Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

I Am the Senate is not new enough for you?

See,I told you everyone that would be the next cue released!

What an amazing cue too.Still not sure what's missing from it because I can't hear it at all in the film mix.

Mark

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Am the Senate is not new enough for you?

See,I told you everyone that would be the next cue released!

What an amazing cue too.Still not sure what's missing from it because I can't hear it at all in the film mix.

Mark

I was hoping you'd be right. hehe With this music from the new Galaxies patches, this is giving me high hopes on how much more unreleased Sith music we'll be getting from Trials Of Obi-Wan which I will be reciving in my e-mail tomorrow, yay!

Also mus_mustafar_exception is "Count Dooku's Enterance".

I haven't seen Cerrabore online today but once I do see him I'll send him these files. I know he will be absolutely THRILLED with them, especially the chunk of "I Am The Senate" cue.

It's the longest cue in the film. We have about a third of it, I think.

It's the longest cue in the film. We have about a third of it, I think.

Only 1/3rd?I just checked the film audio.The cue from when Anakin boards his spacecraft to where Mace subdues Palpatine is 2:30 long in the film.

The file we have,if you remove the looped parts,lasts 1:32.The problem is that the game file contains unused segments as well,so there stuff we have that's not in the film,like the action version of the emperor's theme.

But all in all it sort of works out because I can make a nice cue edit with what we do have without any strange transitions.The key parts are all there.There's some non thematic fluttering brass passages missing near the end,but it's hard to tell there not there since the ending itself is intact.

K.M.

k.M.

I am working on repairing the Dooku/Yoda fight from the AOTC clips. I have discovered the natural order of the fanfares, and it sounds much better, but I am wondering, what have we discovered about Confrontation with Dooku and Finale from the OST???

What is the force theme statement for. I assume it is for Yoda stopping the pillar from falling using the force, and that Yoda's theme was for the fight. The swirling strings and chorus would begin when Dooku began using the force to bring down the pillar.

Any contenders?

I'm looking forward to hearing this as well, but I can wait until it gets uploaded. Although if someone dropped me a PM, I wouldn't complain. :(

Where is it then? (PM me, in case Neil gets upset).

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

The next few days should be quite interesting.

We have most of the good stuff now.

K.M.

I agree. I will be very excited if Trials Of Obi-Wan has some certain cues I'm hoping it would have. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, hopefully too the game will be delivered in the morning so I can check the files and send them to Cerrabore if he's on tomorrow.

I Am the Senate and Count Dooku's Entrance??!!! SWEET!!!! I really think this is a good sign for any further music released on the games. Think about it, thus far, we haven't even found most of the stuff expected: Mustafar music! I can't wait to see what all is there!

Hey, whaddaya know, "I Am the Senate." I am working on getting these clips uploaded pronto. Editing instructions will be posted soon.

I am working on repairing the Dooku/Yoda fight from the AOTC clips. I have discovered the natural order of the fanfares, and it sounds much better, but I am wondering, what have we discovered about Confrontation with Dooku and Finale from the OST???

I've never been able to figure out the fanfares completely. Tell us about them! The beginning of "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale" is an alternate cue. Try playing it on the shot of Dooku's ship taking off into the skies, or so.

These were all the new galaxies files [unsorted from new material] that were included on the update:

mus_duel_of_the_fates_lcv

mus_mustafar_amb01

mus_mustafar_amb02

mus_mustafar_dark_jedi_master

mus_mustafar_droid_invasion_intro

mus_mustafar_hk47_intro

mus_mustafar_intro

mus_mustafar_obiwan_quest

mus_mustafar_quest_exception

mus_mustafar_quest_fail

mus_mustafar_quest_success

mus_mustafar_story_arc_complete

mus_mustafar_quest_success contains the end of "The Jedi Archives" from Clones. Unfortunately, it's sort of mixed with TPM material at the end.

Editing instructions have been updated. I don't exactly know how to edit "I Am the Senate," but the version I have sounds fine. Does anyone have a more accurate way to arrange it?

Oh, is anyone going to see if Trials of Obi-Wan is out during the weekend? To meet certain deadlines, some games are delivered early, so someone might want to check at Best Buy or something.

Editing instructions have been updated. I don't exactly know how to edit "I Am the Senate," but the version I have sounds fine. Does anyone have a more accurate way to arrange it?

I just dumped the looped music,and re-placed a segment towards the end.It includes all the new music without repeating segments.Vosk made a more complicated edit which sounds more like the film verion that Im trying to figure out,but he looped a part of it.

K.m.

These were all the new galaxies files [unsorted from new material] that were included on the update:  

mus_duel_of_the_fates_lcv  

mus_mustafar_amb01  

mus_mustafar_amb02  

mus_mustafar_dark_jedi_master  

mus_mustafar_droid_invasion_intro  

mus_mustafar_hk47_intro  

mus_mustafar_intro  

mus_mustafar_obiwan_quest  

mus_mustafar_quest_exception  

mus_mustafar_quest_fail  

mus_mustafar_quest_success  

mus_mustafar_story_arc_complete

Er... I can't see some of them on the FTP...

I Am the Senate sounds great!!! Thanks so much!!! What parts of it are we missing?

I also seem to recall there being more to Count Dooku's Entrance, though. Is that the whole cue? Maybe I'm thinking of the duel music.

1M6 "Count Dooku's Entrance" (or at least the part of it used in the movie) goes from the arrival of Darth Tyranus to the beginning of the duel.

1M7 "The Death of Dooku" (just like above) covers the end of the duel, in particular from the moment Dooku kicks Anakin against the wall and pushes Obi-Wan downstairs. It is certain that 1M7 scores at least part of the duel: this is an extract from Hyperspace report #1 "The Score Begins", which surely describes cue 1M7 (given the "three-way rematch" with Dooku and the mention of the "fight's denouement" music).

The next cue jumps to the early moments of film, to the first lightsaber duel in a movie packed with many. It's the three-way rematch that sees Anakin and Obi-Wan once again square off against Count Dooku. The frenetic on-screen action is accompanied by aggressive combat music devoid of any familiar character-based themes. The percussive music, accented with cymbal hits, underscores the lightsaber attack, but it isn't particularly timed to each hit. To do so would be impractical, given the intensity of the sound design that will accompany this lightsaber action.  

An angry roll of timpani accompanies the fight's denouement, silencing the orchestra in its wake. Then come some tentative strings, exploring the uncomfortable silence that follows.

Well I got the necessary info on how to download Trials Of Obi-Wan in my e-mail and I went to go download it and put in the Access Key and tried it 6 times now and it gave me this message: "Sorry - The consumption of this account key requires features which your subscription does not have". I have no idea what in the hell that means. I have contacted the customer service at LucasArts to try and figure out what that means and how I can go about downloading the game. I have to wait for their e-mail and probably won't get an answer until sometime after 10am Pacific Time. It's 6:31 here now and they're an hour behind me....*sighs* So frusterating...

Edit: I feel like my signature right now lol...

BTW, in Hyperspace report #5 "Finale" Pablo Helman says that:

With each cue running over six minutes, Shawn Murphy describes the next two pieces as "monster cues."

The mentioned cues are then reported to be titled "Scenes and Dreams" and "Moving Things Along". The first one (aka "Anakin's Dream"), with the still unreleased segment, could possibly be 6 minute long, but the last one needs to have TWO minutes of unreleased music... So I was wondering: could 5M6 score the music from the previous Anakin & Padmé's scene ("You know, Padmé, I'm going to Mustafar to kill Nute Gunray and all the other Separatist leaders") to Sidious beginning his speech to the Senate? This would imply that the rythmic passages after the wonderful Yoda's Theme from "Yoda Farewells") are actually part of "News of the Attack"...

I doubt that some scenes between Obi-Wan's arrival on the Tantive IV and Sidious in the Senate have been cut (that would be another possibility for a 6-minute-long "Enter Lord Vader"), because from the Yoda/Ben/Bail scene the music matches exactly "Enter Lord Vader" (no edits, apart from the added percussions). Could this be a fair interpretation of the complete cue list or am I horribly wrong?

Another question (the last, I promise), this time to the ones who have a bootleg version of Episode III. If "I Am the Senate" ends when Anakin enters the Chancellor's office, then (my fears become reality) the music for the final Sith lightnings used by Sidious to finish Mace Windu is tracked from "Enter Lord Vader"? I hope not...

Only a tiny bit of the music is probably "tracked" from Enter Lord Vader.....however the way how it's played in the film I don't think it's tracked....might be just Williams encorperated that tiny section into Enter Lord Vader...

Some cue timings for the lengthier cues in the picture:

2M6 - Scenes and Dreams - 5:51

4M6 - I Am The Senate - 7:39 (this seems to continue under Anakin's conversation with Palpatine. The segue to 5M1 is under Palpatine's line 'Do what must be done').

5M6 - Moving Things Along - 6:26 (as far as I can tell, this includes the scene with Anakin & Padmé after News of the Attack).

Thank you to everyone!!!

It's just me or mus_mustafar_amb_01.mp3 happens to be an exact copy of ambient3.mp3 from Battlefront II? And does that happen another time with mus_mustafar_amb_02.mp3 and ambient4.mp3?

Well after talking with live chat for my problem the reason why I can't get the key code for Trials Obi-Wan to work...they said I needed to get one of the previous Star Wars Galaxies games and sign up and have Galaxies account. :sleepy:

I will wait to see if Cerrabore comes on later today and maybe he can help me out here on trying to download the game before I have to probably go to Wally World and buy Star Wars Galaxies: Total Experience.

Not so much as a bad day...just a bit frusterating right now. I thought you didn't need one of the other Galaxie games in order to download and install Trials Of Obi-Wan. I thought you just needed the other Galaxie games to play the game.

Edit: Guess I might be wrong. I think Cerrabore has a Galaxies account...I'll ask him later today if I see him. If he's not on by 12pm centeral time, I'm going to just go to Wal-Mart and buy the Galaxies: Total Experience and get everything done with...

I can send a PM with my edit of the AOTC Dooku Duel Fanfares.

Hey guys WHAT is that music that builds up from very quiet to very loud with the evil ostinato? It was not in the movie, was it? Or was it?

Well,this sucks for the Obiwan game,there's always somehting when you have to set up a stupid online account to play games.Unless this was just an expansion pack for an existing game,i don't dee why you should have to own all the previous shit for it.Same shit with the Steam registration engine for Half Life 2,even though I managed to endure their crap and finished the game,I'm never buying anything that requires autorisation by the Steam engine ever again.I wanted to show the game to my friend 1 month after finishing it,and it wouldn't let me play,saying I needed to download a new version of Direct X I already installed 2 years ago.

K.M.