What RotS Unreleased Cue do you want the most?

King Mark

What Cue do you want toe most  

55 members have voted

1. 1.

• 3M3 Palpatine's Big Pitch
    • 2M7 Be Carefull of Your Friend
    • 4M6 I Am The Senate
    • 3M5/3M6 Goodbye Old Friend/Going to Utapau Film Versions w/Force Theme
    • 5M4 Swimming,Droids,Yoda Farewell(includes ObiWan contacts the Tantive 4 and escapes from Utapau)
    • 6M1 It Can't Be(Complete Film Version)
    • 6M3 Padme's Visit(includes obi confronts Anakin)
    • 6M7 The Boys Continue
    • 7M6 Padme's Funeral
    • 7M7 Plans for the Twins
    • other

Well?If you had brief acess to the Master Tapes and could only rip ONE cue?The cues listed is what I think are the best unreleased ones,there are others,but seem less interesting.I consider the videoogame music as now "released" music.

All of these would have fit on the c.d. had they used the full capacity and not put all the redundant material.Imagine that...

K.M.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsssss, I dunno... "Padme's Visit," I guess, for the wonderful use of the lament theme (not to mention other thematic statements) and its slow, powerful build to "Heroes Collide."

Other highlights include the film version of "Goodbye Old Friend," (the twenty seconds of the Force theme alone are worth it, there's some other good stuff in it as well), "Swimming, Droids, Yoda Farewell" (only noticeable statement of Yoda's theme in score - great), and "Padme's Funeral" (unlike "Padme's Destiny," it actually does something interesting with the funeral music).

The complete I Am The Senate, including the Imperial March and Emperor's Theme statements as Anakin becomes Darth Vader, pre-suit. Padme's Visit and the complete Finale come close after.

Be carefull of your Friend has those electrifying chords at the end

As far as dark Williams music goes,Palpatine's Big Pitch is facinating

I Am the Senate contains a BRASS action cue,something we haven't had in a while

Padme's Visit,as you said ,plus for that somber/sad middle part

Swimming/Droids/Yoda Farewell.A highlight of the score.Incredibe new military motif

Padme's Funeral.Gorgeous

Goodbye Olds Friend/Going to Utapau.Some of the best force Theme statements of the prequels.

KM. :mrgreen: who voted for Swimming.Droids and Yoda Farewell

You know they do this on purpose, not just Star Wars but all Williams OSTs. Put as many mediocre/bad cues on the CD as the good/great ones in the name of "balance" and "a complete listening experience", leaving all this great music to salivate over and beg for a complete release. :roll:

John- turning into KM, but with better grammar. :mrgreen:

The complete I Am The Senate, including the Imperial March and Emperor's Theme statements as Anakin becomes Darth Vader, pre-suit.

Is it just me or is every instance of the Emperor's theme rescored or tracked? First we have the tail end of 3M1 "Council Meeting" being dialed out and rescored, then the videogame version of "Palpatine's Seduction" doesn't include the Emperor's theme, and "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" is mostly unused in the film - replaced by the Emperor's theme. As if that wasn't enough, the videogame version of "Anakin Crawling" doesn't include it (the first chord in the videogame version is the beginning of the cue, but then it "cuts" to the music after Sidious lands). Hell, there could be only two original versions of the Emperor's theme in this score ("Enter Lord Vader" and "Anakin Crawling," when Sidious arrives at Coruscant).

Is it just me or is every instance of the Emperor's theme rescored or tracked? First we have the tail end of 3M1 "Council Meeting" being dialed out and rescored, then the videogame version of "Palpatine's Seduction" doesn't include the Emperor's theme, and "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" is mostly unused in the film - replaced by the Emperor's theme. As if that wasn't enough, the videogame version of "Anakin Crawling" doesn't include it (the first chord in the videogame version is the beginning of the cue, but then it "cuts" to the music after Sidious lands). Hell, there could be only two original versions of the Emperor's theme in this score ("Enter Lord Vader" and "Anakin Crawling," when Sidious arrives at Coruscant).

Yes,good observation.I think it may be the case.I noticed that in Palpatine's Seduction,It's very clear the Emperors theme wasn't there originally and is edited in,and Palpatine onstructs anakin could be tracked from RotJ.

K.M.

Also,we got a fair share of crappy cues on the c.d. I wouldn't miss at all if they had been omitted for any of the above:

Such as:

The Elevator Scene

Palpatine's TV Set

Council Meeting

Padme's Ruminations

Palpatine Instructs Anakin

A Moody Trip

K.M.

Yes,good observation.I think it may be the case.I noticed that in Palpatine's Seduction,and Palpatine onstructs anakin could be tracked from RotJ.

Some closer observations:

- The end of the film version of "Council Meeting" sounds like a tracking job. Part of it contains "Anakin Crawling." The Emperor's theme doesn't match any other statement, though.

- The Emperor's theme replaces a portion of the videogame version of "Palpatine's Seduction." Nothing is cut from it.

- The statement of the Emperor's Theme after "I Am the Senate" sounds the same as in "Palpatine's Seduction." This is probably the original cue that it was taken from. Speaking of cues, this whole thing has to be "Palpatine Instructs Anakin," meaning the album version is incomplete. The second Emperor's theme, with chorus, sounds the same as the two at the end of the film.

- The short cello quote of Vader's Theme in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" sounds the same as the unreleased bit of "The Birth of the Twins."

- The statement of the Emperor's Theme when Palpatine arrives at Coruscant sounds the same as the choral one in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin." This cue isn't suggested by the cue sheets, and there's a rough edit during the shot of Vader being carried in. Probably all tracked.

So

1)A bit of Palpatine Instructs Anakin is unreleased,that is the 1st statement of the Emperor's theme only,the rest is tracked from the birth scene

2)We have Palpatine's Seduction complete

3)We have a bit of Anakin Crawling missing(Emperor's theme)

4)We have a complete Council Meeting

K.M.

1)A bit of Palpatine Instructs Anakin is unreleased,that is the 1st statement of the Emperor's theme only,the rest is tracked from the birth scene

Only the bit with Vader's Theme (during "Go to the Jedi Temple...") sounds tracked. There is some other music not on the album... but then, I don't know what the other music is, because the album tracks covers most of the scene, from when Palpatine puts on his hood.

3)We have a bit of Anakin Crawling missing(Emperor's theme)

Sounds like it's tracked from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

So finally Anakin Crawling could be complete on the video game cue?The videogame cue doesn't sound edited at all.

Recap:

Council Meeting:Complete

Anakin Crawling:Complete

Palpatine's Seduction:Complete

Palpatine Instructs Anakin:Missing Emperor's Theme statements

Birth of the Twins:Missing Emperor's Theme statement

k.M.

[

- The short cello quote of Vader's Theme in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" sounds the same as the unreleased bit of "The Birth of the Twins."

Hmm,the statement of Vadre's theme at the end of The birth of the Twins sounds like it might be tracked.

K.M.

Anakin Crawling:Complete
Birth of the Twins:Missing Emperor's Theme statement

Depends when "Birth of the Twins" starts. I don't remember the Hyperspace reports describing the Emperor's theme in this cue. As I said, I think it's tracked from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin." Then there's also that music for Yoda's meditation with the Immolation theme, and the Force theme as Obi-Wan arrives. After that is the Emperor's Theme... it sounds the same as in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin," except there's a little flourish at the beginning with a horn note. After that is the unreleased beginning of "The Birth of the Twins."

I think the Immolation-based music is still part of "Anakin Crawling," because it basically goes like this:

- "Anakin Crawling" (videogame)

- "Anakin Crawling" (unreleased Immolation/Force theme music)

- tracked? Emperor's theme

- "The Birth of the Twins"

There's no place for that Immolation music other than "Anakin Crawling."

I voted for I am the Senate, but to be honest all of them are fantastic. One which is not there (I don't think at least) is "Scenes and Dreams" music, for the reunion of Padme and Anakin. In the film, that section (up to Grievous travels to Lord Sidious) is gorgeous.

• 1 year later...

I chose other because I'd ask Williams how he really would have scored the film if Lucas hadn't gone crazy in the editing room on TPM.

most of that track doesn't bother me. There are moments in each, but the only ones that really don't have any release are the "Be Careful of Your Friend" and the more exciting part of "Palpatine's Big Pitch."

I don't get the enthusiasm for "Be Careful of Your Friend." It's ominous to the point of sounding cartoonish, and very evident of Williams's misguided approach to scoring the prequels (at least, Clones and Sith) as corny, old adventure flicks, rather than the darker, introspective films they aim to be (what they actually are is, of course, a totally different story).

I don't get the enthusiasm for "Be Careful of Your Friend." It's ominous to the point of sounding cartoonish, and very evident of Williams's misguided approach to scoring the prequels (at least, Clones and Sith) as corny, old adventure flicks, rather than the darker, introspective films they aim to be (what they actually are is, of course, a totally different story).

It doesn't matter what scene it scored,it's how cool it sounds.That's what amazing about Willliams,he can still make the smallest passages of music something that we can obsess over.No other composer can arrange chords like this.Same with that passage in Palpatine's Big Pitch

Yeah, I just find it (and pieces like "Another Happy Landing" and "Arrival at Utapau") not at all in line with the compositional vision put forth by "Battle of the Heroes," "Anakin's Dark Deeds," etc. These pieces seem to predate the film; "Be Careful of Your Friend" should have been in Attack of the Clones. It fits the scene - Lucas screwed that one up by wasting time in the previous films and having to foreshadow everything in the first half of Sith that should have been foreshadowed in Clones - but Williams did not attempt to go beyond the constraints of the film and compose music that suggests we are nearer to witnessing Anakin's fall; instead (as the film called for), he wrote more of the Clones-style mystery music.

I'm dying to hear the following:

A Tall Ship.

Pain and Prophecy

Cosmic Thoughts

Plot Course

The Mind Meld

Me too.

We don't serve your kind here.