Lurker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$11.98.

I'm going to pay more than double for it here in Europe :|

why pay double, do you have limited choices, that must suck.

I plan on letting everyone freak Tuesday and buy it various places and then I will come in later and get it the cheapest possible.

Maybe I'm being naive, or evil, or maybe making too much sense, but, is it me or does it matter which version is purchased where in order to get a "free" bonus track?

I mean, between the internet and the internet and the internet it shouldn't be a problem to eventually, um, acquire as many bonus tracks as there can possibly be....which, really, how many bonus tracks can there possibly be?

I plan on letting everyone freak Tuesday and buy it various places and then I will come in later and get it the cheapest possible.

A cunning plan I intend to follow, made easier by the fact I can't get it until Tuesday night at the earliest anyway. :|

well J.C. I wasn't going to add that part, I was told yesterday at work, to plan on opening mail all day Tuesday, and not plan on any treks outside the office.

Yeah, and I'm going to be reading high school essays all day with no break long enough to get to a store, so I don't know which of us is worse off. ;)

:| - SW Episode III- Anakin's Dream- AOL Listening Party

Wasn't it Star Wars:  Star Wars - Star Wars?

Neil

I dont know but the Episode thingy, goes with NUMERALS.

I hope you get the hint.

Ah, i fear the bonus track may be the Dialogue version of BOTH :|

My shift starts at 0600...I wonder if Wal-Mart will have it out by then so I can stop by on the way to work and get it...but that won't help me get it onto the iPod so I can listen to it at work.....sheesh...the moral dilemma

Wait....Target has a bonus download too?

I'm starting to think they are all the same bonus track. Regardless, I know WalMart will beat or match that price...

I've pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk for £8.99, about $17 (boy, do they overcharge us but we get an 'exclusive slipcase' as well :roll: ) and should have it probably on Tuesday.

And if the bonus tracks are anything better than dialogue versions; well they'll turn up online fairly quickly :|

So, er... can anyone give a short overview/update as to the different versions of the soundtrack (preferably without any spoilers): different cases? promo single? where which bonus tracks?...

So, er... can anyone give a short overview/update as to the different versions of the soundtrack (preferably without any spoilers): different cases? promo single? where which bonus tracks?...

As far as we know there's really not much: only 1 cover, bonus DVD with all of them. There is a promo single of Battle of the Heroes.

The only question was the tracklist, and the AOL Listening Party was the final confirmation that the tracklist on the score's page here, the one that leaked, is the correct final one.

As for the bonus track(s), your guess is as good as anyone's here. Too much unconfirmed info. :?

I'm getting nervous about this "free download" business. Is it a bonus track that comes with the CD, or is it a track you can download when you pre-order it online? Because I have no intention of pre-ordering it. I was planning on buying it at Wal-Mart on May 3rd, and I thought that the bonus track would be with it. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Ted

I was planning on buying it at Wal-Mart on May 3rd, and I thought that the bonus track would be with it. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Ted

It seems far beyond the powers and skills of Sony to inform potential customers about their product :|

Well, I just checked my Target ad. The ROTS soundtrack is in there, with "free digital download" over it...but so is a Ray Charles CD. On the one hand, that makes me think it's just any old download--you can download any one song for free. On the other hand, though, I don't recall Target having an online music download store (although Wal-Mart does), which makes me think that perhaps it is an exclusive score track. So, I just thought I'd share that with you guys. Some food for thought.

Target may not have the ability, like you said, but I bet Sony does...so I can see this download being a link at Target's site that re-directs you to Sony...and it may be that way for the entire bonus thing for everyone...

What?!!!??!! ;):angry::angry:

Well, it says two bonus tracks expected, so maybe we won't be getting gipped.

And yeah, the link idea sounds about right, Wedge.

Not that I really want the dialogue version... but it would be funny if the only country that got English dialogue was Japan ;)

Seems like an idea Sony might come up with :angry:

CDの発売のために特別に制作された素晴らしい70分のDVDには、ジョン・ウィリアムズがこれまで『スター・ウォーズ』作品のために書いてきた忘れがたい映画スコア全作から選ばれた楽曲の最新ミュージック・ビデオが16本収録されており、視聴者がサーガ全体を時代別に追っていけるように、時間軸に沿って構成されています。それぞれの楽章は俳優のイアン・マクダーミド(映画でパルパティーン最高議長を演じています)によって紹介され、映画の様々な場面がモンタージュとして組み合わされており、元のセリフや効果音までもが盛り込まれています。バックに流れるのは最新リミックスを施され、5.1チャンネル・サラウンドでリマスターされたウィリアムズの伝説的なスコアです。最新作のスコアのためにウィリアムズが書いたメイン・テーマ、「Battle of the Heroes」もルーカスフィルムによって制作されたミュージック・ビデオでフィーチャーされています。

That just isn't fair!

Neil

CDの発売のために特別に制作された素晴らしい70分のDVDには、ジョン・ウィリアムズがこれまで『スター・ウォーズ』作品のために書いてきた忘れがたい映画スコア全作から選ばれた楽曲の最新ミュージック・ビデオが16本収録されており、視聴者がサーガ全体を時代別に追っていけるように、時間軸に沿って構成されています。それぞれの楽章は俳優のイアン・マクダーミド(映画でパルパティーン最高議長を演じています)によって紹介され、映画の様々な場面がモンタージュとして組み合わされており、元のセリフや効果音までもが盛り込まれています。バックに流れるのは最新リミックスを施され、5.1チャンネル・サラウンドでリマスターされたウィリアムズの伝説的なスコアです。最新作のスコアのためにウィリアムズが書いたメイン・テーマ、「Battle of the Heroes」もルーカスフィルムによって制作されたミュージック・ビデオでフィーチャーされています。

That just isn't fair!

Neil

Hey, this was already announced in my Temple of Doom booklet!

Translation from google:

Was produced especially for selling the CD in the DVD of splendid 70 parts, John * Williams so far ' up-to-date music * video  of the music which is chosen from the forgetting がたい movie score all work which is written because of the star * wars ' work 16 to be  recorded, in order for the viewer to be able to keep chasing moth the  whole sir classified by age, it is constituted alongside the time  base.  The respective movement I of the actor the un *  マクダーミド (is introduced with the movie パルパティーン highest chairman is played) by, the various scenes of the movie is  combined, as the montage are included also original lines and to  effective sound.  Flowing to the back is administered up-to-date Lee  mix, it is legendary score of Williams's who the Lima star is done  with 5.1 channels * サラウンド.  Fee char it is done with the  music * video which is produced the main * theme which Williams writes because of score of the up-to-date work, the " Battle of the Heroes "  by the Lucas film.

$11.98.

I'm going to pay more than double for it here in Europe ;)

Here in Austria you can get the CD for about 13 Euros :angry: