The Guess the Screenshot game

Correct. The scene with Kevin Costner and Walter Matthau on the plane. Screenshot taken when Walter looks out of the window at the White House.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't claim I knew, as I barely remember the movie. But I knew at least one of them was in it.

The movie I was about to watch stopped after 40 minutes because the DVD is scratched, so that screenshot has to wait until I get it replaced. Here's what I watched instead:

screenshot_59.png

I saw this movie not long ago but I can't remember for the life of me what it is..

I do remember this image and that it's part of a long shot.

Is this at the very beginning of the movie Marian?

• 2 weeks later...
Second one is Die Hard. Who could forget that lens flare?

D'oh! Of course, it's so obvious! I feel stupid. Good job!

And what I like more about that shot is how Michael Kamen's score accentuates the lens flare at that exact moment. :)

Speed was a great debut by Jan De Bont. His DP work on Basic Instinct will never be surpassed.

De Bont is a pretty bad director. Speed is great, but it's horrendous sequel and Twister are bad. He likes Mark Mancina though, so he's cool. Dun dun dah Jan De Bont!

I hope he never makes Meg, though it appears he's no longer attached to direct. Here's a nice photo.

And what I like more about that shot is how Michael Kamen's score accentuates the lens flare at that exact moment. :)

It's a very inspired score. In fact, the entire movie is very inspired. The cinematography is gorgeous.

Anyway, what about the other screenshot?

Uh... Sense and Sensibility (Emma T.'s version)

EDIT: When I posted this, the post above me was blank. Now there's a picture of a cat. Who's been putting a little something extra in my Dr. Pepper?

Neither did I (and all I'd seen him in before was The Blue Max). I bought it for €4 without having ever seen it and adored it. Few things are as wonderful as discovering a classic movie like this.

I must admit that I kind of got a man crush for George Peppard after watching a movie. I only started watching Audrey Hepburn movies around last october, when browsing through the DVD collection of the library here at school I found that they had How to steal a million. I got it and my girlfriend and I loved it. After that we got Roman Holiday (pretty good as well) and then we watched Breakfast. It is amazing how gorgeous Audrey was.

Now if someone could give me a hand with a little problem I have uploading pictures, I'd gladly add another screenshot.

When I hit reply, The "Attachments" bar at the bottom says

Select a file

Attachment space used 484.12K of 500K. So every time I try to upload an image it tells me that I don't have enough space. Any ideas why?

It is amazing how gorgeous Audrey was.

Indeed.

Attachment space used 484.12K of 500K. So every time I try to upload an image it tells me that I don't have enough space. Any ideas why?

I think attachment space is limited per thread. I upload all my screenshots to my webserver and link them there.

Speaking of which, here's another classic:

screenshot_63.png

Now if someone could give me a hand with a little problem I have uploading pictures, I'd gladly add another screenshot.

Select a file

I couldn't figure that out for a long time. Whenever you upload a file, it stays uploaded forever until you manually delete. If you go to My Controls on the left side towards the bottom it should say something like Manage Attachments. There you can delete all the things you've uploaded in the past. I had like 10 dancing locks :lol:

Select a file

I couldn't figure that out for a long time. Whenever you upload a file, it stays uploaded forever until you manually delete. If you go to My Controls on the left side towards the bottom it should say something like Manage Attachments. There you can delete all the things you've uploaded in the past. I had like 10 dancing locks ;)

A ha! Many thanks sir. I'll upload some screenshot sometime soon then :)