williams is very busy, but that does't change my disappointment. Mr. Ross had BETTER use the themes well, and resort back to previous themes when necessary (i.e. memories of Harry's parents, Quidditch, Nimbus 2000, etc). Do you think Williams will help map out the score with Ross, suggesting when and where to use the music? I hope so. :cry:

Ray Barnsbury

We can only hope that the 40 minutes of John's music will make the cd.

Joe, who finds it humorous that he was insulted by a piece of shit today. I must point out that it is infinitely better to be insulted by a piece of shit, that to be that said piece of shit. :)

And I find it even funnier that the fecal matter actually private messaged me to insult me as well.

Joe, who finds it humorous that he was insulted by a piece of shit today.  I must point out that it is infinitely better to be insulted by a piece of shit, that to be that said piece of shit. :devil:

And I find it even funnier that the fecal matter actually private messaged me to insult me as well.

:confused:

Mr. Ross had BETTER use the themes well, and resort back to previous themes when necessary (i.e. memories of Harry's parents, Quidditch, Nimbus 2000, etc).

I'm sure he will! :devil:

Do you think Williams will help map out the score with Ross, suggesting when and where to use the music?  I hope so.  :cry:

I don't think William Ross needs John Williams' help in that regard.

Now that it has had time to sink in, it seems like a number of people on this board are willing to see the glass half full (including myself). If the Williams/Ross collaboration makes it possible for Williams to score Catch Me, and perhaps even make progress on some new concert works, then more power to him! I'm sure the themes will be pure Williams, and Ross will undoubtedly do a serviceable job mickey-mousing the action. Let's hope for a good album. I'm willing to be optimistic!

It's not as if this is the first time Williams has been "lazy" -- how about Home Alone 2: Lost in New York? Sure, there's new material, and it's fantastic, but an appreciable amount is lifted straight from Home Alone.

I wonder if the score will be credited to both Williams and Ross...wouldn't that make it ineligible for an Oscar nomination?

Joe, who finds it humorous that he was insulted by a piece of shit today.  I must point out that it is infinitely better to be insulted by a piece of shit, that to be that said piece of shit. :devil.

I AM NOT A PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Better take that back, Walter.

Stefancos- angered and dissapointed with Walter. :devil: :cry:

Hehe. Either you are the piece of shit or you don't know about the piece of shit. :?

Had I known it was you, I really would have been much nastier, an more creative in my insults. :twisted:

As for an apology, eat $#@% and live :mrgreen:

I really thought it was funny though, I wasn't bothered and I hope your not either. :)

Had I known it was you, I really would have been much nastier, an more creative in my insults. :twisted:

We might even have seen the ressurection of Stefancos 2?

As for an apology, eat $#@% and live :mrgreen:

Well, if those pancakes arent done in the next 5 minutes i may consider it.

I really thought it was funny though, I wasn't bothered and I hope your not either. :)

How can I be bothered by a fellow Trekkie. :)

Stefancos- who knows and likes 2 people from Arkansas...Joe, and Monica's ex boyfriend. :)

Harry,

with all this controversy going around, it's a wonder your post counts aren't HIGHER!

(just a small joke!)

I thought we established the fact that I was Stefancos 2 a long time ago,

It seems I was mistaken.

What do you all think about the news that JW will collaborate on HP: Chamber of Secrets.  I have long been an admirer of William Ross's scores -- especially T-Rex (Imax

Hey i would like to see that (but no IMAX cinemas in my city) Anyways how good is the movie? Special effects and so, are they alike Jurassic Park?

They are not at all like Jurassic Park. They work, but they are not nearly as good as JP or LW.

T-Rex is an abysmal Imax film. The script and acting are amateurish, to say the least. It was *painful* to watch. The special effects were not in the same class as JP. The only thing worthwhile is the score, available on a hard to find promo. Sweeping themes, lush orchestration, everything you would want in an Imax score.

Harry,  

with all this controversy going around,  it's a wonder your post counts aren't HIGHER!

(just a small joke!)

I guess I'm waiting for something, but I don't know what.

~Harry, confused at himself

T-Rex is an abysmal Imax film.  The script and acting are amateurish, to say the least.  It was *painful* to watch.  The special effects were not in the same class as JP.  The only thing worthwhile is the score, available on a hard to find promo.  Sweeping themes, lush orchestration, everything you would want in an Imax score.

Can I download it?

Okay guys, now going back to the topic . . . .

Let's face it. Who better than William Ross to do this?

·His name is composed of Williams' last name and my first name, therefore the guy has to be good. :mrgreen:

·I remember a LOT of reviews bashing the score to "My Dog Skip" because it sounded TOO much like Williams in his early days. It shocked so much to see a "little Wiliams" out there that I still keep those reviews, from summer 2000.

·It could've been James Horner!

·What do you want, another AOTC with music from Sorcerer's Stone? (by the way, AOTC stands for Attack of the Cuts, my personal title for Ep.II)

·Or maybe you would prefer William Ross to compose Catch me if you can when, after all, we already have a popularly acclaimed Harry Potter score.

As Dickens said: Gentlemen, let's be serious . . . :)

-ROSS, trying to hide his smirk so as not to ruin the seriousness.

Gamecube -- if you email the poster over at movie music, he will email you back the url where you can find a Ross sampler. There are several sections from T-Rex, including the stirring finale.

• 21 years later...

21 years later and we still don't know how much (if at all) of Chamber William Ross actually wrote by himself. We're only slightly less in the dark compared to those days.