Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

there was other music but I thought it was all released. I will go back when I get home tonight and look through it all again: double check.

Now that I think about it... there might be something but again, I'm not sure.

Sorry guys :thumbup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KM ya I can send you my edit. It'll be a bit rough at least until GoodMusician man can try again at it to see if it the music goes through more or not for that cue. I think you might be right GoodMusician man that the music probably quit when you died, then re-started again. If you can just spectate during the game that would probably work.

it didn't quite work when I first tried it. I remember that some odd music played when I got into the hanger of the enemy ship. I think that might still be on my computer. I will check when I get home.

It's ok,there's no new unreleased music in there.The Get Em R2 cue loops just before it ends,and is still missing the last 5 seconds.Nothing you can do about that.The rest is released General Grevious action music.

Were up to 16 Minutes of Unreleased Music overall.It's becomming an impressive RotS Expanded Edition.

K.M.

It's ok,there's no new unreleased music in there.The Get Em R2 cue loops just before it ends,and is still missing the last 5 seconds.Nothing you can do about that.The rest  is released General Grevious action music.

Were up to 16 Minutes of Unreleased Music overall.It's becomming an impressive RotS Expanded Edition.

K.M.

Yup you're right about that. Thanks for your efforts though GoodMusician. Glad to finally have "Get 'em, R2!" even if it's missing 5 seconds of music.

Perhaps the full version of Battlefront 2 will have more than 1 Coruscant level and will hopefully have the last 5 seconds of "Get 'em, R2!"

It'll be intresting to see what other music the other planets have. No doubt though Hoth will have OT music and same for Jabba's Palace. Guess we'll find out in 20 days.

I agree with you by the way KM that this is becoming an impressive expanded edition.

I'm trying to get a grasp of the music still missing:

Approximate times:

Very Important Cues Still Missing:

Death of Count Dooku:?

Revisiting Padme:1:50

Be Carefull of Your Friend:1:30(very cool chords at the end)

The Story of Darth Plageis:3:30(I love this for some reason)

I Am the Senate:2:30(great action music)

Yoda Leaves Kasshyk:0:40(a highlight)

Padme's Visit on Mustafar:4:30(another highlight of the score)

The Boys Continue:missing 1:10(amazing)

Padme's Funeral:1:00

Plans for the Twins:1:00

A New Hope:missing 20 seconds

So there's still 15 minutes or so we really need,were halfway there.

The rest is more or less plodding underscore for the Anakin-Padme-ObiWan scenes(1st half of It Can't Be,News of the Attack),tracked Emperor's theme..ect..

K.M.

Well, those 5 seconds we are still missing of Get 'Em R2 are apparently crucial. I'm not sure we can insert them into a Battle of Coruscant track until we get those last few seconds. I don't think you can just attach that Galaxies file to it...so here's to hoping we get those 5 or so seconds soon!

EDIT: I'm sure someone else has noticed this, but I might as well post it. If yout ake the end of the rebelfanfare file and impose it over the beginning, you now get a clean beginning to Get 'Em R2 and it will probably fit in your edit a lot nicer.

I just checked it, and yes, Get Em R2 is completely there, in order, except for the end. The last third of the track isn't from that scene though, I didn't bother to find an exact point where it stops until we get those few seconds that are missing.

Good news! I managed to record the entire track featuring "Going to Utapau." It now underscores the entire conversation between Obi-Wan and Tion Medon (followed by some music from "Enter Lord Vader"). However, the music from 1:11 to 1:24.5 I don't recognize - it wasn't in the film, not in this sequence, anyway.  

it.

It sounds like it was recorded this way,so it must be the original ending to that cue.It seems like some of the alternate Going to Utapau (Galaxies file)was tracked at the end for the film version.

K.M.

:nono:

Whoa! All but 5 seconds of "Get 'Em R2!" That's good news! And I'm looking forward to your edit instructions for "Going to Utapu," Cerrabore. :wave:

Question: Does "Dialogue With Mace" start with the timpani, or the strings?

yeah this is my first post with this name, but i have been a member here for over a year, originally under the name sidliam, look back and you will see my older posts. So can somebody please pm me a link, i havent been back here for a while, and have mist all the hype surrounding this ftp.

I doubt there's going to be an exception...you still got to have quite a lot more posts...the FTP was hacked a couple of weeks ago...so that's why we're being weary on who to give it out to.....

In my opinion I don't think anyone here who has gotten the link should give it out to others they don't know unless asked by Cerrabore or Skylark first...

Going Great for me :music:

The difference in quality between the OST material and these files is the only thing that lets it down really.... :)

I doubt there's going to be an exception...you still got to have quite a lot more posts...the FTP was hacked a couple of weeks ago...so that's why we're being weary on who to give it out to.....

In my opinion I don't think anyone here who has gotten the link should give it out to others they don't know unless asked by Cerrabore or Skylark first...

Didn't Cerrabore say we can ask for the link ten days after we sign up here? That is to say, if we don't just leave the account inactive for the week and a half.

I agree,only Cerrabore or Skylark should give out the link when they deem it appropriate.

K.M.One of the Original Elders of this MB

Yeah, I think it should be up to Skylark and Cerrabore. If you want to manually send someone the file, then that's of course okay, but as far as links go, I think it's gotta stay with the people who have it.

I also think that the waiting list should be longer than 10 days, because it may take that whole 10 days to get all the files up, and what good would it do to have it hacke dbefore the people who've been using the ftp for a while can even get the files?

Well if people are feeling insecure about giving me the link then thats ok, just tell me where you got the music from and ill go get it myself, no problem. I already have some unreleased stuff from ROTS, some stuff from numerous parts of the film including a different version of the end duel which has a lot of loud drums in it, unlike the album version, its from an accoming game or something. Is that where this other stuff comes from?

Okay, if anyone can answer these about the ROTS Expanded, I'd appreciate it very much.

1. For Padme's Visit on disc 2, does that include the orchestral rendition of Lament for when Anakin and Obi-Wan confront each other on the landing pad?

2. Does The Boys Continue on disc 2 have the cue playing when Anakin and Obi-Wan clash in front of the eruption in the background (it's the musical climax that cuts off when gears shift to Yoda crawling through the little tunnel)?

I'm not sure what your taling about.A 2 disk expanded set?Padme's Visit is not on any videogame yet.That cue starts when Padme lands on Mustafar untill Obi Wan and Anakin start to duel...still unreleased.First it starts by Across the Stars,then some dark underscore with a recurring motif not on any cue we have yet,then the orchestral Lament.

K.M.

"The Boys Continue" cue does not have the music played after "Yoda Falls", it start when Yoda is crawling through the service conduit and contacts Bail up to the point with Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting on the bridge and the bridge collapsing down into the river of lava. However the variation for Battle Of The Heroes has been edited out.

Hopefully Trials Of Obi-Wan will have these two pieces...

KM is right about the "Reunion With Anakin" cue though...

Someone had mentioned they'd sythned a clean "boom boom" of the timpani for the begining of ROTS. I was wondering If I could get a hold of that. I've been working on my version and I figured out how to loop that underneath the begining. The problm is you can still kinda hear the hiss and I can't clean it up at all.

Could I maybe get that whoever had it?

I was just curious because I've finished my edit but it could probably sound a litle cleaner if I had that drum beat clean. I wish we had those 10 seconds lol

I PMmed it to you...

Seeing as it's my own original thing and not copyrighted music... Can I post the link here? or not.. o_O

Wow, great update at the ftp. Now we have all the needed ROTS music, don't we? Hopefully we can get that Nick Gillard thing now? :)

Got a question, maybe someone can help me out. Is the cue listing for Yoda Strikes Back correct? Because it says that you have to use part of the DVD rip, but the file from the ftp doesn't run long enough to include the times listed.

There's definately a recurring "Republic Fanfare" motif.It appears proeminently in Another Happy Landing and Going to Utapau.Should be added in my themes analysis.

Anyone spotted this motif anywhere else?

K.M.

Can someone pm me a link to the ftp, currently downloadiing the battlefront 2 demo but im not good at all this ripping stuff. Sounds like the pros have done a good job mashing at all together from different sources.

Liamsid stop asking us for the link please. That is not up to us to decide. That is up to Skylark and Cerrabore. If you want the link try pming one of them to see if they can send it to you. It all depends on what their answer is, not ours.